September 1, 2014 | 1101 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by ngocngaoi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Basically the best lip balm for your money. I called this my giant glue stick. Some might not like how it's so bulky but I personally love that because it also makes application easier. I've tried many lip balms product in the past. This includes Burt's Bees, EOS, Chapstick, Aveeno, Nivea, Ocean Potion, etc. and I gotta this one does the best job a moisturizing and it stays on the longest. I have stubborn, chronically dry lips so this is saying a lot. Though I admit this could have something to do with its price. Since it's so cheap, I'm not hesitated to put it on whenever my lips are not moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by pab22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First thing I noticed about this was the interestingly convenient packaging that it was in; almost like a lip balm but thicker. (Although it looks like you can still use it for your lips according tot he label. ^ ^)

The second thing that I noticed was that it could help with the dark marks and blemishes of the face, which sounded great considering I had a lot of acne scars left behind.

And the third thing that took me by surprise was it's price. It was such a bargain of an item that I couldn't resist testing it out for myself. I bought this about the same time as my Derma E moisturizer, and used the two combined as part of my daily facial regiment.

What a difference they made for me. After a year of using this twice a day, a lot of the scars that would have taken years to disappear were gone. I hadn't even realized how evident that was until my aunt asked me why my face looked so nice and clear.

When you get that kind of a compliment from someone you KNOW it's worth it. I think I got two extra ones after the first one ran out because it's so wonderfully cheap. And because of the great packaging you really can take this anywhere.

It just goes to show you that great things really do come in small packages.

TIP: Try not to go crazy and smear it all over your face. Just rub the balm in the areas where the dark scars are most obvious and massage it after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by shereenmohsen

got it as a freebee over my palmers cocoa butter formula
I love it . really moisturize my lips , feels so sofit & it has the yummy
white chocolate smell

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by myzweibo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for almost 10 years and I have never found a chapstick that even comes close! I always makes my lips feel super smooth, and relieved them when they are chapped in the winter! It even leaves a glossy shine so it looks like I'm wearing a gloss (without being sticky). Sometimes if I have an extra dry patch of skin on my face this stick is great for that too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I heard good things about this product, so I thought I'd give it a try. I got the one with SPF 30. I didn't buy it to use as a lip balm as much as to use to put on the dry patches I get on my hands, around my nose, and around my mouth in the winter. I apply it to those places by putting it on my finger first. But because of how hard it is, I feel like I'm not really getting much. It's nice as a lip balm though. It doesn't add a lot of shine, so both men and women can use it. And because of this, it would be nice to use under a lip stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lovelylaura25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up a few months ago after reading all of the amazing reviews here and I'm so glad I did. I used to be really prone to dry lips and cracking (especially around the corner of my mouth) because I wear so much lipstick/lipgloss/stain. Since I started using this product, I have not had one problem with my lips at all! I only apply it once in the morning and once before I go to bed at night and the moisture lasts all day. When I wear it underneath lipstick, I can feel it protecting my lips from dryness. Because we're heading into the colder months now, I may have to apply it once more mid-day, but I'm confident it will keep my lips soft and nourished. I recommend this to people ALL of the time and I will never purchase another lip balm again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by smilejosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product works really well and its really cheap .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this lip balm and I've tried a TON of them! It works wonders on my regularly chapped dry lips. The moisture lasts a long time and I don't get that nasty waxy feel from this. Also, this doesn't leave white balls of residue behind. This balm can be used as a cuticle balm and great for elbows too. The scent is fantastic as well! Plus, this tube is mega huge and looks like a glue stick lol

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Milee07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely fell in love with the scent of this product. It smells like chocolate HEAVEN. I saw a rave about this product on Youtube, ran to Walmart, and picked it up. It was only 2 dollars or so and came with so much product - about the size of a jumbo glue stick! It seemed like a steal to me.
Being so quick to buy it, I hadn't read the ingredients. I am very picky when it comes to lip balms/ skin care/ hair care, and I was very disappointed to see the second ingredient was MINERAL OIL.
Mineral oil pretty much blocks out any moisture from getting in or out and leaves your lips or skin feeling even drier.
I will not repurchase.
Hope this was helpful xx!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MissMakeupAddict14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This smells and tastes absolutely lovely, It reminds me of chocolate.
The best thing about it though is that it actually works! Though not amazing, most lip balms I buy work for a few weeks and then just leave my lips back to the chapped state they were, so this one is the one I reach for most often. It is quite thick and waxy in texture and does to some extent, moisturise your lips but it doesnt last long at all, which is a let down.
I paid 1.50-ish for a tube which is quite good I suppose as it lasts quite long but the reason 1 lippie is taken off is because of the packaging, its dreadfu! I mean, what lip balm has the twist-up thing at the top instead of the bottom? This one. And then when I used it for the second time, some of the lip balm broke off when I was putting the lid back on! So half of the lip balm is stuck in the top of the lid:(
Overall, I probably would purchase again, though im still on the look out for a HG lip balm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No