July 24, 2014 | 1831 users online

Sunscreen - Cetaphil - UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by msdharkainjel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i dont really like this product.. this product made my face very greasy when i applied it ...and when you wash it.. my skin became rough and dry... but the good thing about this product is that u wont break out.. so i switched to cetaphil's moisturizing cream and its way better than this.. !

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sellabella

Great premise, bad product. Love Cetaphil products but this one was greasy and made me break out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by snailmail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

3 months ago I started using retinaldehyde skincare which meant that a SPF30+ sunscreen is essential as part of my daily routine. I use this over Niacinamide in the morning and under my foundation. For young women, this is going to be too thick and greasy. It definitely leaves a white cast. I will give this review based on what I use it for. My skincare routine consists of a product containing beta hydroxy acids, followed by retinaldehyde at night. In the morning, I use niacinamide, followed by the Cetaphil SPF50 sunscreen. Initially it was recommended that I use a zinc sunscreen by my doctor, but zinc is a bitch to wash off, so I was looking for a good alternative. This is where Cetaphil comes in. I also wanted something a bit moisturising as niacinamide in the morning leaves the skin fairly matte and isn't the best base for foundation. I use it sparingly. You do not need to slather it on and if you apply just a small dollop, you will avoid it being so greasy. The size of a pea is enough to do your face. I also use it on my neck and chest region which keeps these areas beautifully moisturised throughout the day. I haven't had any reactions to it so far and really don't expect to, as this range is designed for sensitive skin types.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by rite2coz

I have started to use this about a year ago when i was diagnosed with rosacea. My derm told me that I have to use sunscreen daily, and she recommended me to use this. I like the texture of it, and yes it make your face white, but that is what l like about it since my face is red with rosacea. And I like it that is a pump container. I have luck with it for over the year until I had a crazy break out (from unknown reason), and my doc asked me to use steroid cream. It did at first cleared my break outs, but after using it for a month, it worsen my rosacea, even I only use it only on the spot where I had my break outs. Later i searched online and found something called "steroid induced rosacea". Ever since my skin become more sensitive, and whatever i've been using daily on my face either no longer works, and/or react to it. This moisturizer is one of them that irritated my skin a bit, I feel itchy and red. Not just this, I had to change my entire skin products that I'm using. I starting to use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, and Lotion, so far so good. And I find a replacement sunscreen to Eucerin SPF 30 for sensitive skin. I find it better than Cetaphil, is very light and blend into my face fast. I'm happy with Eucerin now, and don't think will ever come back to Cetaphil again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by esmeralda1977

I put it on in the morning after - I had run out of my L'occitane Immortelle SPF 40 Lotion which is really expensive - and it seemed to be fine. Unfortunately, in the evening, my forehead reacted with little red bumps and on my chin there was a pimple and during the day my face was extremely shiny, especially around my nose. wouldn't describe my skin as sensitive, so beware if you are acne prone or sensitive!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

OMG...gag me! If I'm not mistaken, this says "moisturizer" on the bottle. How misleading. I applied this to my skin, it was super greasy, but I wanted to give it a few minutes to "soak in"...an hour later and I was still just as greasy as when I applied it. Not my cup of tea...and ESPECIALLY not for 12 dollars. Pass!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:02:00 PM More reviews by PinkMademoiselle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For my dry, sensitive skin, this is the best I can get in terms of protection and moisture. Most sunscreens dehydrate my skin, but this one actually moisturizes all day. I feel extremely protected when I wear this and have not gotten sunburned or freckled since I started using it. I live in California, so I spend lots of time in direct sunlight.

If you're looking for a matte sunscreen this is not the product for you. I'm not at all surprised that this product gets such poor reviews because it really is on the greasy side and I'm pretty sure it would make normal to oily skin look like an oil slick by midmorning.

My dry skin, however needs the extra oil and most of it gets absorbed quite well, leaving me with a healthy dewy glow, which I frequently get complimented on. This really works well as a moisturizer/sunscreen under my mineral makeup. Surprisingly I have not broken out from it, although I do use a retinoid daily so that helps prevent my pores from becoming clogged. This sunscreen also seems to keep the moisture balance in check and does not sting or irritate my sensitive skin. I have repurchased it three times and will continue to do so, since I have yet to find anyting better that fits my budget.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by doubletheduck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's really greasy, despite the fact that it's labelled "non-greasy". Plus, it leaves your face white and takes a lot to rub in. Your face feels caked once you wear this. And it's so damn expensive. -.- The pump is convenient though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by yoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this SPF 50 moisturizer product off and on for two years now, alternating with the Neutrogena SPF 45 product. I purchased my tubes from Costco for $8-14/ea for 50mL/1.7oz.

I use this Cetaphil product after cleansing during mornings. It is a bit thick and viscous out of the squeeze tube, but once you spread it over your face, it absorbs quite readily. I have/had oily combination skin and use BB cream (and occasionally primer) on top of this product, and they pair remarkably well. If I ever do sense oiliness, it's due to the BB cream or other products not properly performing their duties, as I can go day-long without oil control issues.

Others have noted something about a gray overcast with regards to skin tone, but I've found the Cetaphil absorbs pretty quickly, although during the immediately application it appears somewhat thick/heavy. For reference, I'm an NC20-25 and never had issues with skin tone issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by glomendoza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this broke me out after a day, ONE DAY, ugh. will never repurchse waste of money!