April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Palettes - Coastal Scents - 26 Shadow Blush Combo Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by katie_alti

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I know this is cheap but I am completely disappointed in the quality of the shadows. They do not blend well, and at my skill level I really need forgiving shadows. I rarely use this: one of the browns I use to fill in my brows, and I like the lightest blush. Other than that this thing just takes up space. I'm hoping I get more use out of this now that I have discovered Paula Dorf Transformer and can turn a lot of these into liners. The colors are great for my green eyes, but are a pain to use. I'm crossing my fingers for some great liners.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 6:20:00 PM More reviews by luvmejoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am quite pleased with this palette. Much more so than I am with the 88 ones.
Pros:
- pans are pretty big which means I get more product which makes me very happy
- color payoff is really good when using a base, even the lighter colors look good
- blushes are highly pigmented and you can find a perfect shade no matter what your skintone is
- super cheap!
Cons:
- the darker eyeshadow colors and all the matte ones are chalky and dry and the fallout you get from them can give you a headache if you're not careful
- packaging feels very light, too light in my opinion; I feel that if I drop the palette it will shatter into a million pieces
UPDATE! I just dropped this on the floor. It only fell about 2ft but that fall would have shattered most of my palettes. This one doesn't even have a scratch! I opened it expecting to see a big powdery mess but it's as good as new.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by nzaslavs

I also got it at 50% off and for 11 bucks it's worth the money. Some colours are more pigmented than others, shimmery ones are easier to blend. I was playing for 2 days with it only. Can't say I am very excited but it's a product on a drug store level and I treat it as such. Some colours are really pretty - darker ones last longer (I did an experiment at home yesterday wearing different eyeshadows on different eyes). I used MAC primer on my lids.

This is my fist experience with CS but I didn't expect MAC quality from them at all (considering the price) so I am sort of OK with the product.

I do agree with reviewers who say CS charges too much for their products that they buy in China and HK which is a shame. Same palletes (88, for example) you can get on ebay 10 dollars cheaper than from CS with shipment to Canada. I don't think I will buy from them again but might try 88 or 120 palletes from the same manufacturer from ebay just to play with different colours. These pallets are OK for someone who is just starting out with make up (lot's of different colours) but you get what you are paying for.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kathyjanet

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this for $10.97, because it had no Coastal Scents logo on it. For the price I paid, it is OK (some really great colors), but I would not purchase this for full price.

I find both the eye shadows & blush to be chalky and no where near the quality of MAC. It's really a shame they don't blend easier, because there are some really great colors.

I'm going to play with it some more & will change my rating if need be.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by evange

I really like the colours, but the makeup is just crap.

full review here:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by goddessella

i love this eyeshadow and blush palette! ive been living in it for a month and a half and i love it. i originally didnt wanna get this because i already have the blush palette, the neutral palette and the both 88 shimmer and regular palette. i felt as though all the colors in this palette would be in one of the palettes i already have. then, i had to go to a trip and i was so annoyed to find out that imma need to bring all palettes in order to survive. i brought the blush palette cuz i didnt wanna bring all my other individual ones, then i had to bring the 28 cuz that's my neutrals and of course i need colors too so i had to bring the regular palette cux i figured imma have mattes as well as shimmers that way.. and i had to lug all of these all over the country and that was what made me realize i shoulda gotten a blush combo. when i finally bought the blush and shadow combo, i was soo glad i did, especially because it had blush shades that werent on their blush palette, and i happen to like the blushes on the 26 palette better. the shadows have an interesting mix too.. it's not all neutral which is good, as i have the 28 neutral for that, and it has all the right colors.. nothing shocking.. i guess the right term would be, it truly is an earth palette, with all the browns and the golds and the pinks and purples. there's no greens though.. but ts ayt, ive another palette for that. what i didnt like about the palette is that it doesnt have a shade light enough to be my highlighter. it's what's stopping me from it being the only palette i use for my eyes. but i can live with that, as i have a good shimmer shade for highlighting from body shop.

price wise, it's not too shabby too.. if ur just gonna get one or two palettes from c/s i suggest skip the blush palette and the neutral palette and just get this one, plus the shimmer palette that c/s has got to offfer.. if ur a neutrals kind of gal still, and your thinking of getting the neutrals and the blush palette, this might be a cheaper alternative for you. i personally did not like all the shades in the blush palette and feel like it's a waste of money, but i like the shades in this palette.

i also didn't like the fact that they still did not put a mirror in this one, just like the neutrals palette, so i took points off for that. and the lack of highlight shade, that i mentioned

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by cicilykong

If you're into purples & browns this is so amazing! It's a great palette because there is a mix between shimmers and mattes. The only downside is that there aren't any great base colors like pearl, vanilla or light toned neutrals. But the Pigmentation is great & I just love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by smm9032

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors in this palette are sooo beautiful. There is not one color that I wouldn't use. I LOVE the way that these apply. They last all day with my UDPP. I will definitely repurchase this gorgeous palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by nintastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eeeeeeh, I really wanted to like this palette, but to be honest, I really don't use it that often. And when I do pick it up, I think I've only actually used about 7 of the shadows and 2 of the blushes.

I've found that in most of the swatches I've done, the colors look completely different than they do in the pans. This can be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. Also, I've noticed that some of the browns look....almost like dirt on my lids. I don't know if it's the texture, or the color, or what, but I was pretty disappointed with that.

I'm not saying that this palette is bad, because it's not. There are some really pretty colors in it, and the first two blushes are lovely on fair skin. I'm just saying that it wasn't what I thought it would be, and I feel kind of bad that I'm probably going to end up wasting the half of the palette that I don't use. If you're considering buying it, make sure you check out some swatches first. I wouldn't buy this palette again, because I don't think I use the one I have now enough to make it a worthwhile purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 6:03:00 AM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

The majority of the colours are shimmery but wearable. I think the only thing that was left out of this palette was a highlight shade, like a shimmery white or peach.