Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 3/22/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a sample from Sephora almost 5 months ago and I still have a lot left. It smells amazing and the color works perfectly even with my light skin tone during the winter. It lasts almost all day also. The only thing is that it is a little pricey but I guess you get what you paid for. I didn't have to pay for it though at least but I definitely will once I run out.

Finally purchased my very first bronzer and I couldn't be more happy with it. I have a pretty fair skin tone and this works perfectly to give me that natural bronze. The packaging is great and I can tell that it will last a long time. Smells great and hasn't broken me out. Great for my oily complexion.

on 3/5/2015 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first got my hands on this bronzer I fell in LOVE. I used it everyday because it was the first matte bronzer that stayed on ALL day! It smells delicious too. The only thing is it made me break out! :( I was so devastated!! I will risk it on special occasions but not for my everyday use.

on 3/3/2015 10:44:00 PM

The HG of bronzers, for sure. This matte bronzer looks great for contouring or just a glow! I got it for my birthday and I LOVE it! I had tried NARS laguna bronzer and the Too Faced was just so much better. Not to mention it smells amazing, because it is made with chocolate!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worst bronzer I have ever used, save your time & money. I can't believe all of the positive reviews.. Once applied this stuff is straight up ORANGE. When I looked at myself in the mirror when I got home I thought an Oompa Loompa was looking back at me, I was seriously embarrassed that I went out in public with this stuff sparingly applied to my face.

on 3/3/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have this in medium/dark and I am NC20-30 (depending on winter/summer) and Asian with yellow undertones. There is also Milk Chocolate bronzer which is better for those with NC/NW 15 or lower. I do not think the medium/dark is that dark at all--it's ALMOST too light for me, but just works as a good all over bronzer and contour shade, although I like a good contour so you have to layer for a strong (but natural) contour.

I would not really say that this is worth the money ($30) because there are many other bronzers which are cool-toned browns that contour well. However, I think chocolate soleil is the best of the high-end bronzers because it's just deep enough and natural looking.

It is not orangey or warm at all, it just brings a natural brown shadow to your face. I would use this for contouring, and a more warm shade for all-over bronze.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has got to be the best contouring shade I've ever used. It's like a matte bronzer but it could be used as an eyeshadow or a brow color or even blended with a blush for a tanner look. Use it in a daily basis to liven up and arm up the color of my face. You can get a free good sized sample of this with a promo code on Sephora.com!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a great product for a natural contour on medium skin tones. It blends beautifully. I am an NC30 and I find that this creates a natural looking shadow under my cheekbones. I find the Real Techniques blush brush to be the best tool to apply this product with. Love it!

on 2/14/2015 12:31:00 PM

The first time I used this I was a bit disappointed because I felt it was more brownish than bronze. Then I realized its called chocolate for a reason. It's not exactly a bronzer but more of a brownish tone that's great for light contouring rather than a "glow". It took me a while to get used to but I really like it now. You definitely need to use the right brush since it can easily appear you are bruised if not applied properly.

on 2/8/2015 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is luciously good! Smells wonderful and it's the only bronzer that shows on my olive skin. No orange weird look and very blendable. I use it to shade also. I'm very pleased with it and will purchase it again. Also a bonus that it does not get patchy after long wear. I have dry skin and tan easily.

Popular Bronzers

HOOLA
HOOLA
Chocolate Soleil
Chocolate Soleil
Laguna
Laguna

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder- Review and Comparison to NARS Laguna by Lindsey Rose