April 25, 2014 | 928 users online

Powder - Elizabeth Arden - Pure Finish Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation, it provides light coverage which makes it good for everyday use and those with skin that just needs a little bit of extra help, you can get a bit of a medium coverage but it's not that buildable, I find it looks a bit unnatural if you put too much on. I've used it for ove a year and it hasn't caused me any breakouts, my skin is combination and it definitely keeps the shine away for hours. I don't think it makes faces look flat, it's a matte powder but the look is very natural and glowy, the powder is very fine. I originally used a really bad brush with it and once I swapped over to the body shop mineral powder brush the difference was amazing, you definitely need a good brush for powder make up. It is a long lasting foundation if you don't sweat too much, otherwise I find most of it disappears after about ten hours. The only thing I don't like is the puff it comes with which is useless and the fact that it's alost impossible to get the last of it out when you're at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 11:03:00 AM More reviews by silentboo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I acquired this when my friend was accidently given the wrong shade (02) at duty-free as she is very ivory-pale and I'm a touch darker this shade suits me perfectly. The coverage is good, though it does need touching up through the day, I've found it perfect everyday light-coverage foundation but I've had to stop using it this winter as it leaves my skin feeling too dry. The packaging is really wasteful and its a shame they don't do refills, also the puff that comes with it just absorbs all the powder and doesn't deposit any on your face, so you'll need a seperate brush for it. I have friends who love this product and use it every day, I'm still undecided as to whether I'd buy it again, but probably not.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by leaveitblank

I'm on the fence for this one. It's pretty long lasting, yes. But it fails to provide the medium to high coverage that it so claims. Of course I wasn't expecting high coverage from a mineral powder foundation but at best, it provides a sheer coverage. It's best used as a setting powder -such a pity because it's meant to be a foundation!- or over tinted moisturiser to get higher coverage. Oil control wise, it does keep the oillies at bay for a little while (maybe 3-4 hours in humid weather?) and after that I don't have anymore foundation left on the oilier areas. There was so much hype about this and I was rather disappointed. However, I do love the flawless finish it provides, despite the lack of coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by buuuuu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a slightly less expensive alternative to Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. This is no match in terms of coverage, especially covering redness. I now only use this as a finishing powder over liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 1:54:00 AM More reviews by jay4jazz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not really what I was looking for and the MA sold me the wrong shade, so if I want more coverage I look too orange. I put "No" for would I repurchase, but I may try it out again in a better shade next time. I love the brush though, which I think is why I bought it in the first place.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by nicole33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really don't get the raves for this at all. I used it 3 days in a row and it's going back for a return. The brush on the other hand is awesome.

Here are my pros & cons.

PRO
02 was a good colour match
Didn't settle into any lines at all
Not chalky
My poors looked smaller
The packaging is nice
No reaction

CON
My face just looked flat with this foundation. My skin just looked dull and I look awful. It's hard to put into words but I look worse with the makeup on then when I'm not wearing any and my skin is not exactly great (broken capilaries, blemishes, ruddiness)
Even though it was a good match I look pale
Barely any coverage. I had to use a lot in order to get any coverage
No real lasting power
For some reason whatever blush I put on top (cream or powder) it looked too dark and didn't blend nicely
Even though you turn the dial on the package, the powder still gets on my clothes when I swirl it onto my face and a bit did come out of the pan and onto my counter so it's not perfect.

This is just too expensive for something that just doesn't look that great. I'm sticking with my FACES mineral powder even if the colour isn't a great match.
My skin

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by cproffitt

I'm onto my second compact of this stuff. I never used to wear foundation daily because I hate the feeling of it on my face, but you can't feel this stuff on at all! The coverage is quite light and sheer (which I like), and it gives good oil control for my oily/combo skin. I love the grinder and the sturdy compact - way less waste and mess than usual for powder compacts.

The puff it comes with is not so great, but I always apply with a fold away kabuki brush and it's fine. Only takes a few seconds to sweep onto the face for a lovely soft-focus effect that lasts all day! I would only need to touch up if I'm going out later that evening. I will never go back to liquid foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by CGE83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this foundation for people who are looking for a mineral powder with light to medium coverage. It's got a reasonable range of shades to choose from and unlike some other mineral foundations, doesn't result in a streaky mess from sweat (mine has survived visits to the gym). You're supposed to be able to build up the coverage from this foundation but I personally haven't tried this as I usually just use it to set the liquid foundation that I normally wear.

The grinder is a really neat, mess-free way of getting just the right amount of foundation you want to use. I haven't tried to apply this foundation with the puff that comes as part of the package (and probably won't bother) but it blends beautifully with the foundation brush that AE pairs with this (it is a separate purchase from the foundation).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by skysweetener

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been a liquid foundation girl all my life. The idea of using powder foundations makes me think of dry, cakey, flat and low staying power. The day came when I wanted to switch up my liquid foundation as I was breaking out badly. I've done a lot of research on this product and although I wanted a "healthier" alternative for my skin, I was skeptical to change to mineral make up because I needed coverage and even the Elizabeth Arden SA agrees with me. Nonetheless, I really wanted to see what was this new hype all about and I had her apply a layer on my skin (already with makeup) and I took a walk around the store while I waited for the product to settle in. When I look into the mirror 15 minutes later, I couldn't believe my eyes! My skin looks very pretty with a soft luminous glow, almost surreal. I thought it was the lighting creating the illusion and I had to walk to different mirrors to prove I wasn't seeing things! Indeed I wasn't. I went back to the SA and purchased 1 in 02 immediately. The next day, I applied it with my Everyday Minerals Flat Top Kabuki as I didn't want to invest on their brushes yet, and it still worked out great. The powder went on my skin like butter and leaves it looking like it's glowing from within. Coverage wise, it's light to medium at most, depending on how much you layer. I had to apply a tinted primer and concealer before I finish off with a layer of this in order to create the perfect finish. I love how it stays on and makes my skin look better throughout the day, and it doesn't dry out my skin or show flakiness like some oil control foundation does. With most foundations, I would dread looking myself in the mirror at the end of the day or touch up without looking blotchy and cakey. But this product looks as good and fresh as it did in the morning. And when I do touch up if I'm going out in the evening after work, it doesn't cake at all. I'm impressed! Oil control is decent. While I do have to blot 2 to 3 times a day with tissue, the makeup doesn't transfer much (this tells you something about it's staying power). Packaging is excellent, very fuss free and easy to use. Although it's a little steep price wise, you really are paying for superb quality. But if Elizabeth Arden could come up with a refill, that would be icing on the cake. I have been using it for a month now and I'm absolutely loving and enjoying the product. This doesn't make my breakout worse, and while giving my skin "room to breathe", it has improved a lot in the past month. I'm literally left with acne scars which I can cover up very easily. I'm very sure I'll be sticking with this for a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried three different shades trying to get the one which would work for me. I finally gave up. This product is really nice though, just didn't seem to work for me. The coverage was fine, but I don't really need to cover much. The lasting power seemed pretty good, I just could not find a color that looked right.

I really like the packaging and the no mess grinder. I kept the brush that is to be used with it (purchased separately) as it is a GREAT brush. I use it to add bronzer on top of my current foundation.