Bath and Body Works whole store

3.5

on 6/30/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Overall a nice store with a lot of variety to choose from. Prices aren't too bad IF you want numerous products or are purchasing something on clearance. I would never buy a single item at retail. I have had many dreadful experiences at "Buy 5, Get 2 Free" type of events (the item count is usually higher in Canada than the US), where I could find 4 things I wanted, or maybe 5, but its often difficult for me because I don't go in wanting a million products. I wish they did buy one get one half off, or something similar.

Also, I'm very upset with their e-mails and I wish I never agreed to join their mailing list. They e-mail on average 2 times a day. I once was away from my e-mail for an extended weekend and returned to almost 20 e-mails from them. I don't know how many people shop for these types of products on a daily basis, but I surely don't. As a result, I'm not too inclined to shop there, as their emails annoy me quite a bit! They should have once in a while coupons, or ones that are valid for certain periods but I don't need to be updated on the daily candle sale. And btw, $20 for a candle is not a sale. And anyways, how can they expect us to shop there so often when their sales require you to buy 50 things at once? If we shopped half as often as they sent e-mails we would have more of their products in our homes than they have in the store.

on 6/30/2011 10:59:00 AM

I primarily shop when they have their semi-annual sales, so I can buy their classic and discontinued scents and get good deals at up to 75% off. I can't wear regular parfum because of allergies but I am ok with B&BW body mists and splashes. My current favorite body scents are Sheer Freesia (which doesn't last very long), Coconut Lime Verbena for the summer and Warm Vanilla Sugar for the winter. Some other body scents that are nice are Pearberry and Lemongrass and Sage.

I have also found that I have purchased a few that I liked initially, then I got sick of very quickly like the True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere Fragrance Mist and Body Lotion, smells too much like buttercream frosting. I also really liked the Cotton Blossom a lot at first, but now I find it too strong smelling.

I also enjoy the wallflowers in vanilla bean noel and warm vanilla sugar for the winter. For candles I enjoy the Eucalyptus Spearmint aromatherapy and I also like the Sparkling Mojito room spray but find it doesn't last very long.

From what I understand they have a great return policy, so if you don't like it, they will take it back, no questions asked.

on 6/20/2011 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

word to the wise: watch for hidden fees when ordering b&bw online. 4 items of equal size and weight, shipping $5.99. 3 items, shipping is $9.99 - why? a $4 "surcharge". the explanation? it "cost the company more in time and handling". kid you not. is it on the order when you place it? no. is the fee seperate and in addition to the total (i.e. item total + shipping + "additional surcharge")? no. IF you notice that your shipping goes up though your order went down, you can come the "customer service" page to find the "extra time and handling surcharge" for one less bottle of lotion or bodywash etc. do they have the right to do that.... hm. is it good business, good customer service, ETHICAL.... absolutely not. particularly when you can purchase the same items in store with no shipping nor handling nor "surcharge", even if the sales associate spends a great deal of time assisting you.
bottom line for me is this: love many of their products. would i EVER do business with them ONLINE again, no. something to be aware of.
(jessie? "floor supervisor"? work on that professionalism, hon.)

on 1/29/2011 11:41:00 PM

PROS: A wide variety of mostly "natural" scents, ranging from berries to florals to musks. Their candles are highly scented. They have frequent sales. Love their lotions, body sprays, and even plug-in air fresheners. Their "Lay it on thick" shower cream is very moisturizing and scented a divine pineapple-cream scent.

CONS: Without the sales, they are kind of pricey.

on 11/14/2010 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I tend to go to Bath & Body Works once every few months. They do have some good smelling candles, lotions, & lipglosses, but sometimes I think they could be much better. I feel the salespeople are nice, but a bit pushy and items are over-rated & over-priced.

on 11/14/2010 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

B&BW is the Victoria's Secret of bath and body products--overhyped, shoddy products that are overpriced, then constantly on sale to try to make you think you're getting a deal. I find their products uniformly underperform and smell awful in the bottles (like Avon, all their scents seem to have a common, cheap base that gives them an odd and unpleasant smell, which is worsened to varying degrees by whatever additional scent they add) and worse on me for as long as they last, which isn't long at all. If you want a deal on bath and body products, try some of the small etailers--you'll get great quality products that smell wonderful at a reasonable (certainly comparable to B&BW) price, and benefit a small business rather than a large corporation that is just looking to rip you off.

on 11/14/2010 1:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't know why a lot of people don't like BBW, but I guess everyone has their own opinions! I love how often they have sales, you can almost always get a good deal! Plus you always get a coupon with purchase, and I get them in the mail and email. I love how it's not expensive, but the scents don't smell cheap. I love perfume, but I don't always have the money to buy really expensive brands, but I don't want to get the cheap crap that you get from the drugstore. Ugh. BBW is perfect because it fairly priced and there's so many yummy scents to choose from. I just love shopping there! I hope that they are always going to be around! :)

on 11/14/2010 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I find their naggy/perky salespeople irritating, their products underwhelming (and thus overpriced), and I'm unimpressed with their constant sales- all a ploy to get you leaving with like 5 bottles of lotion/bubble bath when you need one. That said, they have had a few scents over the years that are pretty nice: cucumber melon, warm vanilla sugar, sweet pea. I like these smells, but I still do not use their products, as they are just generally not too great. I'd rather buy drugstore lotions, or just splurge on nicer, more expensive lotions, and feel better about the cost.

on 11/13/2010 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My daughter loves their Warm Vanilla Sugar (YUK!) so I went in the other day to buy for her birthday. Everything in that store is way over priced, and I hate how everything looks the same, same packaging, labels, whatever... Overhyped and overpriced. I will not go back.

on 11/13/2010 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know this sounds cheap but I'm poor. I can't afford expensive perfumes and most, in the range I can afford, smell awful. So I buy their body sprays when they're on sale. If B&BW isn't having a sale or I don't have a coupon, I don't buy from them.

Popular Other Products