September 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Natural Beauty inspired by Carmindy Airbrush Spray Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ArtemisiaX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As an avid fan of What Not To Wear, like most I was glad to see an "Inspired By Carmindy" spray foundation that was probably less expensive than the brand she would suggest (aprox. $14 at RiteAid).

After a little over a week of using it I was disenchanted. The first noticeable offense is the smell that, while not uncommon for foundations to have a chemical-y scent, had a more pungent scent of what I can only compare to pen ink. Not really something I would choose my face to smell like if anything.

On the 3rd day of using this I too started to see small bumps appear on my face and although I am still prone to acne occasionally, this stuff exponentially increased the problem and by day 8 I had the worst acne that I've had since I was 13. No other foundation has caused this problem and I wasn't changing anything else in my beauty routine.

3rd Offense: On top of all this, their "light" wasn't light enough for my pale skin and upon looking more closely I would see the difference between the orange tint the makeup had and my actual skin color. In certain lighting it wasn't that noticeable but I caught it in the mirror on one of my final days using it and that was the last straw for me. This makeup was overpriced for what it is and what it does, which is: Stink, Smear, Irritate, and Tint unnaturally.

Staying away from this for good!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by lindsaymahn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So STOKED about this product! I have to say that this foundation has true staying power. I have oily skin and after a 9 hour work day I maybe needed to blot around the 7th hour and if you knew my face you would be stoked. I have to say that it is all in the application also, I spray in on the back of my hand and then stipple it in followed by a light buffing motion onto my neck. It blends beautifully and I mix the "light" and "medium light" together.....ummm I would say 3parts med with 1part light to match my NW22-25.
It's light beautiful and very buildable for great coverage on days when needed.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by avi00z

I am so disappointed with this product. First time I saw the advertising for this on the shopping channel and decided to order it in light. I have fair skin but color light for this product is wayy too light . The I decided to get the meduim/light , big mistake , that shade was too dark and it looked orange , kind of like fake tan. Besides the horrible shades, the coverage is sheer and application is even harder. Do not spray it directly, apply it with a sponge or your fingers ( the latter works better) and the worst part about this foundation is the smell. It has got a very strong scent and after one use I saw small bumps on my face. I also got the setting power and the eyeliner , both horrible products. Long story short, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Guimaraes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! Best for oily skin! Everyone should try this foundation!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by dais0307

I purchased this because the reviews made me think that it would be a good product. This product has hardly any coverage. I had to spray a lot and I mean a lot onto my brush for some coverage. It felt drying after applying it. It also made my skin itch for some reason later in the day. And for its $13.99 price tag, I definitely didn't think it was worth keeping. So I returned it back to CVS.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by noraho

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sally Hansen Naturals Spray Foundation Inspired by Carmindy. Although this foundation has a really thin texture its amazing how well it covers. I use it with a brush and it goes on well and is very natural. Easy to pick colors. I use medium now and used the dark last summer.Drawbacks: there doesn't seem to be alot in the can and it does fade by the end of the day which I'm used to because I have alot of sun damage and redness and haven't found anything that lasts all day without being really thick and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by lychee28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I finally tried this product today and so far so good.
When I heard about this from Michelle Phan and she seemed to praise it, so I thought, 'why not?'

It's very smooth on my skin, the smell wasn't bad, and I'm the kind of person who has a VERY weak stomach when it comes to such things.
The feel is a bit oily but it looks very natural. I did set it with powder and it did not lose texture; skin still smooth, two thumbs up.

I bought mine at CVS and the price I was very hesitant in buying; normally I don't spend much on make up...at least not THAT much. It was $15...If this could only cost less...Unlike Michelle Phan, I don't have sponsors and such supporting me.

Overall, I would buy it again if I had the money to splurge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MunsterGhoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. Its very light weight and not greasy feeling. I have a very hard time finding the right shade of foundation for my skin, i have a weird yellow undertone but this matches really well and looks very natural. I like the smell aswell. Its not really cheap i got mines at the drugstore for 13$. But it was worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 8:12:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First I have to clarify that I found the lightest shade of this product in a clearance bin for $3.75. So I marked "1" for the price, though I would have marked it a "4" if I had paid suggested retail price for it. I think it is around $13.00 normally. So, here's my breakdown for this product:
Pros:
The lightest shade matched my n20 skin just fine. Blends in decently and leaves a satin finish, which has decent lasting power (though I always set my foundation with a dusting of powder). Shade leans quite yellow. Oily skins will probably find this a better match than drier skin types.

Cons:
Personally, I hate the spray can. I'm glad I put on my makeup while I'm still in pajamas, because you have to be very careful about the overspray from this product. I didn't like aiming it for a sponge, so I just used the back of my hand like a palette, sprayed it on there, and used my fingers to apply it and blend it on my face. I also only got about 10-12 uses out of the can before it was gone (and it was shrink-wrapped when I bought it, so I know it hadn't been tampered with). That didn't bother me so much for what I paid for it, but I would have been horrified if I'd paid full price. Cost per use is much too high!!

Overall, I'm glad I was able to try it, because I'd been curious about it, and it was a weird feeling to actually use a foundation up :P, but I wouldn't bother with it again, even if I found it on clearance, because I've used other foundations that I like much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just did a blog on this: http://ppinkrroses.blogspot.com/2011/03/february-hits-and-misses.html

But here are the higlights of what I think of this product:

Pros:
1.lightweight
2.natural looking
3.easy to apply and blend
4.long lasting
5.holds it own against oily skin!

Cons:
1. does have a weird smell that lingers for a bit which I'm not a fan of
2. not a good range of shades.

Neither pro nor con:
1. The spray can. I neither like nor dislike the packaging. It's interesting. I just spray a bit onto a dry sponge (tried wet and dry actually works better for this foundation) and press it into my skin then blend it out.
2. The price. It cost me $15 for 1 oz, which for a drugstore product seems expensive, but if this was a MAC foundation or a Dior foundation, we'd all be jumping up and down and celebrating over the price, so for a foundation that works, I'll spend $15 no problem.