October 31, 2014 | 1132 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by beccs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since i have very dry skin and psoriasis i thought this foundation would be perfect for me buts i was sadly disappointed. I tried it over several different primers including two of the Clinique superprimer range and i tried it under several powders, but it just wouldn't work. As soon as i would apply it using a beauty blender or a sigma brush it would cake and stick, and because my skin is so pale the lightest shade was so dark that all caking was instantly noticeable. I used it for about 6 weeks because i didn't want to give up on it, but i had to. After that time my skin didn't even feel nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Emwins

This makeup is amazing. I'm so bummed it doesn't come in any light shades because the formula is just perfect. I tried linen and alabaster. Linen was kind if yellow/ orangey and alabaster was just a hair too dark for me. I was forced to but another makeup that was twice the price and the finish is not as pretty as this clinique stuff. Maybe soon they'll have my shade again?

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Loveandcouturexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first put this foundation on, it's GORGEOUS. Beautiful satin finish and medium to full coverage. It's not heavy or cakey, and easy to apply. For reference, I wear B10 in Chanels VA and Classic Ivory in Covergirl's 3 in 1. In this foundation I wear the lightest shade, linen and it's a great match. The packaging is light and great for traveling because it's a plastic bottle with a pour spout. Why did I give it only 3 stars? It DOES NOT LAST. Throughout the day I get extremely oily with this and it just dissappears. Also, I find that the majority of the foundation is gone, but the rest just becomes patchy and hideous looking. It's such a let down, because it this foundation looked as good as it did when I first put it on, it would be a holy grail. I wouldn't reccommend this for oily skin or those of you who need a long wearing foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by HonoluluGal

I really love this foundation for days when I'm going for a more natural no-makeup look. You can use this for medium coverage, but it can be layered to get more full coverage. I have moderate melasma and use a full coverage concealer over those darker areas. I use a light layer of this foundation (over concealer), in the Porcelain Beige color. I use either a sponge applicator or my fingers and a buffing brush. What I love most about this foundation is that it makes my skin appear natural and not heavy or caked with makeup, which is important to me, since I go rather heavy handed with my concealer. The price is also great compared to other high end brands. My only complaint with this foundation is that it could be more long-lasting. I live in a hot and humid environment and by the end of the day, I can see the coverage has thinned and would need a touch-up. However, that's definitely something I can live with because the finish of this foundation works so well for me. Regarding Clinique's claims that the ingredients even out skin tone over time, I haven't seen any visible changes to my actual skin from using this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nicola31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation when I ran out if my double wear and was waiting for a new order to be delivered. First impressions were good although I found the shade looked a bit dark even in fair which is the lightest shade. After only a couple of hours I had a lot of shine despite powdering and using primer, the foundation had oxidised and settled into the fine lines around my eyes as well as highlighting the slightly dry patches round my nose. By the end of the day my face just looked dirty and all my blemishes were on show. Definitely not suitable for oily or combination skin and shades are too dark in my opinion. Definitely would not repurchase

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkstrawberii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have exxtreeeeemmmellly sensitive skin due to facial eczema and numerous factors can contribute to my flare ups. I had initially bought this looking for a face makeup that would not irritate my skin, but it did to an extent. Unlike many previous foundations I've tried this wasn't too bad. I did end up with very minor flare up in particular regions of my face (characterized by very slight redness and itchiness), however a flare up is a flare up and I returned the product. As of now I've been using Alima Pure's satin matte mineral foundation and this has definitely not been flaring me up!! I believe it contains only 5 ingredients (which many of them are just sunscreens), and I think it's due to the fact that it does contain very minimal ingredients that it hasn't caused me any breakouts.
So if you have eczema I'd really recommend looking into mineral foundation (the less ingredients probably the better). They may be more drying but I'd rather have dry skin than a painful swollen oozing face.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I had been breaking out pretty severely and was left with a bunch of red acne marks, so I was looking for a good foundation to even me out. This foundation claimed to fade discoloration and had good reviews on the Sephora website from other people with oily skin, so I got this in Golden Neutral to match my light-medium Southeast Asian coloring. Despite its claim to fade acne marks, unfortunately, I don't think I've noticed much of a change in my spots in the 5 months that I've been using it.

It works well enough. It comes in a bottle with a hygienic squeeze tip, which I really like, and has a pleasant consistency: thick, but not sticky. It gives medium coverage which covers the majority of my acne scars, though since I'm too lazy to apply it carefully, I mix it with my moisturizer and just rub it in for a sheer tint.

I don't think I'll be replacing it when it runs out. Given that I'm a student, I'd rather not spend $27 on one item of makeup. I recently picked up Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in Light/Medium, which is much more affordable. Given that I tend to dilute the Clinique foundation with moisturizer, the BB cream is indistinguishable in color and coverage, plus it visibly reduces the size and number of my pores!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by malibu64

My new favorite foundation! You don't need a primer with this one, which is a huge plus. Coverage is great (starts out medium I'd say), and layers very nicely. Lasts quite a while, longer when set with powder. The finish on this one is lovely - not too dewy or dry. No funny scent. Does not irritate my sensitive combination skin. One thing I really love about this one is that 24 Linen (my match) for VF-N is a true neutral - absolutely no pink or yellow undertone, so I get a really perfect match. At $27 this is a great value. The only downside to this one is the packaging - pumps are always preferable.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by pinktigerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great medium-coverage foundation that does not break out my sensitive combination skin. The initial finish is quite unnaturally dewy but once I set it with powder, it leaves a beautiful natural finish. Coverage is buildable and lasts well throughout the day as long as you set with powder. Finding a good shade to match your skin tone may be challenge, especially if you're pale and/or yellow-toned. You definitely want to test the shades in-store to find a good match. I'm pale and neutral-to-yellow toned and I use the shade Linen, which is actually the lightest shade despite the fact that its not number "01". As long as you can find a good shade match, this is a great buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by krystleclear

I am using this in Fresh Beige (asian shade) and I cannot really find any complaints with this foundation. This is one of the most long wearing foundations I have and it does not become patchy at all (despite my oily tzone). Whenever I need a durable foundation for that day I always use this one. It also gives a second skin look especially in pictures. It has a finish that is in between glowy and matte and I think it is just perfect. If you want a very natural makeup look that will last for the day then this is your best bet.