Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner

3.2

on 8/17/2011 12:57:00 PM

I buy this eyeliner simply because it is the only pencil I have found so far that shows up dark black easily upon application.

The one downside of this eyeliner is that the pencil has some sort of oily base so that it cannot be sharpened to a fine point, and thus goes on in a thicker line than I would ideally like. It is relatively easy to wipe the thick line into a thin one however, it's just an extra step.

on 7/20/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

this is just your average eyeliner. nothing horrible, nothing awesome. it applies smoothly and can be smudged with the opposite tip of the pencil. it's a waste of time to try and apply it to you water line, and it doesn't last as long as a more expensive eyeliner would, but it's pretty much what you'd expect from a non-water proof, drug store pencil.

on 7/6/2011 7:56:00 PM

This eyeliner is very smudgy, and it fades very easily.

on 7/2/2011 3:53:00 PM

I currently use this as my main eyeliner. and its very good for being a drugstore eyeliner. its not very water resistant. I wear it to school and you know all my friends are so fun they make me cry :) and it smears a little. I have to rub underneith when it happens but i still get it off. And after school for volleyball it kind of runs so i have to swipe it off during practice. (but i sweat a lot during practice so i think its resonable to think it would rub off.) overall i really like the product and I would recomend it for being drug store. I do think there is better eyeliners out there but for being maybelline and drugstore... its a good solid product!

on 6/19/2011 11:55:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Dark Brown and it gives a nice natural look. It does tend to smudge and leaves dark around my eyes after I try to wash it off which is why I gave it a 4, but other than that it is great. I love the packaging and the smudger, price was reasonable and I can also use this color to define my eyebrows and it stays on better than most eyebrow pencils I have tried. I have re-purchased this several times and will keep buying it, but this eyeliner isn't for everyone. If you are after a bold look with good staying power it's best to give this one a miss, but for me this works well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was in a rush when i got this - grabbed the first brown eyeliner i set my eyes on. And it was this.

Well I'm not impressed. What could ie xpect, for something that was 10 dollars?

It smudges like crazy. When i use it on my bottom lashline, it starts smudging within an hour of application.

I would not purchase this again.

on 4/16/2011 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this eyeliner to wear on my waterline and it shows up really well and is dark enough for me, i have it in Ebony Black. It is really smudgey but that's about the only thing i don't like about it. it's only $11 (Australian) and comes with a smudger on the end which actually works. I really like this eyeliner, i've re perchaced this twice :)

on 4/14/2011 3:26:00 AM

Just bought it recently.
It is dark enough for me:)
However, it is so smudgy :(

on 4/9/2011 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My biggest reason for picking this product up was the promise of a softer pencil and because typically, I trust Maybelline for eye products. I wasn't sure if it work at first, but so far it has. I got in Blackish Brown (or Brownish Black, whichever) because I don't like the look of black eyeliner on me.

Pros:
-Price is very reasonable
-The product is a soft, blendable pencil that I don't have to press very hard at all to make it apply. The color is rich and doesn't skip so you get a smooth, consistent result.
-The blender tool is shaped in a way that's easy to use and doesn't have just one single angle like some do (and it actually works)
-It's long-lasting and stays in place for most of the day

Cons:
-The product can smudge fairly easily if touched

on 4/8/2011 6:45:00 AM

I don't like this eyeliner at all. it doesn't go on dark and i find i have to press quite hard to make a line. even then by midday it smudges like crazy!