Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 8/22/2013 9:15:00 PM

I have been using this product for 7 days now twice a day. I found this cream wash to be very effective against under-skin acne and blocked pores. It's second ingredient is Glycolic Acid which has noticeably decreased pimples under my skin. I also use Clinique Lotion 3 with Salicylic acid afterwards and let me tell you my skin was never happier since I arrived to humid Australia (18 months ago). I will buy it again.

on 8/1/2013 1:52:00 AM

This along with Mary Kay's cleanser are the only cleansers that actually work for my skin! I don't have severe acne problems but I can DEFINITELY see a difference in my skin if I stop using this. This helps reduce any redness of an oncoming pimple I may get and it leaves my skin feeling nice and fresh after I wash it off. When putting it on it doesn't feel like much is happening but i can see the improvement of my skin in the morning :) for curiosity's sake I tried out a few other cleansers but none of them did anything for my skin like this one did.

on 6/30/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I'm one of those "I've tried everything" people from one end of the spectrum (drugstore "$" brands--Noxema, Biore, Clean & Clear, AcneFree, drugstore knockoff brands, etc--to the more expensive "$$$$" products/product lines you can buy from Macy's, Nordstrom's, Sephora, etc, and even various Rx's--oral meds AND Acutane...) but I've regularly repurchased this Stress Control Cream Wash from Neutrogena for about a year now. I've also tried the Oil-Free Stress Control Scrub but for some reason it wasn't as effective as the Cream Wash.

Immediate results:
+ existing acne = less noticeable
+ less shine throughout the day (partially accredited to Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer, although less shine is also noticeable when I wear no makeup at all)
+ no noticeable redness or irritation
+/- minimal to moderate drying (completely bearable with use of a moisturizer)

Long-term results:
+/- same "tolerable" drying feel; not recommended for those with overly dry skin (mine is rather oily)
+ virtually eliminated acne (treats and prevents!); what remains is far less noticeable than ever before (again, I can actually leave the house on errands without doing my whole makeup routine)
+ has remained effective in the long-term
- not effective for makeup removal... In fact, I avoid the eye area all together and instead use after removing makeup with my other favorite-product-of-all-time: Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser

I'm not saying this product will work the same for everyone, but after a decade of struggling with acne and never seeing results that were half as encouraging as these, this product remains on my HG list.

on 6/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I really do like this stuff. I has a minty feeling and a great smell. If you use it consistently for a couple of weeks, you will start to see a difference. You can't really go wrong on anything from Neutrogena. Plus, this product is so cheap that it's not too big of a loss if it doesn't work out for you.

on 6/27/2013 3:18:00 PM

Love this! Has a tingly feeling on newly erupted breakouts and feels cool and fresh i use it in the shower every night

I've been using this for years. It feels great on the skin, smells great and really makes my skin feel and look great. Recently repurchased and got my boyfriend addicted to it as well.

on 5/21/2013 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am recovering from half a year of severe acne (on medication for it now) so I picked up this cleanser and left it in my shower so I could use it every time I washed myself. I lather it all over my face (avoiding my eyes), do something else like wash my hair, then come back and wash off the cleanser. About 15-30 seconds after application, this cleanser will start to feel "cool" and tingling. It's probably a gimmick, but I don't mind because it's a fun feeling. I THINK the acid in this product is working when I feel it burning on newly popped acne, although most of the time, it applies painlessly.

I haven't noticed any vast improvements to my acne, but I do notice that my skin is soft and clean after using this product. Overall, it's a pretty good cleanser. I'm not sure if it does what it claims (prevents acne) but I don't see my acne getting any WORSE while using this product, so I guess I can't complain.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this stuff works great i snuck a use of my cousins and it cleared the few zits i had on my face . i then purchased it and now i basically always have a clear clean face c:

Eyes: Violet

this is such a good product i really can't say it enough it cleared most of my acne i use it with the 3 in 1 hydrating treatment and the triple action toner and they have work miracles i love it!

on 3/24/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

Update - always looking for new ways to use the products. Yesterday and today, I put the cream all over, massaged it in and left it for 3 minutes. I was tingly and felt great, then I put a little tea tree oil cleanser on my mia and cleaned my face. Pat dry and applied Aczone. I don't know if that's the trick but I've noticed the shine has not come up and it's been 30 mins. For me, that's a record. The redness of my blemishes is also diminished.

Use time before review - 1 week

I wanted a non foaming cleanser to use with my Mia2. This was on sale for $7 at SDM. Considering the size of the tube, this was a great deal. I also like the 2% SA content.

It's not quite what I expected because it doesn't wash off as cleanly as I'd like. Maybe it's the moisturizing element but I don't really like it. It also leaves traces of makeup behind.

I do like the product though and have amended my original intended use.

What I do now in the PM, is to continue to use the Mia2 with a Dr. B soap (tea tree or pepermint) or Phisoderm, rinse, apply the Power Cream Wash and masssage it in, leave for a minute, rinse, then use my hands for another go round with Dr. B to get rid of the residue.

I'm not ruling it out of my arsenal forever when it's done, but I would try other things before deciding on the re-buy which is why I gave it a "yes" to the re-buy question.