Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 4/7/2015 9:16:00 PM

I'm sorry, but I just had to comment after reading reviews about the Clinique line being only for more mature skin. When I was in college in the late 80's, Clinique was known as THE cosmetic line for younger, acne-prone skin! All other lines either had oil or fragrance or really heavy coverage that was not suitable for younger skin! In fact, when I was about 18 years old or so, my dermatologist explicitly told me to go with Clinique makeup because the coverage was not too heavy and didn't clog pores and was suitable for really young skin that didn't need a lot of coverage!! So, these previous comments are simply not true, in my opinion! Clinique is a great cosmetic line for very young and for more mature skin!!

on 4/7/2015 12:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation is by leaps and bounds, the best foundation I've ever tried (for reference, I've tried 54- yes I keep a list!!). Clinique has never really stood out as a brand to me or caught my attention since I've always associated it with being makeup suited to more mature skin but this stuff is working just fine for me! I decided to try it out because I'd heard some good things about it and being a foundation junkie, I couldn't not try it. Best makeup decision I've ever made. I have combination skin- it is both oily and incredibly dehydrated and finding a foundation that both controls oil and doesn't accentuate dry patches as the day goes on is a task and a half. This foundation lasts all day on my skin no matter how long I need to wear it for that day and it always still looks so beautiful when I go take it off at the end of the day. It also does not gravitate towards or cling to my dry patches at any point in time. The foundation is somewhat thick but I think where people go wrong with it is using too much. With this foundation you only need a very tiny pea-sized amount to give you a nice medium coverage. I have activate breakouts plus acne scarring and I find that this covers a good portion of my mild to moderate acne and acne scarring but I do need a little extra concealer for really red or discoloured skin. The finish of this foundation is divine. It is ever so slightly radiant and so it looks just like skin. I find that makeup that is both very radiant or very matte give the appearance of having makeup on which I am not a fan of. Nearly every time I wear this, I get a compliment from a friend and on occasion a complete stranger! My perfect foundation look is looking like I'm not wearing any at all and this foundation does that for me. I think it's also important to mention that my skin has a lot of texture due to acne scarring and this foundation does not bring attention to that issue. I use this in the shade Linen and I find that the shade matches perfectly to my very fair, neutral-warm undertoned skin. This foundation for me encompasses everything I would hope a foundation would ever do for me. Light on the skin, flawless natural-looking coverage, and completely non-irritating. Being a foundation junkie, this will not be the last foundation I ever own but it will definitely always be an active member of my foundation lineup as it has been for the past 2 years. Love it, highly recommend!!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Okay, so I tried this product out because I left my foundation at my friends house and so I grabbed my moms to put on just as a substitute for my own. I've never been super interested in Clinique myself because I felt like it catered towards more mature skin but I have always recommended it to my older family members and friends because of how much praise I have heard from my mother and grandmother.

First things first, this is not a full coverage foundation but it is build-able to a medium coverage. I apply and thin layer of this product to my skin with my fingers and use a little bit more over areas with redness. This foundation looks like skin and won't cake up no matter how many layers you apply! It does just what it claims, which is, evens skin tone and brightens your face leaving you with a GORGEOUS finish! It's very natural yet glowy.

I have a bit of dryness on the tip of my nose and it was able to take away all of the redness from it but did not cover the texture, with that being said it also didn't emphasize the dry skin either. I also had some hormonal redness around my nose and mouth w/o any dryness or texture and it evened that out with no problem, although like I said you will have to build it up in those areas. This can cover up the redness in your pimples and blemishes but the bumpy texture will still be there and because of the naturally glowy finish it may emphasize the raised area so make sure to mattify any bumpyness with a translucent powder and then it should be covered. :)

The packaging is pretty normal for Clinique, in sort-of a dropper bottle with a mirrored twisty cap, which isn't a problem but if you are like me and seeing lots of makeup and foundation of the cap really annoys you it might be aggravating. Of course if you use a brush with this product or wipe off your hands before twisting the cap then the problem disappears. So I guess you couldn't technically call this a con just a nu-sense.

The price is $33 which is pretty pricey to me but that just depends on what your used too ,I guess. I enjoyed this product alot and although other "reviewers" say it broke out their skin and irritated it I didn't find it to be a problem for me so maybe that's just for those of you who have sensitive skin? The color match was perfect as well as the long wearing longevity of this product and I honestly can't say anything bad about it. .

Two Thumbs Up From Me :)

on 2/21/2015 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this with help from SA at Shoppers Drug Mart about a month ago. She suggested Linen, which supposedly is the lightest, and in the store it looked like it would be okay. Sadly, I feel it is just a bit too yellow for my skin tone. Best colour foundation I ever had was Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 in Alabaster. I wanted a bit more coverage as I'm dealing with hormonal skin breakouts right now, red blemishes on really fair skin stand out like crazy.
Coverage is decent but I feel it shows my pores a bit too much. It's not drying which I do like. Not crazy expensive, $33, less than the Bobbi Brown.
Will not be purchasing again and might head to Murale to see what Bobbi Brown has in a foundation with a bit more coverage than the Skin. At least I know that BB line has colours that match my pale skin. If they could get the skin tones right I would consider purchasing again but, alas, I don't think that will happen.

on 2/14/2015 6:23:00 PM

I got this as part of a free "gift with purchase." What a surprisingly good find! The coverage is medium+ and buildable. The colour Fair is perfect for my NW15-20 skin and doesn't oxidise (a wonder for me.) I was using it straight initially and was impressed with it then, but now I mix a tiny drop of jojoba oil in then apply with stippling brush and the effect is amazing - I look airbrushed!! A little of this product goes a long way when applied correctly. As I've aged I've found foundation is making me look older, but this one doesn't; a definite repurchase for me.

on 2/13/2015 10:10:00 PM

I purchased this product in November 2013 and I absolutely love it! I have tried many different foundations throughout the years and I am quite happy with Clinique's Even Better Foundation. I'm 27 years old and my main skin concern is uneven skin tone. I love this product because it provides medium-full coverage and leaves a glowing, radiant finish. I apply this over the Laura Mercier foundation primer in radiance. Together i feel that both products restore "life" to my skin and make it beautiful! I have not experienced any breakouts with this product, and I would say it lasts about a good 7-8 hours. I honestly think that Clinique does not receive as much hype or buzz like MAC or Chanel, and I frankly believe it is better than the both. It's a reasonably priced product which really enhances the appearance of your skin and does not look like a "mask" when you apply it. The foundation photographs beautifully and I highly recommend this product!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm Asian and growing up I had the mother who wore foundation that was always too white for her face. Like mother, like daughter I have done the same thing. It shudders me to look at some of my old pictures! Haha. Being more aware, I've been searching for something that would match my skin tone as naturally as possible (with enough coverage) while helping me steer clear from looking cakey and heavily made-up. When researching, I thought this would be perfect for me. I went to Sephora and it was awesome because I came home that day with the best shade possible. It hardly looked like I was wearing foundation because it matched my skin tone so well. I actually liked it a lot.

I've been using it for 6 months, BUT since then I've been breaking out very badly. I had an inkling what the source was but I was in denial and blamed everything else (stress, menstrual cycle, etc.) and kept using the foundation. I had painful cystic acne all over on my forehead and cheeks. I also had clusters of small bumps everywhere. My pores were heavily clogged. It was so strange, because I NEVER had acne like this. My skin usually stays typically smooth even if I had the occasional cystic pimples. This was definitely not normal for me. I tried everything topical and medicinal to make it go away. I really didn't want it to be true. I switched the foundation out for my other bb cream and my skin got slightly better. I was still in some sort of denial and thought I could use it again, but as soon as I did, I would break out even more.

I am never touching this again. I am so self-conscious about my skin. I'm praying my skin gets back to its normal self.To make matters worse, I am a notorious picker too. On occasions, I used to be able to get away with not wearing any foundation but now I am horrified every time I look in the mirror. There are patches of blotchy red bumps on my cheeks, forehead, and there's hyper pigmentation everywhere. My skin has never looked so horrible. I regret ever buying this and hope my review can stop this from happening to someone else.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Do not buy. Save yourself from self-esteem issues and bad acne by avoiding this product. The even better skin tone foundation from Clinique is not worth the amount of time and money I have spent and lost trying to fix my skin.

NOT BUYING THIS PRODUCT will save you a lot of money, pain, and grief in the long run.

on 1/24/2015 10:01:00 AM

Clinique Even Better Foundation is the first liquid foundation I've used, and it's probably the only one I'll ever use! It has a very natural finish -- my friends don't even notice that I have foundation on!

I have acne prone skin, but thankfully, this foundation doesn't make me break out. I go to bed with makeup on sometimes (because I'm too sleepy to wash it off), but I don't get pimples the next day! It effectively covers my pimple scars, as well.

I set this with MAC's translucent powder and my face is just perfect! Thank you, Clinique!

on 1/19/2015 6:04:00 PM

I don't know why people are saying this is light coverage because it isn't for me... My skin isn't awful but it's definitely not perfect. I get breakouts every now and then, I have some redness and I do have acne scarring and this foundation covers most of it. I love the finish of it and how it's not too heavy for the oily parts of my skin but it's still ideal for the dry parts as well. The shade range is a little frustrating .. It looks like my skin tone when I squeeze it out but it oxidizes on my face .. I'll probably have to get a shade or two lighter

on 1/17/2015 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin that is prone to break outs so decided to try this as it is oil free. I tried the 02 fair but found this made me look orange however, I decided to keep it on for the rest of the day to see how it stayed on my face and I have to say I was really pleased. It covered up my imperfections well though not completely (I have age spots and red thread veins) my pores were less visible though this could be down to the toner used before applying this product! I applied this with a makeup sponge and found it went on easily and this way I was able to build up in areas I needed the most coverage. All in all it looked a natural finish apart from the colour wasn't for my really fair skin so I have ordered this in the linen shade which I believe is the lightest shade clinique do this product in. I was surprised that my face wasn't really shiny at the end of the day like most foundations I have tried before. Have only used this product for the one day so probably not enough time to see if it will break me out in spots. When the lighter shade arrives I will use for a few days and see what happens but for people wanting a natural look this is a good product.