April 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Polishes - OPI - Suzi & The Lifeguard

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by EnglishRoseAmongThorns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this was going to be a pretty pale pink, which is it is, but it's somehow a little boring on it's own. The best way I have found to wear this is use another polish I wasn't keen, princesses rule, over the top. It looks way better the two colours complement each other perfectly and the sparkle really lifts suzi and the lifeguard

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2009 9:34:00 AM More reviews by kim080464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to be the perfect light pink color for me but it is not. There is really nothing special about this color, IMHO. It's not ugly but it just isn't all the pretty either. I can imagine this would be pretty on tan skin and maybe this is where this color falls short. I have lost my tan and it doesn't look hot on my paling skin. I also think that the trend for this fall and maybe the next year is cream or matte shades and this color is shimmery. Like another poster said this does seem to get gunky upon application. ;-(

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks like frosting on my nails...which is a good thing, but it was a blue based pink which clashed terribly with my skin tone. Also quite a common colour, and because this is not a colour I would not wear often I would rather buy a cheaper brand. It also went on really streaky, but I think that was due to my bottle as OPI are fab for application. Would look good on more tanned skins!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by snowcritter

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this polish. One of my daughters was wearing it & I thought it was the most beautiful color I had ever seen. She has yellow undertones & at first, I thought this was a peach color. She said, no, & gave me the name. I bought it & it looks light pink on my nails. I have a tan & that gives it a really good look. I would buy it again. This is the prettiest polish I have ever had from OPI & I buy alot!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 3:49:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a shimmery pale barbie pink. It took a lot of coats to get this opaque and not to show nail line. I am not crazy about the formulation or the frosty appearance. I got this as part of a mini set with the 3 other south beach colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 6:55:00 PM More reviews by onebum

The color is only okay, I'm pale and it kinda blends in with my skin tone. When I use it, I put a light coat of "Heart Throb" over it to make it a little more intense.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jimsland

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this at Ulta when they had OPI, buy 2 get 1 free.

Sand in My Suit was a must buy, but I am reserving judgement for when I have a tan - NOT cute on my pale, cool skin. Back to this.

Tan girls or fair, cool skinned ladies, this is for you. From reading previous reviews and looking at this on myself, if you're fair/ pale and have yellow undertones - stay away (but see above, I bet Sand in my Suit would look lovely!).

Looks just like in the bottle. 2 coats (along with a base coat) gives a nice opaque finish. A blue toned baby pink. Great for spring/ summer but could definitely be worn year round.

I was complimented on this by our Marketing VP and let me tell you, this woman has style with a capital 'S' - she's been warned to keep an eye on the extra bags and shoes she regularly leaves in her office ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

My fave nail polish i always ask for this when im getting my nails done at opi in selfridges! Girly pretty pale pink with a pearly glimmer. It also lasts really well on me and looks great with a tan :) No chipping whatsoever for me, with a top coat (opi as well) x

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by mo2

This is a pretty pale pink with shimmer. Not a fan of the formula though, it's thick and harder to apply compared to other OPI polishes. It's pretty sheer also, so I had to apply quite a few coats to be opaque. It's a nice, natural polish -- but the consistency prevents me from claiming it's the best pink out there.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Rating Suzi & The Lifeguard is tough. It's a pretty colour and it wears amazingly well, but it's a bit gunky. I normally love the pro-wide brush, but this polish seems to be much thicker than typical OPI, so the thick brush just makes it harder to apply a nice even precise coat. However, it dried super fast and wears really really well. I applied two coats over OPI natural nail base coat on Saturday. It's now Friday, and it has just started to chip. Better than most OPI's I have. As for the colour, it's a light, but opaque pink. In two coats you will get exactly what you see in the bottle. It has slight shimmer, but it looks like a cream unless you look closely. Like the reviewer before, I also have Aphrodite's Pink Nightie, but I'm not sure which one I would choose... just get both :)