July 29, 2014 | 905 users online

Powder - Lancome - Ageless Minerale Skin-Transforming Mineral Powder Foundation SPF 21 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by koreanmakeupjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive acne prone combination skin. I've always had a hard time finding a foundation that firstly matches my skintone or atleast close enough to look natural, and also have had a hard time finding a formula that won't break me out. This is perfect if you want a natural looking light-medium coverage foundation. It's talc-free which is a plus - i seem to break out from products with talc. odd. This shows fabulously on camera as well..you have almost a soft focus effect. If you have some discolouration, you might either want to get a concealer..or else u can just pat some of this foundation with your finger on the spots and that works just as well. Fabulous foundation!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A decent product. I bought this to set my foundation, and it does that. Light to medium coverage i used as just a foundation alone. I don't tend to use it on its own, as it is a bit too powdery for my taste, and thus looks too dry. Nice compact, functional packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Merina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Lancome foundations. Currently I switch between Teint Idole Ultra, Teint Idole Fresh Wear and now this wonderful mineral foundation.

Pros: Great satiny coverage. No in your face shimmer and not so matte that it feels dry/tight on the skin. Great packaging with a closed sifter that you can turn to open it up. Free of talc, oil and fragrance. Has SPF 21 and contains mica and alumina to reflect light.

Cons: PRICE! $42 for .35 oz (10 g). This seems like a lot but I actually did a price comparison with Bare Escentuals mineral foundation. Lancome is $4.20 per gram compared to BE's $4.33 per gram for original formula and $4.67 for the matte formula. So I guess Lancome is a better deal! It's still expensive though. LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by kerenmx5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would like to try this product but it is unavailable in asia or australia so want to buy from the web.

But to my dilemma I don't know what shade to choose from if anyone can help me.

I am asian / chinese with olive skin - not fair but slightly tan.
    around NC25. I don't want to pick anything too fair because I will look like a ghost. If anyone can hlep, that will be great.

Thankyou

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by yuigi

This can also be used as a great setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by LIFEL1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

absolutely adore the finish!
    Its long lasting, natural but gives you that coverage you're craving for!
    didn't flake on my dry skin AT ALL, the finish is similar to the BareMinerals original, but this one doesn't break me out!!!
    will definitely buy it or get a CP, so bad that they only sell this in the states.. but if you live there and love mineral makeup, GET IT!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Rowenah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love the color, texture and long wearing ability of this foundation. It is truely the nicest looking loose mineral powder foundation I have ever used. The finish is just lovely and it doesn't accentuate fine lines. It is easy to do touch ups (as long as you blot any oily spots before reapplying) w/o looking cakey - though I rairly need them. I also found it totally covered any redness I had in the center of my face. The shade is perfect for my very pale skin (BE, and JI are both too dark).

My only complaint is that anytime I wear it, I feel like I have a few blemishes that weren't there before when I take it off at night. It's not super horrible, but it still bothers me. I can't imagine what ingredient is giving me these breakouts b/c I have always been a huge fan of Lancome liquid foundations as they never cause me to get zits - EVER.

I want this to work so badly for me b/c it looks beautiful and natural, but I think I will have to try to find something else as my go to summer foundation formula. I just feel like I have tried every brand name and indy mineral product out there and either they are all too dark, don't last more than an hour, or both.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing mineral foundation. At first, I was afraid to try it because I have sensitive skin but my skin become really irritated and flaky 2-3 weeks ago so I could not wear liquid foundation. Lancome goes by intensity and undertones 10=cool, 20=neutral, 30=warm. I'm NC15-20 in the winter and NC20-25 in the summer. Ivory 30 was almost a perfect match.

1 application of this gives medium coverage and it is buildable up to full. Finish is matte and looks natural. I have combo skin and do get oily mid-day but if I top with powder, it lasts longer. Best of all, it does not emphasize flaky skin and stays fresh all day.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is gorgeous stuff but alas, the lightest color is way too dark for me to work with. This makeup literally makes skin look airbrushed, it is so fine, but, until they come out with a better mineral foundation in my color than my Laura Mercier pressed mineral, I won't ever purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by jostajoe

I would say this is the best mineral powder I've used and tried!

Color stays true all day, stay put power is incredible, light in texture but with excellent coverage. Love it love it. I put this over my Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer in bare radiance and the combination of products gives me the best radiant look for the entire day. I barely look like I have any makeup on. I do use a little undereye concealer before I use this product. But for facial blemishes, if any, I use either Shiseido or Bobbi Brown's stick concealer over the powder and blend it out with fingers. Flawless looking face. What else could I ask for? :)

I am surprised to see some reviewers said this product enlarges their pores and such. Make sure you prep you skin with a light but good moisturizer and blot your face with tissues before you puff the powder on. Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No