September 19, 2014 | 1846 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Skin Foundation SPF 15 - Porcelain 0

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by productsnob

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! It is light enough for the Texas heat and covers everything. It looks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Prissbella

I really love this foundation! I remember when I first applied it to the back of my hand to apply with my 187 brush I cracked up laughing because it's so watery. I thought pshhh yeah this is going back. I 100% judged it without even putting it on my face yet. Out of all things foundation that I've tried (BE, NARS, DIOR, Clinique, Lancome I could go on for weeks) this one looks the most natural on me like true skin. It covers the redness on my cheeks and old blemishes. I do of course still need to conceal but the overall look of this foundation is exactly what I've been searching for. It doesn't feel heavy or look cakey at all. It doesn't break me out and is very hydrating as well. I've been using this for about 3 months now. I think that's the longest in history for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRoberts

I really like this product, ive tried sooooo many foundations. i find it difficult to find anything, i hate looking too caked in makeup, alot of foundations make me look like i obviously have makeup up on.
this product is a great medium coverage, its not greesy.
and just a very good foundation
i really like it, and would advise people to try it.
i would buy this product again, which it is rare for me to buy the same foundation twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by amoec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I though that this product was very watery and didn't give me good coverage! I put two coats on and still felt like there wasn't much there! I will use it up but not the best foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by MissLucyLu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was actually skeptical of this product when I first tried it as it seemed kind of watery. However, the shade is just right for my fair skin (I wear Very Light in the BB TM and Porcelain in the LM TM) and the coverage is lighter than most foundations but heavier than TM. As some other posters have mentioned, it does tend to settle in pores/lines by the end of the day, but I have this problem with most foundations. Will definitely repurchase, I actually like it better than the BB TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by tnbrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very good product and deserves all the awards it seems to have won lately. The first Bobbi Brown foundation that actually works for me, the coverage is light to medium and can be layered - I would recommend using a foundation brush, the colour goes on better this way. I use Porcelain which is a perfect colour match (I am blond, green-eyed and very pale with some freckles). My sensitive skin seems to like this so far - fingers crossed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

FYI: for this foundation, Porcelain is a tad lighter and pinkier than Porcelain in the BB Oil Free and BB Moisture Rich. I wanted to add this in this review in case people were wanting to know specifics about coloring. I'm a PPP, neutral/ cool and Porcelain usually works OK for me. Alabaster seems too pinky for me.

Repost of my review in the regular Skin Foundation thread:I was excited to use this based on the information I read but I don't think I can get past one day of wearing this. I'm a PPP and wear Porcelain in the BB OIl Free and BB Moisture Rich but this porcelain is pinkier than the porcelain in the other BB foundations. I don't have a counter near me and the one I called about 2 hrs away didn't have any samples, so I had to purchase this....I prefer to do samples first because I hate returning but I didn't have an option with this. I set this with BB sheer foundation. Here's my breakdown:

7AM: I put it on and it looked great. It is quite runny when it first comes out of the bottle. When first applied, it looked really sheer but after a few seconds, you could see it had a nice coverage. It is very lightweight on the skin. Felt nice.

12:30PM: I just looked in the mirror and it is starting to settle into my pores on my cheeks and nose and looks like some of it on my cheeks has already wore off. Also, even on my forehead where I don't think I've ever have seen a pore, it is starting to cake up a little in little dots. Weird.

3:00PM: It looks cakey and blotchy. It has settled into my pores and doesn't look well at all. I will return.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Update: this broke me out after about 2months of use. :(

My skin is going crazy at the minute. Its extremely oily, porous and acne prone and my acne is at it's worst right now.

I decided that it would be best for me to cut right back on the products I use as I must be overloading my skin. This involved changing my foundation from EL Double Wear to something lighter. I depaired at wearing light coverage foundation as I didnt want my skin to be visible to anyone!
Luckily, at the Bobbi Brown counter they had the solution.

The MA wanted to try the Oil Free compact and liquid on me, but I have tried these before and I hated them- they were very shiny- I looked like the tin man. She then suggested Skin Foundation and told me it was water based and therefore hydrating, but oil free. The coverage is also light- buildable. She tried a few shades on me and Porcelain was perfect. I still fully expected to see my red acne and huge pores when she gave me the mirror.

I was shocked. The coverage is really good!! It doesnt look masky or chalky but my acne scars were invisible and the redness was gone from my cysts, which were almost fully covered!
I bought it straight away, and at £27.50 it was very expensive, hence the 4 out of 5 rating. However the packaging quality is superb- it looks sleek and elegant, and comes with a pump and cap.

The MA didnt do a very good job at applying it, but when I got home and used my 187 brush to stipple it on, it was flawless!

The one drawback is that the foundation gives a luminous finish, and on my oily skin it just looks greasy. A little primer sorts this out. At the moment I am using No7 Shine Free Base, but I am planning on trying BB's oil control lotion is the future.

And after only a few days my skin has started to heal up! I full atribute this to my Clinique Anti-Blemish 3-step, Clinique Superdefense, and this wonderful foundation!! No more breakouts!

Oily, acne prone gals- try this out NOW lol!
Dry and Normal girls- this foundation would suit you too!
Give it a go!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by itsmeashleee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I have tried so many foundations YSL to Maybelline and everything in between. This foundation really gives me the perfect amount of coverage doesn't make me breakout (like Mac) and keeps my skin gorgeous all day. It's expensive at $45 I think it's rediculous but I haven't like anything this much so I will continue to buy and for me to repurchase a foundation it has to be perfection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goes on light but has great coverage, lasts the day, and porcelain is a great shade for fair skin.
Update - not as long lasting and the coverage not as great as Lancome's Teint Miracle. I also prefer the shade of TM - more neutral.