MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Holy grail concealer! it covers great. I like the consistency but it does melt a bit in hot temperatures. It is worth the money because I've had it for over six months and I use it everyday and it doesn't even look like there's much of a dent in it.

on 3/18/2015 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's great to keep in your purse for days where you just want to conceal minor scars but whenever I try to include it in my whole makeup routine, it's easily removed when applying foundation or powder on top.

on 2/23/2015 9:35:00 PM

I have this concealer in NC15, which is by far the best match for my skin tone in all products I own. The consistency is creamy but thick, and the coverage is medium to heavy. Durability through the day is good, I usually don't need reapplication for that day. Packaging is great, I've had it fall MULTIPLE times, and the worst that has happened to it was having the plastic window fall off, but I just clicked it on again in its place, and no problem!
When I bought it I thought it was kind of pricy, but I bought mine almost 4 YEARS ago, and there's still plenty in there, so it really pays off. Will definetely re-purchase when I do run out.

on 2/21/2015 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

too cakey for me. too heavy and doesnt really blend at all. i dont know if its my face or this type of concealer. i would not buy again.

on 2/21/2015 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Too cakey if in honest would be good for photographic makeup such as shoots or even at weddings etc but not for everyday. It is really harsh on your skin

on 2/15/2015 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have the NW25 and NC30 duo which is a wonderful match when mixed together, but also use both separately on different area. I have a whole face of stuff to conceal, from melasma to scarring and the odd blemish. Sadly this just isn't enough for me.

It's by no means a bad concealer, but I'd call it medium to med-full coverage and the longevity just doesn't hold up to a full day that I need it to. I've used it underneath and on top of powders, cream and liquid foundation, and colour correctors. It doesn't ball up with any of them but despite being a creamy formula it's stiff and requires buffing and layering. And more buffing. Still it insists on settling into fine lines under the eyes. It doesn't have a thick enough texture to mask bumpy blemishes and fades over melasma too quickly. For that work I need it to hold up on at least one front.

Don't let my views deter you from trying it though. I have serious cover up needs and heavy duty is a must. I think it's elegant and versatile, it just doesn't meet my demanding requirements.

on 2/12/2015 6:29:00 AM

Brilliant concealer, great for putting under and above the eyebrows to define them more, lasted me a year and I am a make up fanatic, just purchased a new one online and am excited for my next year of use age

on 2/4/2015 12:06:00 AM

I have used this concealer since I was 14, and I am turning 23 now. Obviously, a lot of incentive to repurchase over and over -- think I'm on pot #5 now? 6?

If you like a THICK, hard to remove concealer, I think this is for you. It says waterproof, and while I would not go swimming with this on, it definitely does live up to its statement. It is very hard to remove unless you are using the right cleanser and makeup remover -- and I don't mean to just remove it from the surface, I mean to really remove it from the skin.

I started to wear it as an overall face concealer, blending it into my skin in place of a foundation. I never caked it or layered it thick, but it broke me out for 6 months solid and I just could not figure out why I was breaking out. I never realized it was this product, as I had been using it for years before then.

If you use this around your eyes, like I do (but this is the last pot I will own of it; time to move on I think!), you should ensure your eyes are very well moisturized. Blending it will be a challenge if you use a brush. It is hard to blend in and you do a lot of tugging around your eye area. Maybe try warming it up with your fingers.

It is really quite thick, so if that is what you are going for, rock it.

But not if you have dry skin -- I have very oily skin and this made my skin dry in patches.

on 2/2/2015 2:18:00 PM

I was loyal to The Body Shop concealer for years before since I was in University... then I try to buy this on NC35 together when I bought my Mineralize mouisture spf 15 foundation NC42... This is the BEST concealer ever!!!! well i might need to buy a new one with brighter colour as my skin is getting back to its normal tone (I bought thia NC35 after I had few days of sun bathing)

on 2/1/2015 1:47:00 PM

I've been using a pot of this in NW20 as the core ingredient in my makeup routine for 4 to 5 years now. I have had (though it's improved quite a bit with peel products), a lot of hyperpigmentation from acne breakouts. The marks proved so difficult to cover with all of the makeup that I tried.

So years ago I went to MAC with a bare face (not fun, let me tell you) and asked them to color match a concealer to me. After going through many shades, they found that NW20 did the best job of matching to my underlying skin tone and covering up the acne marks. I was actually amazed at just how much it seemed to erase the redness.

Now I use this right after my morning moisturizer to conceal any old marks or active blemishes. I use a MAC concealer brush and try to go in light layers to build up the coverage rather than a heavy layer all at once. I then buff on Bare Minerals in Light. If the buffing reveals some marks that need more coverage, I'll go back over with another few dabs of the NW20 concealer. Then buff again to smooth the texture with the rest of my face.

I think this is an almost perfect product with just a few exceptions. The longer you have the product, the more it seems to dry out. Because the product lasts so long, that can be a bit annoying. I tend to buy more of the product when there is still a decent amount left just because I want a fresh, more moist pot. And as others have mentioned, the consistency is heavy so this tends to crease when it gets under my eyes or around my laugh lines. It also shows off dry patches when I'm battling a particularly nasty blemish or when the weather turns surprisingly dry and cold. A little press of my finger tip on those areas or even a small dab of moisturizer worked in usually solves the problem. But after 8 hours of work where I don't have time to do those types of things, I can sometimes look a bit rough if I haven't touched up my makeup. Nevertheless, the coverage from a color standpoint has infinite staying power. And that's what I care most about.

Top Rated MAC Products