Rimmel Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation

2.9

Aqua/Water, Dicaprylyl Ether, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Butylene Glycol, Mica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Galactoarabinan, Kaolin, Xanthan Gum, Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc Oxide, Sodium PCA, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower/Leaf Extract, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491)

on 7/13/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

So my doctor said that I need an oil-free foundation (I was using Covergirl Natureluxe, which is pretty legit) so I went to the drugstore to try to find something. This caught my eye because of the claim that it could keep my face matte for up to 12 hours. Of course, I didn't believe that, but I was hoping that it could at least last throughout the day. I bought it for around $7. I went home and proceeded to try some on. The squeeze tube is nice, but MY GOD, this product is like tinted water. I kneaded the tube in my hand a bit to try to mix the product together. When I squeezed some more out, it was a little thicker, but when I put it on my face, I found that it has VERY LITTLE coverage, equivalent or less than a tinted moisturizer. It's also very hard to blend, and is prone to becoming streaky. I left it on, though, and thank God I was only staying at home, because after about an hour, my face was oily again, and it looked as if I was wearing no foundation at all. Good for all those girls who claim this worked for them, but for me, it failed. :c

on 7/13/2011 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I seen this in the clearance section of Ulta yesterday and decided that for $1.79 it was worth a try. The shade is 102 Warm Ivory. After trying it out today, I wish I would have just kept walking past it.

It comes in a tube and the consistency is real thin. It kept squirting out all over the place. At the best it is light coverage and I prefer medium.

The shade is alot lighter once you apply it. I was in a hurry this morning and as soon as I put it on - I thought YUCK! But I was running late and thought I would see if the 'stay matte' claim held up. But it failed horribly. Withing an hour of putting it on I looked like an oil slick.

So this too will go into the back drawer full of other foundation fails. I'm going back to my Merle Norman Aqua Balance which until I find something better, will be my HG>

on 7/7/2011 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm on the fence about this product...I got it on sale at Walgreens for $1.89 recently, which makes me think that it's being phased out. Either way, I was thinking it was a foundation I could apply with my fingers. I got the lightest shade, Ivory 100.
The consistency of the product is nice, although the squeeze tube makes it easy to squirt out too much. I use my Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel vag stuff for a primer. :) The foundation is easy for me to spread and blend on my face. After I apply it with my fingers I blend it out with a damp sponge. The finish is very natural; not matte, not dewy, more like a semi-matte. I have to apply powder throughout the day as my skin is oily, but overall this stays fresh on my skin. Honestly, I like how it looks a lot.
My big problem with this foundation is the color....I can't tell if it works but I feel like it doesn't. I have NW skin, ranging from 15 in the winter to 20 (sometimes 25) in the summer. This foundation is obviously warm-toned, which is my first problem with it. The color itself is dark, but only by a shade or two. It's really the warm undertone that makes it look weird. It verges on being orange in some lighting. I ran from room to room in my house looking in different mirrors with different lighting. It looks passable...but just off. I dusted some E.L.F. Translucent Mattifying Powder over it, and that helped a bit, but overall this shade seems way too warm for my cool complexion. My skin isn't much lighter than the foundation because it's summer and I've got some color, but the undertone is killing it.
The other thing that annoys me about this product is that it has salicylic acid in it. I don't like my makeup to have any other added bonuses besides SPF in it. I'm worried that over time this will irritate my skin, but it seems like it's such a small amount that it (hopefully) won't make a difference. As of now my skin doesn't look/feel any different.
Overall, I like the formula, coverage and finish of this foundation a lot, but the color range needs help. It's very limited, and obviously leans warm. I'll keep using this foundation through summer because it stays put on my face with primer and because the color is a good match (minus the undertone) for my summer skin. Come fall, however, I'm going to have to find something a lot cooler and lighter. I'm actually wondering if Porcelain 101 (the next lightest shade) would be a better match? If it wasn't significantly darker and the undertone was more neutral/cool, I would consider picking that one up instead. I honestly would have given this foundation a 5 if it wasn't for the limited color range, because it's one of the best drugstore formulas I've tried (aside from Revlon's ColorStay).

on 7/6/2011 11:20:00 PM

I had never tried any Rimmel foundations and to be honest the only reason I picked this up is because it was $2 at ulta so I figured why not give it a try. Well, I love it so far. I was expecting more coverage but I am happy with the light coverage. Tinted moisturizers that I have tried don't provide enough coverage for me and full coverage foundations feel gross during the hot summer days so this is kind of a good in between because it really feels so lightweight on my face. Also, the squeeze tube packaging is great. No wasted product!

on 7/6/2011 1:39:00 PM

It's too watery, and doesn't do much for coverage. Also the smell is just terrible.

on 6/11/2011 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

When I bought this product and brought it home, It wasn't what I expected. I thought that it was going to give me more coverage than it did. This foundation is a light coverage, not what I need for my skin type. Plus, I was hoping that it would be matte just as the bottle says, but no, I still found my face becoming oily after about three or four hours of wearing, although I will say, my skin wasn't as oily as it usually is at that time. So, it did hold back some of the oils, which is great. I love the squeeze tube it comes in and if I just had non-oily skin and nothing to cover up on my face I would repurchase. It's just not great for my skin type...

on 6/11/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i love this foundation. i also bought it at CVS for $2 and it is exactly what i was looking for, i got 300. It has very light coverage but i don't need much. i have dry skin and it is not drying, in fact, i do have to touch it up in the T zone, but it's not bad. i hope they dont' plan to discontinue it because it is perfect for me

on 6/10/2011 9:59:00 AM

So, I bought this product at CVS 75% off. I've never had luck with Rimmel foundations. They are always way too orange and dark on me, but due to using a sunless tanner, the lightest shade was perfect for me. I bought the foundation not expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. It does claim to be a matte foundation, but it gives me a dewy finish that I absolutely love. It's also med. coverage on me, which is exactly what I'm looking for. It seems to wear a little better then my Revlon ColorStay which is my everyday foundation. CS feels a bit heavy on my skin, and this doesn't seem as heavy so it will probably be my summer foundation.

Its not the best foundation out there, but if you want something that is medium coverage and u live in a cool weather this for u.

Ok, so I picked this up at the last CVS Beauty Clearance and got it for 75% off and had a $1 off coupon, so I got it for next to nothing.
I really like the foundation itself. The fact that it contains no parabens is a plus. It was really great for days that I needed lighter coverage. I also LOVE the fact that it contains Salicylic Acid, since I'm a hormonal teenager, and it works well for keeping the occasional breakout under control.
The problem is: I bought the lightest shade, and it looks ok when I first apply it, but by 10:00, I have Snooki Face.
It turns SO orangey on me. I also find that it really isn't matte. I already have dryer skin, and it gave me a somewhat dewy look, so I can't imagine having oily skin and trying to use this.
The part that gets me down the most is that it is too orange and dark! I would have maybe bought it again otherwise.