December 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by themullens220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best mascara-period. I recently bought a more expensive one at sephora (MUFE) and will definitely go back to this one. It separates and elongates beautifully. On sale, the price is affordable and I get asked what mascara I'm using when I have this one on. Also, one of the best things is NO MORE RACCOON EYES! I love that they rinse off easily when you want to like little tubes-great technology.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK at first i didnt really enjoy this mascara I dont know if it was me or the product got better or i learned to appreciate mascara alot better. I have dry lashes no matter what i do to condition them or use on them. I do try to condition them every night but i get lazy but i do have really long semi curly lashes. Their manly long & straight. I dont like to curl them since most curlers or i pinch myself all the time so i get nervous & my outer lashes wont ever fit in to the curler. So anyway i am just looking for definition but before i knew much i just bought whatever mascara was on sale or looked cool.
=PRICE & AVAILABILITY=
This mascara is available whereever your Loreal products are sold like in most drugstores CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid as well as Target & Walmart. The price will vary as well depending on your area & discounts/sales/coupons but i have seen this around $6-8 which is the typical price of a mascara. I like it since you are basically getting a primer + mascara.
=FORMULA & SHADE & PERFORMANCE=
This Beauty Tubes mascara is a great formula. This is double ended meaning, the first step is the primer or the white primer is where you will apply the actual FIBERS that will build up & coat the lashes to make the lashes longer, more full & lifted. I find it does def add length & definition and slightly lifts. The white primer tubes dry within 20 seconds. I wait til its dries otherwise if you go on w/ mascara, it may turn the black a bit gray. I have heard to let it semi dry or let it dry the whole way. I like to let it dry as long as possible- the black mascara is actually nicely pigmented & a great basic defining & slightly lifting mascara on its own. Ive used it alone & it made my lashes look great too. So if you are looking for length- the primer is by far the best lengthing mascara ive tried since it does contain fibers or TUBES. Its so awesome to see how much length it adds to your lashes since you do see the white TUBES caping the end of the lashes. Its amazing. i have used the tubes with other mascaras & it works great too. i use my Falsies mascara- HOLY CRAP my lashes end up being too long where they hit off my crease. I get so many compliments on my lashes like their fake when i use this. The actual mascara is a bit wet but over time it does thicken up but its a really good mascara. I love this formula/tubes. Its def wears without flaking. Ive not seen any black flakes around. It stays put for hours & hours since you have to use hot soapy water to take this off. & its neat or maybe even gross to see the "tubes" come off- then you see how much different your lashes look without it. I love this mascara its def a great fibers or tubing mascara. for a lot less than HE alikes. I love it & def my most reached for in my big stash of mascaras but i always come back to this one.
=PACKAGING=
i have the original version which comes in a red/maroon tube w/ silver metallic writing/logo that is double ended. One end is the primer/tube which is a white mascara while the other end is the basic black mascara.They twist open/close easily. The wand is a traditional bristle brushes. The primer end is a tad smaller than the black masara. The bottle is a bit thicker than some mascaras. def can be brought in bags for on the go application. Step 1 contains 0.17 fl oz and Step 2 contains 0.16 fl oz. And the black is black. not so super duper black but its not gray or charcoal. Its def great & dark on its own. So if you dont want to mess around w/ the tubing you can use the great mascara on its own as well.
Overall,, This is def a really nice Tubing mascara. I love using this together or using the Primer with other mascaras. Those with short lashes will def appreciate this alot. I do have longer lashes already but since im not good with false lashes, this is def great alternative. I suggest this mascara to everyone. It lasting a long time without turning into a dry mess. It kept the same so far. Will def repurchase over & over again. Its a great price since most priming or tubing mascaras like Blinc etc are really expensive. I love it & am surprised alot of people dont. I know i didnt ever let it dry long enough before to truly appreciate it til one day i let it dry for a while & realized i hated it bc i wasnt allowing the tubes to dry & set before putting mascara on it so it made all my mascaras weird looking. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by nmc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This mascara is awesome. I didn't realize how great it was until I bought another brand that was on sale, and it was like heaven when I finally went back to the Beauty Tubes. You don't even need the white conditioner, I think. But if you do use it, it makes your lashes even more dramatic, but also adds some clumpiness, but you can definitely avoid it if you just take your time applying. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would. It's a little bit expensive, but honestly, I really love it so it's worth it. ALso, washing it off is a little different from normal mascara. It sort of slips off your lashes in tubes with warm water, so it almost feels like your real lashes are being washed away. You'll get used to it though :-) Great stuff! Definitely worth a try!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by 1sparklerush

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my mascara HG. I have been using it every day for several years and won't use anything else. It did take a little practice to apply it in a way that looked good to me, but once I had it down, it's been great. Put on the primer and immediately follow with the mascara... you don't have to wait for it to dry. I have reasonably long lashes, but this adds more length - my lashes sometimes brush my glasses with this stuff. It never smudges, smears or flakes for me, even when I cry. On nights when I'm really lazy (or want my eyes to still look good when I wake up in the morning :) ), I'll wash all the rest of my face and sleep in it. Yes, really. I love love love this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by peggy1234

I like this because it does not flake or smudge and it will wash off at the end of the day. It is so user friendly. It is perfect for every day wear or even for travel. I love that it has the primer with it. I have had this on for 12 hours plus and it doesn’t move or smudge so I would also call it long wearing. I tried it because of makeup alley reviews here and was glad I did! This was a good find and the price is right also($8.00 at wolly world)!
I am moving this to a 5 after wearing it in a 3 day event that was work related. I had it on from 7 am to 11 pm. There was not time to check how makeup was holding up but it worked perfect. I am always looking for long wearing and no smudge makeup. This one is a winner for sure! One trick I did do was apply the mascara while the primmer was still wet. Another reviewer recommended that and it worked well for me.

I also use JK Kidd I teck liquid liner with this and found it to be long wearing also and it will hold up in the water line. This is found at target.
Update Nov 2011. HG I CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THIS! LOVE IT!! It stays flawless all day and then washes off with soap and water. Very long wearing...THANK-YOU L'Oreal!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by nycmakeup1

This mascara is the BEST EVER!!!! I have had people ask if I was wearing fake eye lashes with this mascara on. Also, I wear contacts and have very sensitive skin and eyes, this mascara did not bother me at all. When you remove this mascara you can acutually see the little "tubes" wash off. I like the eye lash primer too, I feel the best mascaras have the primers with them, great product, very impressed by the quality. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by 30oldbagbeauty

Love this mascara! I bought it on a whim before reading makeup alley. I was dismayed by all the reviews so I just left it in my drawer. I was in a hurry and my lash blast fell and rolled under the bed. Ive decided to try this and boy was I impressed. I applied the serum and thought I look funny ala lady gaga. Then I applied the mascara. It separated and lengthened my lashes and hold the curl well. Best of all it did not smudge or travel unlike my lashblast even in waterproof! Best thing is that it is fun to remove. Warm water then my regular cleanser does the trick! Will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:10:00 AM More reviews by sarahlana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara, but there's a knack to it, which I think must account for the strange negative reviews on here. Firstly, be light handed with the primer, only put on a very thin coat or you'll get clumpy lashes. Secondly, as a reviewer said below, put the mascara on straight away. I put the primer on one eye and then immediately do the mascara, before moving on to the second eye.

I've completely stopped using my lash curler with this mascara, if I did they'd curl back on themselves! This is the most curling mascara I've ever used, it's VERY lengthening and reasonably thickening. It doesn't smudge or flake. It comes off easiest in the shower.

Tubing mascaras are latex based, so if you're allergic to latex this won't be for you.

Update: This works much better if you put both the serum and mascara on top of the lashes as well as underneath. I always do this, but tried the other day just applying underneath like most people do. Still very lengthened, but didn't get the amazing curl or any thickness.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by lilasbaby

i really like this mascara. I've tried many drug store and some high end mascaras and this is one of my favorites so far simply because it is soo easy to wash off compared to the others. it doesn't smudge, it is long pasting. i'm on my second tube.
there aren't that many cheap tube mascaras out there so i will be buying this one again. however, i do not like the white side and don't use it at all. I do not like the fact that i'm paying for the white side that i don't use. i would give it a 5 and recommend to everyone i know if it wasn't for the white side..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by starkittyvixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i got this product because of all of the coupons i had to use in walgreens and it came with the lash boosting serum i will review that too. the mascara i do not like at all it claims to be black but its rather ashy. but the primer is the best i have had yet. so far i have tried mac prep and prime and lancome clis booster.
the brush grips every lash and spreads evenly.
its not to wet but not dry either
it does not irritate my eyes at least
helps fill out my lashes.
i just wish i could buy a tube with out the mascara