April 17, 2014 | 1430 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverPure Sulfate-free Color Care Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by sassysaturdays

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Have been using this daily for 9 months and I do love it.
I must say that the first time I tried this, I absolutely hated it. The smell was a bit strange and I could not get used to how hard it is to lather (my first time trying a sulphate free shampoo). But I must have gotten over the smell and got used to lathering it and somehow just really like this product now.
I wash my hair twice a day and this shampoo is light enough for it. Yet, it is also strong enough to clean my hair (you can tell how particular I am about the cleanliness of my hair as I have always washed it twice a day). It retains the colour of my hair dye fairly well. And the price is quite reasonable for a shampoo of this quality.
Another thing I like about this shampoo is that is does not leave a residue which I think the other Loreal elvive shampoo does. My hair feels light even after months of using this shampoo.
There are not a lot of colour care shampoos in the market and so far, this is my favourite.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by crawfore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty bad. The shampoo was very harsh and dried out my hair and scalp. My scalp was irritated for a few days afterward. I waited a couple of weeks before trying it again thinking something else caused the irritation, but sure enough it was this product and its matching conditioner. I'm throwing both out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product was very foamy which is surprising for a sulfate free shampoo and they substuted sulfate for harsher chemicals that does more damage then good for your hair. I colour my hair brown and this fades the colour faster then preserving it. I washed my hair twice and the hair already began to look brassy and dull unflattering. The scent is nice and all but the performance that it promises is misleading I don't recommend any of their sulfate free collection they replace sulfate for harsher chemicals that weakens your hair overtime to become brittle split ends brassy also their is silicone in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have highlighted, dry, fine, thick hair but had to stop using this due to breakouts along my hairline. Cannot imagine what someone with oilier hair would experience. I actually liked the herbal smell, and for a sulfate-free shampoo it lathers extremely well. If you found it on sale it might be something to use occasionally as a switch-off for your other shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by allison41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard how sulfate free shampoos are great for colored hair so I figured I'd give this a try, but I kinda hated it. It didn't smell all that great and made my hair super dry (I could barely get a comb through parts of it after my shower- and this is after using conditioner AND a leave in smoothing cream) My hair can tend to be on the oily side and I really didn't feel like this got it very clean and felt like it didn't rinse out all the way. It did, however, lather more than I expected it to though. Won't be using this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love the smell of this shampoo and i love the conditioner. even though its sulfate free it still lathers and cleans well. i dye my hair a blue-black and have several layers of lavender-silver hair. i bought this product to replace my wen by chaz dean because its less expensive, but it also doesnt do all the things that wen does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is very hard to find a sulfate free shampoo that is not pretty expensive. This line of shampoos can be purchased at walmart for $5-$6. It's a great buy. They last a long time and they don't strip your hair. This is the only kind of shampoo I can use that doesn't strip my color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I only used this one time, so this may not be the most helpful review. The packaging with the flip top and tube is great and the shampoo gave a nice thick lather. The smell was too overpowering; it was like being in the dentist's office. It was bad enough for me to return it after one use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by acarthur

I started using this product a few weeks ago after I had a Keratin treatment done and was advised to use Sulfate free products.
I usually love L'oreal products, but this one has been pretty bad for me. The first few times I used it, I didn't like the smell that much and found it quite overpowering, but got used to it a little (smells like mint). The shampoo does smell better than the matching conditoner though and is not as potent.
After about 4 washes, my hair started feeling very dry, my comb was ripping through it when wet, my scalp started itching slightly and my hair had no shine to it whatsoever. Definitely not a good shampoo to use of you already have naturally dry hair and colour it.
I will definitley not be repurchasing or using what I have left of this product. The only thing I can say that I liked about it was the way the shampoo really lathered up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm someone who has a sensitive scalp and loves dyeing my hair so for a few years and some months before I found this shampoo, my scalp and hair suffered a lot from all the brands I've tried. When I first saw this in a drugstore, I was immediately sold because, hey, it's L'Oreal, right?

I bought the shampoo a day after I had my roots recolored and the shampoo I was using before (one of the dandruff-fighting ones) had stripped my color pretty badly so I knew I had to get this L'Oreal one fast.

When I first smelled the shampoo, I liked it instantly. I'm a huge sucker for earthy, herbal scents and it wasn't overpowering like some scents I've sniffed. After the first wash, I immediately knew this was THE shampoo for me. My scalp barely itched (read: never) and my hair didn't tangle up at all. It's been a couple of weeks now and the shampoo has not let me down at all even though I'm currently suffering from hormone-caused oily scalp. Hardly an itch and it doesn't feel greasy.

Will definitely continue to buy this.