Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

4.5

on 12/30/2014 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally got my hands on the product, and I am absolutely loving it. Great packaging, smells great and has an amazing Finnish. Perfect for either contouring of bronzing. A small bit goes a longer way. I would 100% buy this product again!

on 12/28/2014 6:49:00 PM

Very cute packaging! Finally caved and tried this. Great for contouring this bronzer is completely matte, which makes for a very natural look and is great if you want to avoid shimmer (ie less than perfect complexion). The shade is a slightly warm almost neutral brown to me. No orange, no red! Finally! I love how natural the colour is because one of my biggest struggles is finding bronzers that work with my very yellow-toned skin (currently nc35/nc40 for reference). Colour reminds me a bit of Laguna. Only thing is I find the pigmentation is "layerable" which can be a good thing I suppose. It doesn't go on too strong so you have to build up the colour, which might be preferable for lighter skin people and also doesn't require you to "use a light hand". That being said I love my bronzers so I definitely tend to build up the product (and probably use more than I should).

on 12/27/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in the smaller travel size version called Tan without the twinkle for around $15. You only have to use a tiny bit to get great results, I made the mistake of having too much on my brush and it came out super orange-y looking. But if you use a light hand and blend it, it usually comes out beautiful! It stays on for awhile also!
I'm on the paler side so I was afraid it would be too dark on me but I think it's a great color.

on 12/17/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Most amazing smell!!!! Best matte contour, i love it

on 12/16/2014 12:07:00 PM

I'm in NC30 and currently using the shade in Med/deep.
It blends well. Have been reaching out more for this than Benefit hoola.
Plus it stays all day~

on 12/14/2014 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a wonderful matte bronzer. I use it for my daily contouring of my cheeks and jawline. Blends easily. I love the scent of this bronzer. Not a dark as Benefits Hoola, great for as fair gals.

on 12/14/2014 3:39:00 PM

Love the matte, just-back-from-vacation bronze this gives me!

on 12/2/2014 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Amazing matte bronzer! Still a tad bit warm for my skin tone, but that's something I can work with. Gives subtle color and blends like a dream. Plus, the smell is just amazing--yum!

on 12/1/2014 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

the colour of my face is slightly lighter than the rest of my body, so a bronzer is a must for me. I prefer to have an allover sun kissed look rather than contoured, and this does the job perfectly!
I use sephora's 44 bronzer brush (essentially a longer, more packed, fat kabuki) and sweep this around my cheeks and a little on my forehead, and it gives a lovely, subtly bronzed look. No muddiness or orange peeking out! I loved it so much that I literally went "dang that looks good" when I saw how great it came out!!
Even so, the only other bronzer I've tried is Benefit's Hoola bronzer, so I lack much experience with bronzers in general, so to be fair I'm taking off one lippy because of that.
Other pros - smells amazing, applies gorgeously smooth, lasts long, has a generous amount of product, pretty packaging
I honestly have nothing bad to say about this. Will change it to 5 lippies after I try out a few other bronzers! Great job Too Faced!

on 11/23/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow this is pigmented! I would not recommend this for very fair skin, luckily for me I fall in the light-medium depending on the time of the year. This stuff is amazing. I am a huge bronzer girl. A little goes a long way with this. I like to use this as more of a bronzed contour, versus a sculpted grey toned contour. I do use Sun bunny (too faced) for bronzing/getting that bronzed goddess glow. This can be used on it's own for a matte bronzed look, or just to sculpt. This blends really well, I would sat use a light hand, because there is such a thing as too much bronzer!

Popular Bronzers