Lancome Matte Finish Sheer Pressed Powder

3.9

on 6/7/2005 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this expect I have the pale beige and it is to much color, it changes the whole look of my foudation. It can look a bit cakey too. It does look good throughout the day though. It it about $28 at the lancome counter I got it for about $12 on ebay, so I can't be that mad.

on 6/4/2005 8:43:00 PM

The powder is not sheer and my skin was immediately oily upon application.

on 3/14/2005 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Got this after returning the Photogenic powder. This does seem to give a more lasting matte finish on my very oily skin, but still too heavy for my tastes. It seems like this could be used as just a foundation! Settles into fine lines. Makes me feel like I look like Data from Star Trek Next Generation!

on 2/25/2005 12:06:00 AM

got this as a sample.. and it was ok.. it definitely put a matte finish on my face and it was usually not cakey..

on 2/15/2005 3:39:00 PM

Im really really impressed by this one. It does matify for quite a long time without being chalky like MAC Blot Powder. Instead, the skin looks finer and velvety. No problems with caking as well. Love it!!!

on 12/24/2004 7:43:00 PM

I tried this and I found that this was no different than Feel Natural from L'Oreal. What I really liked is that it kept my oilies at bay. I really like the scent of this over the L'Oreal powder. I will repurchase this if L'Oreal decides to discontinue it's Feel Natural Powder.

on 12/5/2004 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love it...I just wish that they would start packaging more pressed powders the way they package powder foundations - with a seperate compartment for the pad.

on 11/18/2004 11:07:00 PM

I don't think this powder is any better than the Revlon Shine Control pressed powder I used before. Revlon discontinued that one so I thought it was a good time to switch to something better. For the price I paid, I expect more. Besides, the shade Pale Beige is a tad too dark for me but I couldn't find a better match in this line. I'll try Mac for oil control next time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This just didn't work for me. I had it in light buff, but it was too orangey for me. Also, when I put in over my eye area before my eye cream was completely dry, it totally caked up and turned really orangey. I took it back and went back to my Estee Lauder Double Matte right away!

on 10/20/2004 9:06:00 PM

UPDATE: I don't know if they've changed the formula or what, but this gives me zero coverage now.

Old: I find this to be the best powder yet. I've bought 6-7 compacts of it. I use it alone, with concealer. I use Claire, it's natural and last pretty well. Not too matte, either. My face isn't oily, combo I'd say, but I have a problem with makeup making it greasy. This doesn't do that. No breakouts, minimal grease. Medium coverage. I love it!