October 24, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately I have several problems with it.
Positive:
- it does give a nice finish from a distance or in low lighting
- pretty bottle, functional and hygienic with a pump.

Not so positive:
- I have to have newly exfoliated skin or it will go on patchy even if I don't have any dry skin. IMO it's not hydrating at all, as it claims to be.
- it has a tendency to cling to facial hair (like the fine hair on your cheeks) and somehow make them show up in pictures.
- have to apply it fast with fingers or it won't work
- my biggest problem is the color. I am about nw 10, but can usually wear neutral foundations well, because they cancel any redness in my skin. I have Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory, which is the lightest shade, and supposed to be neutral. When I hold the bottle up to my skin it looks like it's going to be a good match, but as soon as the product is out of the bottle it is so much darker. I compared it on the back on my hand with other neutral foundations I have, and it was so clear. While the others look similar with a light yellow tone, the Diorskin stands out much darker and looking very orange, not yellow, and nor pink.

I will still use it from time to time, and I hope the color match will be better as summer is approaching, but I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, I have combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin and have tried a multitude of foundation, this being the latest one that I just couldn't resist (despite having found what is probably my HG, Shiseido Sun Protection Fluid, see my other reviews)!

PROS
- I got this is 010, which is the lightest colour and it's a pretty good match for my NC15 skin
- medium, buildable coverage which you can layer without getting cakey
- a beautiful, luminous, dewy finish which is very fresh-faced
- easy to apply; can use fingers if you like, though I perfer my Real Techinques brush

CONS
- the last power isn't too great. With a dusting of power, I was shiny within a few hours
- it's not transfer-resistant (beware when hugging boys!)
- it's rather expensive, £32?
- most importantly, IT BROKE ME OUT. My skin was practically perfect, then when I got this it clogged up my pores so badly (depsite my squeaky-clean routine) and didn't give me large red blemishes, but lots of little whitish raised bumps all over my cheeks and my skin.

Conclusively, it's a good foundation with a beautiful finish (hence the quite high rating), but it doesn't have great-lasting power, it's quite expensive and it breaks me out, so it's a definite no-no for me. Maybe it would would better if you had normal skin which wasn't as acne-prone as mine :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The original formula was one of my favorites, but this new one is my HG everyday foundation. One pump provides sheer coverage and a second layer will give light to medium coverage. My combo skin gets oily in about 4 hours, which is fairly normal. It glides on smoothly, blends in 30 seconds and looks incredibly natural. 21 linen is comparable to NC20. I've been using it almost daily for the last 2 months and no issues with breakouts on my sensitive skin. It brightens and evens out my complexion. The best part is that it does not emphasize flaking I sometimes get from a blemish that's healing which happens with a lot of foundations. Love it!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

Nothing too special. Decent coverage I guess, but it just cakes up no matter the primer or setting spray or moisturizer... but the worst IS THE SMELL. OH GOD THE SMELL. For me it's just bothersome, but people who are sensitive to fragrances will probably get headaches- it's that bad. Pass.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just a common foundation. Nothing special. It is ok but you can find a familiar product in a much better price. It doesn't worth the money. Other high-end foundations provide excellent benefits for my skin but this not.
It has medium to full coverage but it gets very greasy after 2 hours. I also believe that it makes my skin look older. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 02/02/13:
I may have been too quick to review. This lasts a good 8 hrs on me in dry LA weather. I just wish the colors leaned a bit more olive/ yellow.

I went in for a MUFE HD foundation at Sephora and I'm such a sucker that I came out with a foundation, primer and powder, all in HE brands, but no HD foundation. I let the SA apply this on me in Sand 031 on my NC 30-35 skin. She applied this over a primer with a sponge, stippling. It evened out my tone and the color was a good match, though it could be a tad darker (I also bought the Forever in 031 and it is at least a shade darker, if not more; a bit too dark for me).

Yes, it looked superb and natural in the store and a few hours later. Mind you, this was in humid Honolulu where everyone's skin acts like oily skin. My complaint is the longevity. I knew I wasn't purchasing a long-wear foundation but is 3 hours is all I get, even with no sweat? Come on! I love how this glides on my skin, doesn't cake and finish is medium to full (just stipple with a brush or cheap sponge). It covers light marks with ease and didn't break me out the 1 week that I have been using it.

I wore this alone in humid, Hawaii weather and got 2 hours. I mixed half of this with Forever and rode a 5 hr plane back to LA. By hour 2, it was gone. Yup, I was sweating like a pig, carrying bags on and off. I gave it another try today in LA winter weather, no sweating and still got only 2 hours that look freshly applied, at 4 hrs looked degraded (plus pores were visible by now) and by hour 8 could see it on a remover but it could have been loose powder, on a good, cold day. All of these times were with the same primer, moisturizer, etc.

This foundation is great for a quick trip to the store but who wants to pay $50+ and having to retouch every 2 hours? Not me. I will not buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by jccmz

I went in to Sephora to try the Givenchy liquid foundation and asked a salesperson who was helping someone in that aisle with Dior products. It turned out she was a Dior rep and insisted/recommended that I try the Diorskin Nude since I wanted less than full coverage and I had sensitive skin. She picked out a beautiful shade that matched me perfectly and did a really wonderful job of applying it all over my face with a clean little sponge -- over my makeup which never breaks me out. I loved how it looked and walked out of the store. I wore it for about 5-6 more hours. When I took it off, I had broken out in some places. The next morning, I had large cystic acne on my nose, all over my chin, forehead, near my mouth. It was an absolute nightmare. I hadn't had cystic acne in probably 10 years. I'm terrified to use any more of this stuff.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by holymelony

Love this! I have oily skin, but if I set it with a powder this stays put all day. Not a ton of coverage, but very good if you prefer a natural look. Does not settle into my pores or fine lines at all. On days when I have more spots I would probably reach for something that gives a little more coverage, like Mac Studio Fix Fluid, but on normal days this is my HG foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by StilaFaux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was a little hesitant to purchase this product as the SA was explaining to me that this was more for normal skintypes and the oil control would not be as good as their Diorskin Forever range. Nonetheless, I purchased it due to the light texture and consistency when I sampled it on my hand. I wore this for about a normal 8-hour work day and I'm glad I purchased this. It has a nice, pleasant floral scent when freshly applied but dissipates after setting it with loose powder. The coverage was light to medium so I needed some help with my undereye circles.The oil-control for this foundation was acceptable for me as I saw T-zone shine only after about 4 hours of wear. Price range is acceptable due to it being a luxury brand but I only used 1 pump for the entire face. This would probably last about 6 months for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 9:21:00 AM More reviews by emilymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the most natural looking foundation I have ever tried. I have very clear skin so do not need much coverage, just need to even out some redness and give my face a little polish, create a good base for blush, etc. I think if you have more coverage needs than that, this would not be ideal. It applies well with a foundation brush and blends perfectly. Even after building up coverage (on my chin area mostly) I found it to blend so naturally that it was almost invisible. The finish is also very natural on my normal skin - not matte, not dewy. I do not use powder to set makeup (hate powder) and I found that this foundation looked the same at 5pm as it did in the morning. I am only removing one lippie because it is definitely not hydrating, which is odd, given its name and the fact that the consistency is a little thick. I found that it is almost even drying, so I am on the fence as to whether to use this in winter or look for a more truly hydrating foundation. But overall I think this is an excellent product and I am very, very picky about foundation.