August 20, 2014 | 1967 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very hard to wash out!! The only thing I liked was I saved time and didn't have to wash and condition my hair. However, it took many more mins to feel like I had gotten it all out so in the end I didn't save any time. The smell was amber and good but a strong smell. I have long, colored and highlighted wavy very very dry hair. Wen seems to do the same about washing out though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:58:00 PM More reviews by delicatebalance

I've been trying to find a Shampoo for colour treated hair that is both cheap and sulfate free. And while this shampoo does win on those 2 points, it fails everywhere else. It left my hair very dry to the point where I had to slather it with a deep conditioner to even get a comb through it. If it strips the hair this much, there is no way it is safe for coloured hair. Very disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by miafiona

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

I thought this was going to be good as it was Sulfate free and Sulfates are damaging to the hair.
Firstly, the packaging is poor. The bottle doesn't hold it's shape and that means after using the shampoo a few times the bottle won't keep it's shape and won't stand up properly in the shower. The smell of this shampoo is average. It smells very plant like and not the most appealing. Didn't damage my hair but did no good either. In general quite disappointing. Don't bother with this!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ceeceee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because my hair is dyed red. The shampoo lathered great and I did like the smell. But when i washed it out, it left a film over my hair. I am a thrifty person- if it is not good for hair, I will use it as body wash. Even using it on my skin, it too felt like a film that was not pleasant. I cant figure what is in this to leave an unpleasant feeling to the touch. I say this because I gave it to my husband to use, and he said the same thing without me telling of my experience. So its back for the search for a shampoo that will help retain color and feel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I like how this shampoo smells and cleans. It smells like a nice, womanly perfume (as opposed to teenage girl). Maybe a bit of amber in there. The shampoo does a good job cleaning my hair and it feels like there are some replenishing oils in the formula (my hair feels moisturized when I rinse, not stripped dry like my old shampoo). I use conditioner and style as normal.

Have not had any issues with volume, and appreciate how I can shampoo every 3 days (2x a week) without my hair seeming greasy or flat. However, my ends are still dry and I am still on the search for a moisturizer that does not contain silicones as their primary ingredient. At least until I move away from this desert climate! :) I miss my Washington hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by winniewyli21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very excited about first trying out this product because I have really fine hair and FEAR I might be bald by the age of 30 (I lose hair when i'm stressed).

Product fell face flat. Just like what it did to my hair. It made it FLAT FLAT FLAT. The shampoo just wouldn't wash out my hair properly and it made my hair look greasy, YUCK :(

I paired this product with the conditioner and would not buy it again...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sassysaturdays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have been using this daily for 9 months and I do love it.
I must say that the first time I tried this, I absolutely hated it. The smell was a bit strange and I could not get used to how hard it is to lather (my first time trying a sulphate free shampoo). But I must have gotten over the smell and got used to lathering it and somehow just really like this product now.
I wash my hair twice a day and this shampoo is light enough for it. Yet, it is also strong enough to clean my hair (you can tell how particular I am about the cleanliness of my hair as I have always washed it twice a day). It retains the colour of my hair dye fairly well. And the price is quite reasonable for a shampoo of this quality.
Another thing I like about this shampoo is that is does not leave a residue which I think the other Loreal elvive shampoo does. My hair feels light even after months of using this shampoo.
There are not a lot of colour care shampoos in the market and so far, this is my favourite.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty bad. The shampoo was very harsh and dried out my hair and scalp. My scalp was irritated for a few days afterward. I waited a couple of weeks before trying it again thinking something else caused the irritation, but sure enough it was this product and its matching conditioner. I'm throwing both out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product was very foamy which is surprising for a sulfate free shampoo and they substuted sulfate for harsher chemicals that does more damage then good for your hair. I colour my hair brown and this fades the colour faster then preserving it. I washed my hair twice and the hair already began to look brassy and dull unflattering. The scent is nice and all but the performance that it promises is misleading I don't recommend any of their sulfate free collection they replace sulfate for harsher chemicals that weakens your hair overtime to become brittle split ends brassy also their is silicone in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have highlighted, dry, fine, thick hair but had to stop using this due to breakouts along my hairline. Cannot imagine what someone with oilier hair would experience. I actually liked the herbal smell, and for a sulfate-free shampoo it lathers extremely well. If you found it on sale it might be something to use occasionally as a switch-off for your other shampoo.