Cetaphil UVA/UVB Defense Facial Moisturizer SPF 50

2.8

Ingredients: Medicinal ingredients % w/w: octinoxate 7.5%, octocrylene 7%, oxybenzone 6%, titanium dioxide 5.7%, octisalate 5% Non-medicinal ingredients: purified water, glycerin, propylene glycol, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, vinylpirolidone/eicosene copolymer, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate (and / et) PEG-100 stearate, potassium cetyl phosphate, phenoxyethanol, aluminum hydroxide, triethanolamine, dimethiconol, methylparaben, chlorphenesin, cetyl alcohol, ethylparaben, carbomer copolymer, disodium EDTA, tocopherol/soya oil, xanthan gum

on 6/7/2012 10:31:00 AM

This product is awful. It claims to leave a matte finish. I don't know who they tested it on, but it looks like you can skate on my face. And it's sticky. Even putting powder over it couldn't get rid of the shine completely.

on 5/31/2012 2:54:00 AM

This cream is thick and hard to rub in, and yes, it may make your face seem shiny and oily. I have to work really hard to apply my mineral powder, feel like painting on my face.
I bought this product because it says non comedogenic and recommended by cancer council but I am bit disappointed with the product. I donít think I will repurchase this product anymore.

on 5/22/2012 5:31:00 AM

I tried a sample of this and it left my face really greasy. It was good sun protection, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 4/21/2012 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This product was greasy on my face. It left a slight whitish cast and smelled very chemical. I could have still lived with all that if it provided adequate sun protection for my face. However, the ultimate dealbreaker was that it BURNED my eyes if it accidentally got in either by wiping or being carried through sweat/water into them!!!! Unbelievable stinging that made me want to scratch my eyes out! I checked and found out that Cetaphil tests on animals. I feel really sorry for the bunnies that had this product rubbed onto their eyes if they conducted the Draize test. Sheer torture.

on 2/12/2012 2:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I sadly never reach for this product but this moisturizer is basically all sunscreen. Its SPF 50 so as any sunscreen would do, its going to make you look a bit greasy on your face. Its fine after it dries out on your face tho. My complaint is the very strong sunscreen scent and the fact that it practically IS a sunscreen. I heard stuff over SPF 30 is bad for you, so I really wouldn't recommend this because of its oxy- ingredients. I personally don't think this moisturized well at all and I only use it when I go to perhaps a water/amusement park. Everyday use of this can be really bad for you since the skin absorbs these chemicals, and this doesn't moisturize as well as I want it too.

on 10/28/2011 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i dont really like this product.. this product made my face very greasy when i applied it ...and when you wash it.. my skin became rough and dry... but the good thing about this product is that u wont break out.. so i switched to cetaphil's moisturizing cream and its way better than this.. !

on 10/9/2011 8:18:00 PM

Great premise, bad product. Love Cetaphil products but this one was greasy and made me break out!

on 10/4/2011 12:11:00 AM

3 months ago I started using retinaldehyde skincare which meant that a SPF30+ sunscreen is essential as part of my daily routine. I use this over Niacinamide in the morning and under my foundation. For young women, this is going to be too thick and greasy. It definitely leaves a white cast. I will give this review based on what I use it for. My skincare routine consists of a product containing beta hydroxy acids, followed by retinaldehyde at night. In the morning, I use niacinamide, followed by the Cetaphil SPF50 sunscreen. Initially it was recommended that I use a zinc sunscreen by my doctor, but zinc is a bitch to wash off, so I was looking for a good alternative. This is where Cetaphil comes in. I also wanted something a bit moisturising as niacinamide in the morning leaves the skin fairly matte and isn't the best base for foundation. I use it sparingly. You do not need to slather it on and if you apply just a small dollop, you will avoid it being so greasy. The size of a pea is enough to do your face. I also use it on my neck and chest region which keeps these areas beautifully moisturised throughout the day. I haven't had any reactions to it so far and really don't expect to, as this range is designed for sensitive skin types.

on 9/25/2011 2:03:00 PM

I have started to use this about a year ago when i was diagnosed with rosacea. My derm told me that I have to use sunscreen daily, and she recommended me to use this. I like the texture of it, and yes it make your face white, but that is what l like about it since my face is red with rosacea. And I like it that is a pump container. I have luck with it for over the year until I had a crazy break out (from unknown reason), and my doc asked me to use steroid cream. It did at first cleared my break outs, but after using it for a month, it worsen my rosacea, even I only use it only on the spot where I had my break outs. Later i searched online and found something called "steroid induced rosacea". Ever since my skin become more sensitive, and whatever i've been using daily on my face either no longer works, and/or react to it. This moisturizer is one of them that irritated my skin a bit, I feel itchy and red. Not just this, I had to change my entire skin products that I'm using. I starting to use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser, and Lotion, so far so good. And I find a replacement sunscreen to Eucerin SPF 30 for sensitive skin. I find it better than Cetaphil, is very light and blend into my face fast. I'm happy with Eucerin now, and don't think will ever come back to Cetaphil again.

on 9/21/2011 10:17:00 AM

I put it on in the morning after - I had run out of my L'occitane Immortelle SPF 40 Lotion which is really expensive - and it seemed to be fine. Unfortunately, in the evening, my forehead reacted with little red bumps and on my chin there was a pimple and during the day my face was extremely shiny, especially around my nose. wouldn't describe my skin as sensitive, so beware if you are acne prone or sensitive!