MAC Studio Finish Concealer

3.9

on 1/18/2015 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dry skin and if I don't moisturize before applying this product I won't even consider using it. However it's very full coverage comes in a variety of shades and buildable for maximum coverage! I have acne scars from years ago that completely disappear when using this product! Will buy again. Only downfall is it's drying and creases

on 1/10/2015 4:40:00 PM

I have very dark under eye circles and I use NW25. Best concealer.

on 12/29/2014 12:01:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have pretty bad hyper pigmentation scars from picking at my zits, so I am left with annoying reddish brown little marks spattered all over my face :(
I am very self conscious about my scars so you better believe I tried a multitude of concealers out there, and so far, this has been the best I've ever tried!! I have it in NC30 and it is a near perfect match for my skin, I apply it with a very small pinpoint brush and then gently blend it out with my finger. It is very high coverage but I have to say it doesn't conceal my darker marks entirely the first time I blend it in (and I am careful about not trying to move the concealer with my fingers) so it takes a second layer to really cover the darkest marks up, but for small red marks it is so quick and easy to conceal, which I love. the spf 35 is also a big plus for me as it prevents those marks from getting any darker! The packaging is so cute and small, travel-friendly as well! love it, will definitely repurchase :)

on 12/18/2014 9:05:00 AM

Best concealer you'll ever have-
- Good, long lasting coverage
- They give you masses so you don't need to replace for a long time
- It's best for people that like to use thicker foundations
- It doesn't make your face look shiny provided that you pair it with the correct foundation for your skin
- It's perfect for covering up spots
- Best applied with a small concealer brush

on 12/8/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I can't seem to find a good color match with this concealer, but it's not a big deal since I use this as my "dark" concealer which I mix with my Tarte "light" concealer to get the perfect shade. The concealer can get pretty stiff and hard to blend in the pot, but I mostly dab it onto spots of hyperpigmentation and small blemishes so I don't need to blend too much. This stuff REALLY COVERS. I don't know how but it seems to deflect light in a way that bumps seem much smaller, but it also has a seamless finish that melts into my skin (that takes about 30 minutes or so after initial makeup application). I also like that it has a high SPF since I mostly use it to cover dark spots. I will repurchase -but maybe next time I'll look harder for a better color match.

on 12/8/2014 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
-very good coverage,
-you get a lot for the price(I know I know, just 7g but I use it only on blemishes, not under eyes so I don't use a lot) ,
-many shades to choose from
-spf35 is a bonus (while you don't put it all over your face)
-doesn't seem to have fragrance
Cons:
-price- If you have a lot to cover
-you will probably need some applicator

on 12/5/2014 1:30:00 PM

I'm pretty neutral toward this concealer. I don't tend to reach for it very often. Maybe once a week at the most. It's very thick and can be difficult to blend if it's not warm enough. It can also be difficult to blend while maintaining the level of coverage you want from it. It's ok, but I can't see myself repurchasing this in the future.

on 11/26/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

NOTE: This review is for those who have certain areas of their skin such as de-pigmentation they want to cover up.

I have a skin pigmentation on my forehead called Vitiligo. Basically, at the top of my forehead lies a circular white spot (varies for others) that that is drastically different from the rest of my skin (I'm around a medium toned gal). My case is very mild.

Having had front bangs all my life, I wanted to try something new, so, after some consultation with some nice MAC ladies, they introduced to this concealer. I bought NC30.

The studio finish concealer is thick, and to use this with the purpose of covering a de-pigmented area on my skin, I think it does it's job of concealing wonderfully. Is it thick enough to cover with a few dabs? No. It's a bit of a process; I first conceal the area in one round, and set it with a powder (I use MAC's CC Prep+Prime), and then I do those two steps a second time. Depending on how well I concealed my spot and evening it out with the rest of my skin colour, I'll do the steps again until I achieve a desired result.

Would I use it as a regular concealer for my blemishes, acne spots and eye bags? Heck no, way too expensive. However, I'm pleased with the purchase nevertheless and because I did what I wanted it to.

The only reason why I wouldn't buy this again is because I'm not going to be covering this area every day, but only when I want to.

on 11/10/2014 10:32:00 PM

- Am I the only one that doesn't get good staying power from this concealer!? - The Coverage is great, but it fades SO quickly, even with setting power. I'm talking about 2 or 3 hours, and its almost gone! Also since it is so waxy, its hard to keep the coverage without blending away the concealer. Very disappointed with all the MAC concealers except for Pro long wear.

on 11/9/2014 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I absolutely adore this concealer! Purchased this around two months ago (shade nc45) the hopes of finding a product which would reduce the appearance of lines in my under eyes. It did this and more! Prior to using this, I'd use at least two concealer just to counteract the darkness of my circles but now I can use this on its own and be completely comfortable. I've been using this everyday for 5 months straight and I haven't even hit pan, love this stuff!