MAC Lickable

4.5

on 3/30/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My first mac lipstick ever. I absolutely love this. My friend and I were looking around the make up counters and she told me I should try a hot pink color. I ended up loving the results and buying it. Staying power is great. Doesn't dry lips. It was between this and girl about town but this one is definitely more wearable. Will be buying more mac creamsheen lipsticks!

on 12/19/2011 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lickable is hot pink/fuchsia with some shimmer that is barely visible in the tube and invisible on the lips. The finish is dewy and juuuuust shy of opaque, which I think adds seductive dimension. Like reviewers below, I prefer it to MAC's Girl About Town; Lickable feels fresher and pinker due to the not-quite-sheerness mentioned above, the lightness of the finish (Girl About Town feels and looks a bit heavy or thick IMO) and the cooler color. It's just beautiful and I think hot pinks in general are quite flattering. Recommended.

on 12/3/2011 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Love love love this lipstick. Prefer it to girl about town. And it's so wearable. Never use it with a lip liner. Maybe I should try it with one. Looks great neat though. One of my go to brights. For reference I'm nc45

I looooove this lipstick. It is definitely my most worn bright color. I am super pale but don't feel that it washes me out too much... then again that wouldn't bother me anyway so I guess that point is moot. Anyway, I love it so much I wore it in my friend's wedding. Her first reaction was "you're really going to wear a lippie that bright?" then she came around with a "well it is a reallllly pretty color...." She was sold on it and now in the pictures my lips stand out for sure, but look great! What I really love about this color is it's nice and creamy but doesn't bleed.
PROS: nice texture, good staying power, no bleeding, beautiful all around
CONS: ummmm none.

on 9/26/2011 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is very pretty. I Loved the heck out of this over Girl about town and Im a fuschia girl burt I hated girl about town. I loved this so much. I love that this is cremesheen and has that soft gloss effect. I wear magenta liner or currant. This has became my top 10 favorites.

on 6/30/2011 1:39:00 PM

I love the staying power that this lipstick has - and the different ways you can wear it. Using it alone you can use it as a lip stain - it stays on forever! Literally did not reapply all day long at the office. Or you can put gloss over/under it for a subtler approach. I used a nude lipstick under it and it came out this beautiful soft pink.

on 5/10/2011 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is an amazing color, and when I wear this is all I need to be wearing.

on 4/22/2011 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

oh WOW - this is the greatest lipstick colour Ive got in years (got instead of bought as I was lucky enough to B2M for this). The formula is amazing, not too sheer or slippy so it stays on your lips perfectly. the colour is to die for gorgeous deep bright pink with a tinge of raspberry and mixes so well with dazzleglasses if you want that really glam sexy look (i put Like Venus over top and its fantastic). i had wanted to get Pink Nouveau but they were out of stock and I chose this instead, thank goodness Pink Nouveau was out of stock or I would have never discovered this gorgeous colour. I used to wear only nude lip colours and I have very pigmented lips and lots of pink undertones in my skin that certain colours can bring out and make me look awful but Lickable doesnt do that, its very complementary (NC15-20 for ref) and i will most definitely repurchase.

on 4/17/2011 12:51:00 AM

I am an NC44/BB Golden. I wanted to try a color out of my comfort zone for Spring. I tend to go with berries, neutrals or reds. I looked at a lot of pinks. Lancome's Color Design Fuschia Clutch was a contender but was a little too drying and I really didn't want to pay $22 for it. I tried Revlon's Wild Orchid but it was too purplely. A lot of others were just to light for my complexion.

I decided to hit the MAC counter and initially the MA suggested Girl About Town which is a beautiful fuschia color but very intense and bright. I wore it for about an hour and it was just too much for me. The second time I went to the MAC counter, another MA suggested Lickable. This is my second Cremesheen and I really like the texture of it. Lickable is a lower wattage version of GAT. You can blot it for a nice stained look, rock it with lipgloss- it looks good with lipglasses Oh Baby, Decorative and Viva Glam VI- or use it at full strength which is still pretty colorful, just not as highly pigmented as GAT. I have gotten several compliments on this and I am glad I tried something different.

Update: This turned out to b a little too bright for everyday, even though it is not as bright at GAT. What I needed was a darker toned done fuchsia. I managed to find one that I like better than Lickable, Nars Funny Face Semi Matte Lipstick. It is more wearable for everyday whereas Lickable would be a night look for me.

on 4/14/2011 10:13:00 PM

I love this applied over Saint Germain :)

Popular Lipsticks