Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner

3.2

on 7/20/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is just your average eyeliner. nothing horrible, nothing awesome. it applies smoothly and can be smudged with the opposite tip of the pencil. it's a waste of time to try and apply it to you water line, and it doesn't last as long as a more expensive eyeliner would, but it's pretty much what you'd expect from a non-water proof, drug store pencil.

on 7/6/2011 7:56:00 PM

This eyeliner is very smudgy, and it fades very easily.

on 7/2/2011 3:53:00 PM

I currently use this as my main eyeliner. and its very good for being a drugstore eyeliner. its not very water resistant. I wear it to school and you know all my friends are so fun they make me cry :) and it smears a little. I have to rub underneith when it happens but i still get it off. And after school for volleyball it kind of runs so i have to swipe it off during practice. (but i sweat a lot during practice so i think its resonable to think it would rub off.) overall i really like the product and I would recomend it for being drug store. I do think there is better eyeliners out there but for being maybelline and drugstore... its a good solid product!

on 6/19/2011 11:55:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Dark Brown and it gives a nice natural look. It does tend to smudge and leaves dark around my eyes after I try to wash it off which is why I gave it a 4, but other than that it is great. I love the packaging and the smudger, price was reasonable and I can also use this color to define my eyebrows and it stays on better than most eyebrow pencils I have tried. I have re-purchased this several times and will keep buying it, but this eyeliner isn't for everyone. If you are after a bold look with good staying power it's best to give this one a miss, but for me this works well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was in a rush when i got this - grabbed the first brown eyeliner i set my eyes on. And it was this.

Well I'm not impressed. What could ie xpect, for something that was 10 dollars?

It smudges like crazy. When i use it on my bottom lashline, it starts smudging within an hour of application.

I would not purchase this again.

on 4/16/2011 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this eyeliner to wear on my waterline and it shows up really well and is dark enough for me, i have it in Ebony Black. It is really smudgey but that's about the only thing i don't like about it. it's only $11 (Australian) and comes with a smudger on the end which actually works. I really like this eyeliner, i've re perchaced this twice :)

on 4/14/2011 3:26:00 AM

Just bought it recently.
It is dark enough for me:)
However, it is so smudgy :(

on 4/9/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My biggest reason for picking this product up was the promise of a softer pencil and because typically, I trust Maybelline for eye products. I wasn't sure if it work at first, but so far it has. I got in Blackish Brown (or Brownish Black, whichever) because I don't like the look of black eyeliner on me.

Pros:
-Price is very reasonable
-The product is a soft, blendable pencil that I don't have to press very hard at all to make it apply. The color is rich and doesn't skip so you get a smooth, consistent result.
-The blender tool is shaped in a way that's easy to use and doesn't have just one single angle like some do (and it actually works)
-It's long-lasting and stays in place for most of the day

Cons:
-The product can smudge fairly easily if touched

on 4/8/2011 6:45:00 AM

I don't like this eyeliner at all. it doesn't go on dark and i find i have to press quite hard to make a line. even then by midday it smudges like crazy!

on 12/21/2010 12:45:00 PM

One of the best eyeliners I've ever used! I have the brownish-black one. It applies nicely, and I love how it includes a smudge applicator in the same product (which, to me, seems hard to find). The only thing that I don't like is that it can fade a bit within maybe 5 hours. But it is very good as a staple eyeliner, since you can wear it everyday to work or school, or to a formal event. Would definately recommend if you want a versatile product.