November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by trmarugg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So I seen this in the clearance section of Ulta yesterday and decided that for $1.79 it was worth a try. The shade is 102 Warm Ivory. After trying it out today, I wish I would have just kept walking past it.

It comes in a tube and the consistency is real thin. It kept squirting out all over the place. At the best it is light coverage and I prefer medium.

The shade is alot lighter once you apply it. I was in a hurry this morning and as soon as I put it on - I thought YUCK! But I was running late and thought I would see if the 'stay matte' claim held up. But it failed horribly. Withing an hour of putting it on I looked like an oil slick.

So this too will go into the back drawer full of other foundation fails. I'm going back to my Merle Norman Aqua Balance which until I find something better, will be my HG>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Paddylos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this product...I got it on sale at Walgreens for $1.89 recently, which makes me think that it's being phased out. Either way, I was thinking it was a foundation I could apply with my fingers. I got the lightest shade, Ivory 100.
The consistency of the product is nice, although the squeeze tube makes it easy to squirt out too much. I use my Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel vag stuff for a primer. :) The foundation is easy for me to spread and blend on my face. After I apply it with my fingers I blend it out with a damp sponge. The finish is very natural; not matte, not dewy, more like a semi-matte. I have to apply powder throughout the day as my skin is oily, but overall this stays fresh on my skin. Honestly, I like how it looks a lot.
My big problem with this foundation is the color....I can't tell if it works but I feel like it doesn't. I have NW skin, ranging from 15 in the winter to 20 (sometimes 25) in the summer. This foundation is obviously warm-toned, which is my first problem with it. The color itself is dark, but only by a shade or two. It's really the warm undertone that makes it look weird. It verges on being orange in some lighting. I ran from room to room in my house looking in different mirrors with different lighting. It looks passable...but just off. I dusted some E.L.F. Translucent Mattifying Powder over it, and that helped a bit, but overall this shade seems way too warm for my cool complexion. My skin isn't much lighter than the foundation because it's summer and I've got some color, but the undertone is killing it.
The other thing that annoys me about this product is that it has salicylic acid in it. I don't like my makeup to have any other added bonuses besides SPF in it. I'm worried that over time this will irritate my skin, but it seems like it's such a small amount that it (hopefully) won't make a difference. As of now my skin doesn't look/feel any different.
Overall, I like the formula, coverage and finish of this foundation a lot, but the color range needs help. It's very limited, and obviously leans warm. I'll keep using this foundation through summer because it stays put on my face with primer and because the color is a good match (minus the undertone) for my summer skin. Come fall, however, I'm going to have to find something a lot cooler and lighter. I'm actually wondering if Porcelain 101 (the next lightest shade) would be a better match? If it wasn't significantly darker and the undertone was more neutral/cool, I would consider picking that one up instead. I honestly would have given this foundation a 5 if it wasn't for the limited color range, because it's one of the best drugstore formulas I've tried (aside from Revlon's ColorStay).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by imejia4

I had never tried any Rimmel foundations and to be honest the only reason I picked this up is because it was $2 at ulta so I figured why not give it a try. Well, I love it so far. I was expecting more coverage but I am happy with the light coverage. Tinted moisturizers that I have tried don't provide enough coverage for me and full coverage foundations feel gross during the hot summer days so this is kind of a good in between because it really feels so lightweight on my face. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is great. No wasted product!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by SkyLightsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's too watery, and doesn't do much for coverage. Also the smell is just terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by CrystalAdara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I bought this product and brought it home, It wasn't what I expected. I thought that it was going to give me more coverage than it did. This foundation is a light coverage, not what I need for my skin type. Plus, I was hoping that it would be matte just as the bottle says, but no, I still found my face becoming oily after about three or four hours of wearing, although I will say, my skin wasn't as oily as it usually is at that time. So, it did hold back some of the oils, which is great. I love the squeeze tube it comes in and if I just had non-oily skin and nothing to cover up on my face I would repurchase. It's just not great for my skin type...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by temadeamor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this foundation. i also bought it at CVS for $2 and it is exactly what i was looking for, i got 300. It has very light coverage but i don't need much. i have dry skin and it is not drying, in fact, i do have to touch it up in the T zone, but it's not bad. i hope they dont' plan to discontinue it because it is perfect for me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by msshelley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I bought this product at CVS 75% off. I've never had luck with Rimmel foundations. They are always way too orange and dark on me, but due to using a sunless tanner, the lightest shade was perfect for me. I bought the foundation not expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. It does claim to be a matte foundation, but it gives me a dewy finish that I absolutely love. It's also med. coverage on me, which is exactly what I'm looking for. It seems to wear a little better then my Revlon ColorStay which is my everyday foundation. CS feels a bit heavy on my skin, and this doesn't seem as heavy so it will probably be my summer foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by hannahbelle818

Its not the best foundation out there, but if you want something that is medium coverage and u live in a cool weather this for u.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sydneyjewels

Ok, so I picked this up at the last CVS Beauty Clearance and got it for 75% off and had a $1 off coupon, so I got it for next to nothing.
I really like the foundation itself. The fact that it contains no parabens is a plus. It was really great for days that I needed lighter coverage. I also LOVE the fact that it contains Salicylic Acid, since I'm a hormonal teenager, and it works well for keeping the occasional breakout under control.
The problem is: I bought the lightest shade, and it looks ok when I first apply it, but by 10:00, I have Snooki Face.
It turns SO orangey on me. I also find that it really isn't matte. I already have dryer skin, and it gave me a somewhat dewy look, so I can't imagine having oily skin and trying to use this.
The part that gets me down the most is that it is too orange and dark! I would have maybe bought it again otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Kasey3435

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister recently bought this and let me tell you this foundation is Godawful. First of all, its REALLY liquidly, it's like putting skin colored water on your face. it runs everywhere and get in your eyes! Not only that, IT STINGS AND BURNS! it has very Little coverage and makes your face look like a 2 month old dry cake. Also, it has a weird smell ? .. Like something rotting ?? it's absolutely disgusting. Plus the lightest color they had was still too dark, thats why my sister gave it too me.

I was SOOOOO disappointed because rimmel usually makes good makeup! but this one's a stinker. Dont waste your money on this!!!