Neutrogena Nourishing Eye Liner

3.9

on 8/9/2012 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in a metallic bronze/brown shade because they were out of the regular brown. The color is fine, the metallic part does not show up much but the problem I had is that if it happens to rub off into my eye, it sticks onto my contact lense and is very hard to remove! It's happened a couple of times now and I have to rub and rub my contacts to get the smudge off. Maybe the metallic flakes embed themselves into the lense?? Eeew. Don't buy the metallic shade(s) if you wear contacts....

on 8/7/2012 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have sensitive eyes and this eyeliner does not irritate my eyes so I am pleased with that. However, the color was just so smooth, I passed it on 10 times at least. By then I could not get an even line, it's an OK product but just that. i will not be buying again (not even finishing the one I got, probably)

on 7/24/2012 10:51:00 AM

This eyeliner is amazing! I bought it in brown, but there are many other colors too. Its super easy too apply, and it stays on all day. It comes with a smudger and sharpener too. The only problem I have with this is the packaging. When i want to get to the smudger, it stays in the little cap on the end, so I always have to pull it out. Otherwise, I love it!!!

on 6/8/2012 4:34:00 PM

I heard lots of good reviews on this so I picked it up in spiced chocolate. It does glide on very easily and look very nice. It's very smooth and the color is rich. The big downside is that it does not stay on long at all!!

on 5/18/2012 11:10:00 PM

I have over 20 black eyeliners, pencils, creams, gels and all - and this is what I have been reaching for each day. Revlon Colorstay was my daily liner but it smudges just a bit and THEN stays put. And my gel liners seemed to be irritating my eyes, they were always bloodshot. The fact that this was non-irritating and 'nourishing' was appealing.
I actually love the packaging - the width of the pencil just perfect, little sharpener on the end and I do use the smudger thing, it blends my mistakes.

I found the pencil easy to use, glides on effortlessly, goes on dark, can easily layer for a dramatic look. I didn't find Colorstay's line to be particularly pretty, but this one is. I feel like I can use this pencil for any look.

Shockingly, it stays on all day for me. If anything it might fade a bit but never smudges. I use it over my nars primer, have not tried it on its own.
HG!

on 5/15/2012 12:09:00 PM

I really like this liner! I have it in Cosmic Black, and it provides a great natural definition to my lashes. I really like using this during the daytime because it's a softer black - making it more appropriate. I also find the formula of this liner to be great! It looks neater on my lower lash line for longer than some of my high end liners.

on 5/14/2012 10:46:00 PM

Although this is an inexpensive eyeliner, I really like the staying power. I used on my waterline and it did not irritate my eyes. I've had problems with burning and sticking to my contacts in the past, but was pleased to find this did not. Easy on the eyes!

on 5/9/2012 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I got this liner in the color Cosmic Black. I like how it's so thin because I don't like wearing obvious eyeliner. I like the texture. It glides on smoothly and looks great.

But, on me, it starts flaking and disappearing within about half an hour or less. Within a few hours it was almost completely gone, except for some flakes around my eyes and cheeks.

The packaging is great though. It's easy to open without nicking the liner. And it comes with a built in sharpener and smudger.

on 4/28/2012 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really great eye liner! It's a retractable, automatic pencil with a smudger at the opposite end. The point of the pencil is fine, so it's easy to draw a thin line close to the lash line. You can also draw a thicker line with the side of the pencil and use the smudger to soften it. I got the Cosmic Black, which is a deep, true black. It stayed put all day until I took it off at night. No problems with removal using regular cleanser or with sensitivity (I wear contacts). No cons with this one. Looking forward to trying different colors!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have sensitive eyes and this is the only eye liner that I can use on my waterline that doesn't agitate my eyes. It could have better staying quality but since it doesn't make my eyes burn or water, I will definitely be buying it again for my waterline. I also love the built in sharpener and that it's retractable.