Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

4.1

MICA, DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, METHICONE, SQUALANE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, SEA SALT/MARIS SAL/SEL MARIN, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE, SILK POWDER/SERICA/POUDRE DE SOIE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHEROL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, ALUMINA, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) STARCH, BUTYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR ( /-) BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), CARMINE (CI 75470), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

Finally, a product that actually does what it says it will! This is absolutely my HG of mineral powders. I'm absolutely thrilled with this product. It's luminous, doesn't set into lines, isn't cakey or chalky, evens out skin tone and is so long-lasting. I've become accustomed to doing my make up before work and looking in the mirror at lunch to find myself looking orange, oily, patchy or a combination of all three. The first day I wore this I was so happy to see that my make-up looked perfect at 12.30pm. I have medium oily skin and by 5pm, there is a very very slight oil breakthrough, so if you're very oily you might need to do a quick touch up on the t-zone at lunch, but apart from that it lasts incredibly well. It's matte, but at the same time it's luminous without making you look shiny or oily. My skin looks so even and clear, it's amazing.

I bought Pure Finish 02, which has no pink undertones. Finally, a product or light-skinned people that actually has some yellow undertones! Every other mineral powder I've used has made me look so pink. Unfortunately, if you're much lighter than an NC15, then this product will probably be too dark for you, because the lighter shade (01) has pink undertones. This product is expensive, but so worth it when you consider the amount of awful foundations I've been through in my time.

I use this product over top of Revlon's Colorstay and it offers very full coverage this way. The product on its own is buildable and is very pigmented so I'd say that it could be full coverage all on its own. The packaging is ingenious - it's really hygienic, sleek-looking and the shaver ensures that it's not wasteful. The powder puff it comes with is fairly useless, I just threw it away. But applied with a kabuki brush it gives an airbrushed look.

Overall, I LOVE this product. Can't recommend it enough.

Ive been using this product for about 1 year. I would say that I loved this product until a few months ago when i start to notice that my skin actually looked better WITHOUT the foundation on !

Generally I love this product. I got #1 which has nice color, probably the best match I've ever have. The color change a little during the first hour but I'm fine with that. I love the creamy, buttery texture and the soft, semi-mate look. I feel it's really a light weight foundation and provides great overage at the same time. It isn't drying at all but isn't able to give oil/shine control during the hot summer. This doesn't really bother me while the foundation stays in place and looks fine after 8 hrs, which is really good enough. One thing I really don't like is the packaging. Personally, I hate the shredding packaging though the manufactures are always saying this gives fresh powders, better hygiene, which are both true. However, I found it's hard to get just right amount of powder. The puff comes with this does a good job but makes the container more messy. Yes, it's for better hygiene but it's not ergonomic. For this reason, I drop one overall point and not buy this again. For the powder itself, it's definitely a worth buy.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The first time I used Pure Finish Mineral Makeup, I felt like bursting into song; in a good way. This is a statement that reflects not only the fact that I might be losing my mind; it also reflects the frustrating problems I've had over the last couple of years, trying to find a dependable foundation. Like probably 85% of makeup wearers, I was a mineral foundation user, continually, for years. No moisturizer, no sunscreen...none of that smart stuff. I just slapped on Minerals and thought all was good. Then I had my third baby, and my skin turned into a mixture of adolescence and menopause, and I'm relatively far from either (I hope). Three and a half years later, my skin still ain't what it used to be, and I guess I have only aging to blame. And the fact that for the majority of my life it was generally understood that sunscreen was for people who got sun-burned, not sun- tanned. (Anyone else remember having dark tanning "contests" with friends where you slathered yourself in baby oil and cooked yourself like a McDonald's French Fry? I used to win those contests...easily.) Even though I still have good skin, I feel like I have to be extra diligent with protection, because one of these days, my past self-BBQs are going to pay me back for damages.

The BE minerals I'd used for years and years suddenly seemed to magnify every pore on my face, and they refused to cover melasma and other sun damage. Plus, they seemed so SHINY. I tried "matte" BE, which was better on my pores and oils, but I couldn't find a good foundation color match, and it caused...ahem...lines around my eyes to show. After BE, I tried Youngblood, Jane Iredale, beingTrue, Aromaleigh, Colorescience Pro, etc. I had problems with all of these: shimmer, shine, unable to color-match, cakiness, etc. I started using Laura Geller's Baked Balance & Brighten Foundation - and it's absolutely fantastic - except it doesn't have sunscreen. My face HATES liquid sunscreen. Sunscreen beneath makeup always ruins my makeup.

I've been trying "long-wear" liquid foundations, but the best ones don't have proper sunscreen protection, so I thought maybe I could find minerals with spf to work as a "finishing" powder. Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish claims to be lighter, etc. than other minerals, and it's less costly (quite a bit in come cases) than many other brands, so I figured I'd give it a try. I'm in the general range of NC35, and I use Shade #4.

The mirrored "jar" compact for this makeup feels SO elegant, and it comes with a pretty, fluffy little puff that actually works quite well. (I usually use a kabuki for application, though). I don't even put the jar in my makeup bag, because I don't want it all scratched up. It feels "fancy", the way my Mom's makeup felt to me as a kid. The "grinder" in the compact is pure genius - there is absolutely no mess with these minerals. Grinding them before application makes them seem completely fresh, and pure. They feel light as air, and they are so fine you can't see them on skin! They're SPF 20 PA++, and they have NO glitter or shine! Plus - they don't fall into lines. They make my skin look even and smooth and they control oil beautifully. If I want really "full" coverage, I use them as setting powder rather than a stand-alone foundation, and they're beautiful either way. Also, there's no "itch" at all, like I get with many other mineral foundations; especially "matte" formulas. Pure Finish's formulation is extremely gentle, and I like that it has added antioxidants.

EDIT: I've removed a lippie because I used this up faster than any other mineral or loose powder I've ever used. I will likely repurchase, because this is great stuff, but I'm disappointed that it's been used up already. And when it's gone, it's gone. There's nothing left to scrape, and no leftover dust. Maybe I haven't mastered the shaving technique.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Got this along with the tinted moisturiser and used together and it gave me such a glowing complexion.

Used it to death and have run out, waiting for my mum to get me more for my birthday!

I used the palest one and it gave me an excellent glow and the brush is fab. I don't think it's strong enough to cover major imperfections, but it toned down my freckles and red patches so I still looked human and not a tangerine.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good foundation, it provides light coverage which makes it good for everyday use and those with skin that just needs a little bit of extra help, you can get a bit of a medium coverage but it's not that buildable, I find it looks a bit unnatural if you put too much on. I've used it for ove a year and it hasn't caused me any breakouts, my skin is combination and it definitely keeps the shine away for hours. I don't think it makes faces look flat, it's a matte powder but the look is very natural and glowy, the powder is very fine. I originally used a really bad brush with it and once I swapped over to the body shop mineral powder brush the difference was amazing, you definitely need a good brush for powder make up. It is a long lasting foundation if you don't sweat too much, otherwise I find most of it disappears after about ten hours. The only thing I don't like is the puff it comes with which is useless and the fact that it's alost impossible to get the last of it out when you're at the end.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I acquired this when my friend was accidently given the wrong shade (02) at duty-free as she is very ivory-pale and I'm a touch darker this shade suits me perfectly. The coverage is good, though it does need touching up through the day, I've found it perfect everyday light-coverage foundation but I've had to stop using it this winter as it leaves my skin feeling too dry. The packaging is really wasteful and its a shame they don't do refills, also the puff that comes with it just absorbs all the powder and doesn't deposit any on your face, so you'll need a seperate brush for it. I have friends who love this product and use it every day, I'm still undecided as to whether I'd buy it again, but probably not.

I'm on the fence for this one. It's pretty long lasting, yes. But it fails to provide the medium to high coverage that it so claims. Of course I wasn't expecting high coverage from a mineral powder foundation but at best, it provides a sheer coverage. It's best used as a setting powder -such a pity because it's meant to be a foundation!- or over tinted moisturiser to get higher coverage. Oil control wise, it does keep the oillies at bay for a little while (maybe 3-4 hours in humid weather?) and after that I don't have anymore foundation left on the oilier areas. There was so much hype about this and I was rather disappointed. However, I do love the flawless finish it provides, despite the lack of coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this as a slightly less expensive alternative to Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. This is no match in terms of coverage, especially covering redness. I now only use this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Not really what I was looking for and the MA sold me the wrong shade, so if I want more coverage I look too orange. I put "No" for would I repurchase, but I may try it out again in a better shade next time. I love the brush though, which I think is why I bought it in the first place.