April 20, 2014 | 1712 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nycmakeup1

This mascara is the BEST EVER!!!! I have had people ask if I was wearing fake eye lashes with this mascara on. Also, I wear contacts and have very sensitive skin and eyes, this mascara did not bother me at all. When you remove this mascara you can acutually see the little "tubes" wash off. I like the eye lash primer too, I feel the best mascaras have the primers with them, great product, very impressed by the quality. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

Love this mascara! I bought it on a whim before reading makeup alley. I was dismayed by all the reviews so I just left it in my drawer. I was in a hurry and my lash blast fell and rolled under the bed. Ive decided to try this and boy was I impressed. I applied the serum and thought I look funny ala lady gaga. Then I applied the mascara. It separated and lengthened my lashes and hold the curl well. Best of all it did not smudge or travel unlike my lashblast even in waterproof! Best thing is that it is fun to remove. Warm water then my regular cleanser does the trick! Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahlana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara, but there's a knack to it, which I think must account for the strange negative reviews on here. Firstly, be light handed with the primer, only put on a very thin coat or you'll get clumpy lashes. Secondly, as a reviewer said below, put the mascara on straight away. I put the primer on one eye and then immediately do the mascara, before moving on to the second eye.

I've completely stopped using my lash curler with this mascara, if I did they'd curl back on themselves! This is the most curling mascara I've ever used, it's VERY lengthening and reasonably thickening. It doesn't smudge or flake. It comes off easiest in the shower.

Tubing mascaras are latex based, so if you're allergic to latex this won't be for you.

Update: This works much better if you put both the serum and mascara on top of the lashes as well as underneath. I always do this, but tried the other day just applying underneath like most people do. Still very lengthened, but didn't get the amazing curl or any thickness.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lilasbaby

i really like this mascara. I've tried many drug store and some high end mascaras and this is one of my favorites so far simply because it is soo easy to wash off compared to the others. it doesn't smudge, it is long pasting. i'm on my second tube.
there aren't that many cheap tube mascaras out there so i will be buying this one again. however, i do not like the white side and don't use it at all. I do not like the fact that i'm paying for the white side that i don't use. i would give it a 5 and recommend to everyone i know if it wasn't for the white side..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by starkittyvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this product because of all of the coupons i had to use in walgreens and it came with the lash boosting serum i will review that too. the mascara i do not like at all it claims to be black but its rather ashy. but the primer is the best i have had yet. so far i have tried mac prep and prime and lancome clis booster.
the brush grips every lash and spreads evenly.
its not to wet but not dry either
it does not irritate my eyes at least
helps fill out my lashes.
i just wish i could buy a tube with out the mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I wasnt a fan of this product, I liked the prep white base, but it was so starchly white, that even though my lashes are naturally black, after I put the black on it still couldn't cover up the white. Maybe my formula was dried out. I use the white as a base for other mascaras when I'm going out. Also, it makes my eyes itchy if it gets in them, I think I am allergic to it. The brush is nothing special, and the only time I ever wear it is when I'm going to work and can get away with a really subtle eye. If you're craving a dramatic eye, this won't help.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product! I've been wearing this daily for about a week now and I don't know how I ever lived without it. It NEVER smudges or flakes. It looks as good at 10pm as when I put it on at 8AM.

I took a previous reviewer's advice on the application process and I haven't had any problems getting nice, full, long lashes. The key is to apply the primer to one eye, then right away flip the tube around and apply the coloured mascara while the primer is still wet. I just do one eye at a time (primer & colour) and it works wonderfully.

Removal is the easiest thing in the world. Just use warm water and a gentle washcloth or cotton pad. The little tubes slide right off.

The only downfall I can see to this is that there is no such thing as a good second coat with this mascara. You have to get it on there on the first coat or it ends up looking like messy spider lashes.

I would definitely buy this again, and will continue using it for my everyday mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:29:00 AM More reviews by FakeJapSlayer

I like this mascara, It doesn't flake or smear and it delivers the length and volume it promises. The only bad thing is that after you apply the primer, it's hard to cover up all the white parts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I like this mascara, I really do, but I prefer the L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum (the blue one!). The Beauty Tubes mascara works well, but I like the other one better. The Lash Boosting Serum makes a really big difference!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lcn706

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after watching a bunch of kandee johnson videos on YouTube. That girl really knows her stuff. Everything I get works!!! Thats beside the point though.

This mascara has a primer and a regular colored mascara. The white that goes on first that gives the lashes the "tubes". Then the black gives the volume.

It's a tad hard to get off with regular make up remover. You kind of have to get your lashes wet then take it off that way. It's nice in the shower cuz you don't have to worry about your mascara making you look like a raccoon.