MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 5/5/2015 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I first used MAC Studio Finish Concealer in 2007-2008. At the time my color was NC50 or so I thought. NC50 seems to be the color every Chocolate Woman wears from MAC. Anyway .. I didn't like the yellowish undertone it gave my skin. It was Too yellow & at the time it left me looking very oily after a few hours .. Now today is a different story. I've found the perfect color match for my complexion ( NW40 Under eye & highlight, NW45 color correction for blemishes & discoloration due to its orange/pinkish undertone & NW50 for skin color match ). Amazing results when all three shades are blended with a damp Beauty Blender & set wit MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural ( Deepest Dark ). My Makeup lasts all day, it does not oxidize to a darker shade or leaves me looking grayish or ashy. It's gives AMAZING results when you find the right color match & application technique. Now I will say it may come off a bit yellowish in pictures due to the SPF, but it depends on the lighting as well. But overall I haven't had any major issues when it came to taking selfies lol .. When my skin gets oily an Oil Absorbing Blotting sheet ( preferably E.L.F ) gets the job done. No need for touch ups unless it's truly a hot day. And living in Fl it's always hot but my makeup never melts :-D

on 5/1/2015 1:32:00 AM

I love this concealer so much! it is the only concealer I use! I don't think it is recommended to put under the eyes, since it is such a thick consistency, but I love using it under my eyes to get rid of discolouration and dark circles. It doesn't crease on me like other concealers. I also love using this on any imperfections/blemishes because it covers them like magic and makes my skin look flawless! As I said, it is a super thick consistency, so it really covers anything and everything so effortlessly! It blends like a dream, too! I can't live without this!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

holy crap this is officially the best concealer i have ever used for under eye darkness and circles!!

I wish this didnt settle in lines and I wish it stayed put all day but it doesnt im using it but still on the hunt for a better concealer the best thing about this concealer is the cute lil packaging and the fact that you can use the entire product unlike the mac concealer in the glass bottle but other than that I think I may try the boing concealer next.

on 4/20/2015 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I don't really have a lot of blemishes, I've never had acne or anything like that. However I do use this to define my brows and sometimes on the corners of my mouth which is a tad darker than the rest of my face. it's great that it has spf because I live in a very hot region. It stays put and it's creamy but not so much that it makes a mess. It's easy to blend.

on 4/16/2015 3:27:00 AM

This is a great product because it works. It conceals very well and STAYS. The consistency is thin and liquidy but coverage is a 4.5/5 without the heaviness, creamy cakey exture (NONE of that at all.)

This is one of the most LONG LASTING STAY PUT concealer I will ever find.
And I have a VERY oily skin. This is the best concealer for oily gals. It's ideal for scars, acne scars.

As far as undereye concealer, it's not a fail but it's not a win either. This isn't the "best" for undereye but it CAN be, it'll bring out your lines and it will look very dry.

Overall, an 8.9/10 concealer! One of the products I continue to purchase!

on 4/1/2015 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has been my HG concealer for almost a decade! I've tried to use other concealers but this one has the best coverage by far! I wear NC42 and the best way to apply it is to warm it up a bit with your finger before you conceal. Be careful underneath your eyes, make sure you have hydrated under your eyes because this can sit in lines. Work your way up from under any bags or puffiness. I find this gives a smooth airbrush finish & since I have some acne scars this covers them perfectly! Price wise its worth it because of how little you need. I would definitely recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Holy grail concealer! it covers great. I like the consistency but it does melt a bit in hot temperatures. It is worth the money because I've had it for over six months and I use it everyday and it doesn't even look like there's much of a dent in it.

on 3/18/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's great to keep in your purse for days where you just want to conceal minor scars but whenever I try to include it in my whole makeup routine, it's easily removed when applying foundation or powder on top.

on 2/23/2015 9:35:00 PM

I have this concealer in NC15, which is by far the best match for my skin tone in all products I own. The consistency is creamy but thick, and the coverage is medium to heavy. Durability through the day is good, I usually don't need reapplication for that day. Packaging is great, I've had it fall MULTIPLE times, and the worst that has happened to it was having the plastic window fall off, but I just clicked it on again in its place, and no problem!
When I bought it I thought it was kind of pricy, but I bought mine almost 4 YEARS ago, and there's still plenty in there, so it really pays off. Will definetely re-purchase when I do run out.