December 20, 2014 | 1084 users online

Eyeliner - Revlon - ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by kcheverie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I first took this out of the package I was very disappointed.. it barely made a grey line. I read a few comments about it online that mentioned storing it tip-down for a few days, so that's what I did. It makes a HUGE difference. Now it's very easy to do a cat eye, it goes on nice and black (maybe not "BLACKEST black" like the name says, but black enough), and when I use it along with Revlone Photoready eye primer, it doesn't migrate up to my browbone when I blink with my hooded eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kirito

I really wanted to try a liquid liner in a pen form, so this was the one I first purchased, since I heard about some of my favorite YouTubers talk about it. The pen tip isn't very precise, but that wasn't a problem for me since I like thick eyeliner.

My main problems with this product was the fact that the liner was not opaque at all (it honestly looked like a felt tip marker that drew on my eyeliner), and the lasting power is terrible. I would have to go over the line so many times in order to make it somewhat opaque. I tend to get watery eyes often, and when that would happen, the liner came right off. I don't know if this was meant to be a waterproof formula or not, but I just hated this eyeliner. I would not recommend this to anyone.

If you're looking for a super opaque, long-lasting, and precise liquid eyeliner in a pen form, go for the Dolly Wink one. It's expensive, but nothing can compare to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by MassacrPrincess

I have bought this multiple times now! It is the product I swear on, liquid eyeliner wise. I bought a few eyeliners from Lise Watier for $25 each and I have to admit I love the revlon one ALOT better, especially for $10 it is Overall a great product, I got the black and it is absolutely great, use it for months until I feel I need it replaced. Lasts long if used over eye shadow if not, to add an extra 4 hours wear a concealer on the eye lid.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by darknights

Seriously so many people have told me that a felt tip pen is easier to use then gel or pencil eyeliner but if you don't have the most steady hand in the world you will no doubt get your eye poked. The tip is way to tough and doesn't glide resulting in tugging or placing your hand in awkward positions to get a wing. I don't have mono-lids but my lids are very close hence resulting in smearing from the formula, but only when I don't let it dry all the way. Idk these sorta smell like sharpie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by keribieds

I bought this product after reading several wonderful reviews on it, and it is a nice eyeliner pen MAYBE for beginners, but I wasn't completely pleased with it. First of all, the pigment. I tried a little bit of my hand first to see what the color looked like and it looked like a very light black (and when I say light black, I mean it looked almost like a transparent black? If that makes any sense.) I was hoping the pigment of the black would be a lot darker, but I find that if you go over it once or twice with the eyeliner pen, it adds definition to the color. I'm a cat-eye girl and I'm not ashamed to admit it, and I found that the actual applicator on the pen is very steady which helped me in the winging process, which is the only good thing I've found about this product so far. And I've had this eyeliner for a while now, and it still hasn't gotten dry or flaky, and it does stay on quite nicely. All in all, I've used better eyeliners, but I wouldn't throw this one out because it is still somewhat useful.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 5:40:00 AM More reviews by FionaChan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I know it doesn't say waterproof, but what I didn't expect was for the eyeliner to come off when my eyes get teary (which happens very often). Gosh I was sooooo disappointed. Thankfully I was still at my friend's house before my night out, otherwise it would get embarrassing. I would imagine it to not able to withstand sweat too.

Also, when I removed it, I feel like there were still traces of the eyeliner, or a hint of it at least. Aka couldn't remove it completely. It gave me stronger panda eyes wtf (because my dark circles are already dark).

The pen is also not easy to use, for me at least. It took me a while to draw on the eyeliner, and the cat wing. I even had to thicken my eyeliner due to the mistakes I've made. D: Maybe I'm just used to more flexible style of liquid penliner.

Anyway, I want to return this eyeliner but I'm not sure that I can. BUT I HOPE I CAN. This is not something we practice in my country, I think. I don't think I will even use this again, as it can't even withstand my tears, so I hope my money don't go completely wasted.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not my favorite liner. My favorite is the L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense. However, this is not bad for when you want a softer black (or brown) look. If you are shy about using liquid liners, new to liquid liners, or just learning to master winged liner, this may be a good one to start with because it's a pen. You don't have to think about how much product is too much or not enough when applying and you don't have to worry so much about applying with too light of a hand or too heavy of a hand. If you can use a marker, you can use this. That's one of the things that's great about it. Super easy to use. I find that it's not quite as pigmented as I prefer and they don't seem to last too long before drying out and needing to be replaced. The one downside to the L'Oreal that I use it that it is a little glossy even when dry, and not every eye look I create is complimented by that shine. So I decided to try this for more of a matte look without having to add black shadow, which can over-soften the line if that's not a look that you are going for. I also like that this comes in a blackened-brown shade for more low-key or natural looks, and that's mostly what I use it for. Something else I like about it is that it wears well. It doesn't crack or fade throughout the day and it stays put till you take it off at the end of the day. While it's not something that I use every single day, I like to keep it on hand because I do change up my shadow looks often and this is good to have when the look calls for it. I don't go through quite as many of these as I have my L'Oreal, but it's still a good product and I do repurchase it. It's definitely better than any of the other pen-style liners that I have tried. The applicator is very stiff though, so for someone new to liquid liner, I think this is a good thing because it allows for a lot of control. I have found since I have gotten better with winged liner, that I prefer something with a softer applicator to allow me to have more finesse. The only problem is, and the reason that I go back to this is, that this is better pigmented than some of the other pens with that softer applicator that I am looking for. It doesn't surpass the L'Oreal Carbon Black in pigmentation, but with the right application, you can get the desired effect with out the glossiness that the L'Oreal gives off, which again, is why I keep it around.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by bubblewrap831

I got this in the color black and I like it a lot. My friend highly recommended it and calls it her HG. But I was skeptical, because I have really oily lids and she doesn't.
PROS:
-Thin, precision felt tip...easy to use---it's like using a marker on your eye!
-long-lasting but can be taken off really easily with water
-doesn't smudge (I wore it all day without touching up)
-doesn't feel heavy on the eyes, because it seems to be water-based
-goes on shiny at first but then dries matte

CONS:
-fades throughout the day (but I like this better than flaking or smudging)
-isn't super opaque black, though you can go over the liner for an almost opaque look

Overall, the best no-fuss drugstore liquid liner I've tried. It retails for $8.99 at RiteAid, but I got it this week for 40% off and had a coupon for $1 from the Sunday ads.

I didn't give this full marks only because I just started using it. I won't get too overzealous just yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by meredithann0714

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this yesterday, after getting sick of my gel eyeliner getting clumpy and my Almay liquid eyeliner seeming too liquidy to get a precise line on my bottom lash line. I don't care about "wing" lines on my top lids - it's not a look for me - but I was definitely trying to find a highly pigmented liner (and that's going to be either gel or liquid) that would wear well and be easy to apply on the lower lash line. Of course, I just put it on this morning (about 3 1/2 hours ago), and so far, so good. It was VERY easy to apply, thanks to the super thin "magic marker" applicator. No gloppy mistakes to fix up (and that's just too easy to do when lining the lower lid!). I do, however, lightly line my lower lid first with the Revlon Colorstay regular eyeliner (mechanical pencil), and then go over it with this. I'll update this again after I've gotten thru a few long work days in the ultra humidity of Florida (breaks down a lot of other liners after 5-6 hours), to report on how it holds up. And hopefully this pen liner doesn't dry out too quickly!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by goldkey

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Truthfully the very worst eyeliner I have ever purchased. It simply doesn't work unless you try it on the palm of your hand or on a kleenex, etc. Water will quickly wash it off of your palm, if you try that. I have tried over and over and over to get it to work. Forget it. Glad I saved the receipt. It's going back today. I paid $7.72.