December 20, 2014 | 1422 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Muffinpants

THIS. IS. THE. BEST! You are probably thinking...why? BECAUSE IT IS! I have extremely white skin with red blotches. Beautiful, right? Nope. This magical foundation covers it up, makes it look like its my own skin not just cakes on, and gives a bit of a glow to your skin. Also, IT STAYS ON! I dare anyone to try this foundation an come home after a full day of work and notice its on! It's worth every penny!!! It may look pink at first, but once it sets it's a god send. Definition of perfection. I cannot go back to drug store foundation after having this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by FatalGrace

The first time i tried this product i was like woah! Perfect foundation for spring.
i apply this with either foundation brush or hands (to me, same result with this foundation) one pump or half pump
i always use primer (at night) or (SPF velvet moisturiser) at daytime before applying it.

too make it short
1-it's beautiful, gives healthy glow, looks natural and blends like a dream

2-i fell in love with it the first two days i tried it, then my dreams came crushing down

3-after 3-4 hours, it gets so oily on my skin it looks like i smeared grease all over my face, yes its that bad (i'm combination to normal) and i do set it with Dior nude powder

4 if i retouch it, it looks cakey.

5-after a month and three weeks of using it i'm pretty sure it broke me out (specially on my chin area)

i still use it, though i blend half a pump with my daily SPF/moisturiser so it looks more natural (somehow it still manages to look oily after 3 hours)
i'd throw it if it wasn't that expensive, because it honestly doesn't work for me at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Anda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest, this wasn’t what I was expecting when I read “natural glow hydrating makeup”. On my normal/combination skin, it’s definitely medium coverage and more matte than I imagined. It sets quite fast as well, so you need to work fast or use your hands in order for it to not look heavy and streaky. Based on this, I would have given it a 3, but then I did find a way to work with it.
I add a bit of silicone oil or lotion to a pump of foundation, and that gives the product a bit of slip so I have more time to spread and blend it. It also sheers the product slightly and allows me that “natural glow”. Despite the hassle, the perfect color match (I am about NC25 and use 021, a light yellow tone) and the final results are good enough for me to stick with a 4. Just a light layer masks uneven skin tones and it has never clogged my pores or caused reactions.
Aside from this, the packaging feels really nice and luxurious, and it's nice that it has a pump, but I’m not sure if I will repurchase since I have other foundations that can give a similar finish without the extra work.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a deluxe sample and I'm giving it 3 lippies because while it didn't work for me, I liked some aspects of it. One, I like how it applied and I loved the skintone match (030) as well as the light but still decent coverage. That said...this broke me out, and quickly! A few hours after applying, my skin felt itchy....and then the next morning I woke up with large cystic like bumps on my forehead (where I've never broken out, really) and whiteheads on my cheeks. I gave it a rest and healed my skin. I tried the foundation again to make sure it was that product that broke me out, and sure enough....more skin problems. I would say definitely try a sample first because evidently, based on some other reviews, there may be irritating ingredients included.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this, but unfortunately I have several problems with it.
Positive:
- it does give a nice finish from a distance or in low lighting
- pretty bottle, functional and hygienic with a pump.

Not so positive:
- I have to have newly exfoliated skin or it will go on patchy even if I don't have any dry skin. IMO it's not hydrating at all, as it claims to be.
- it has a tendency to cling to facial hair (like the fine hair on your cheeks) and somehow make them show up in pictures.
- have to apply it fast with fingers or it won't work
- my biggest problem is the color. I am about nw 10, but can usually wear neutral foundations well, because they cancel any redness in my skin. I have Diorskin Nude in 010 Ivory, which is the lightest shade, and supposed to be neutral. When I hold the bottle up to my skin it looks like it's going to be a good match, but as soon as the product is out of the bottle it is so much darker. I compared it on the back on my hand with other neutral foundations I have, and it was so clear. While the others look similar with a light yellow tone, the Diorskin stands out much darker and looking very orange, not yellow, and nor pink.

I will still use it from time to time, and I hope the color match will be better as summer is approaching, but I won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, I have combination, sensitive and acne-prone skin and have tried a multitude of foundation, this being the latest one that I just couldn't resist (despite having found what is probably my HG, Shiseido Sun Protection Fluid, see my other reviews)!

PROS
- I got this is 010, which is the lightest colour and it's a pretty good match for my NC15 skin
- medium, buildable coverage which you can layer without getting cakey
- a beautiful, luminous, dewy finish which is very fresh-faced
- easy to apply; can use fingers if you like, though I perfer my Real Techinques brush

CONS
- the last power isn't too great. With a dusting of power, I was shiny within a few hours
- it's not transfer-resistant (beware when hugging boys!)
- it's rather expensive, £32?
- most importantly, IT BROKE ME OUT. My skin was practically perfect, then when I got this it clogged up my pores so badly (depsite my squeaky-clean routine) and didn't give me large red blemishes, but lots of little whitish raised bumps all over my cheeks and my skin.

Conclusively, it's a good foundation with a beautiful finish (hence the quite high rating), but it doesn't have great-lasting power, it's quite expensive and it breaks me out, so it's a definite no-no for me. Maybe it would would better if you had normal skin which wasn't as acne-prone as mine :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The original formula was one of my favorites, but this new one is my HG everyday foundation. One pump provides sheer coverage and a second layer will give light to medium coverage. My combo skin gets oily in about 4 hours, which is fairly normal. It glides on smoothly, blends in 30 seconds and looks incredibly natural. 21 linen is comparable to NC20. I've been using it almost daily for the last 2 months and no issues with breakouts on my sensitive skin. It brightens and evens out my complexion. The best part is that it does not emphasize flaking I sometimes get from a blemish that's healing which happens with a lot of foundations. Love it!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

Nothing too special. Decent coverage I guess, but it just cakes up no matter the primer or setting spray or moisturizer... but the worst IS THE SMELL. OH GOD THE SMELL. For me it's just bothersome, but people who are sensitive to fragrances will probably get headaches- it's that bad. Pass.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ioannaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just a common foundation. Nothing special. It is ok but you can find a familiar product in a much better price. It doesn't worth the money. Other high-end foundations provide excellent benefits for my skin but this not.
It has medium to full coverage but it gets very greasy after 2 hours. I also believe that it makes my skin look older. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit 02/02/13:
I may have been too quick to review. This lasts a good 8 hrs on me in dry LA weather. I just wish the colors leaned a bit more olive/ yellow.

I went in for a MUFE HD foundation at Sephora and I'm such a sucker that I came out with a foundation, primer and powder, all in HE brands, but no HD foundation. I let the SA apply this on me in Sand 031 on my NC 30-35 skin. She applied this over a primer with a sponge, stippling. It evened out my tone and the color was a good match, though it could be a tad darker (I also bought the Forever in 031 and it is at least a shade darker, if not more; a bit too dark for me).

Yes, it looked superb and natural in the store and a few hours later. Mind you, this was in humid Honolulu where everyone's skin acts like oily skin. My complaint is the longevity. I knew I wasn't purchasing a long-wear foundation but is 3 hours is all I get, even with no sweat? Come on! I love how this glides on my skin, doesn't cake and finish is medium to full (just stipple with a brush or cheap sponge). It covers light marks with ease and didn't break me out the 1 week that I have been using it.

I wore this alone in humid, Hawaii weather and got 2 hours. I mixed half of this with Forever and rode a 5 hr plane back to LA. By hour 2, it was gone. Yup, I was sweating like a pig, carrying bags on and off. I gave it another try today in LA winter weather, no sweating and still got only 2 hours that look freshly applied, at 4 hrs looked degraded (plus pores were visible by now) and by hour 8 could see it on a remover but it could have been loose powder, on a good, cold day. All of these times were with the same primer, moisturizer, etc.

This foundation is great for a quick trip to the store but who wants to pay $50+ and having to retouch every 2 hours? Not me. I will not buy this again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No