October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Sunscreen - La Roche Posay - Anthelios Xl SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme (for face)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by AleneM

This broke me out. I should mention that I am very sensitive to sunscreens. I'd hope this would work, but it didn't. The only thing I've found I can use is Clarins sunscreens.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 4:52:00 AM More reviews by thebobcat64

I got this for $10 off at CVS when they had a special. I had heard great things about the brand, but was disappointed by the greasy finish this left on my face. After using it I would try to set it with powder to give my face a matte finish, but it left it sticky. My brushes were still goopy the next day. If you want to try this I recommend L'Oreal Sublime Sun SPF 50 for face because it has the same ingredient list but was slightly less shiny. I much prefer the La Roche Posay tinted sunblock, which allows me to go without makeup. Also, this product doesn't contain mexoryl, which protects against UVA rays for several hours. I was under the impression that it did when I bought it but it contains cell-ox shield instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by sunnyT31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best facial sunscreen I have ever tried. Doesn't irritate my face, doesn't break me out and doesn't make dry patches any worse. I haven't burned using this yet, so I can vouch for the protection. Goes on well under make up but I would recommend wearing your normal moisturiser with it. I really like the texture of this product- a light fluid rather than a traditional cream. It absorbs better than most sunscreens I've tried.
Expensive for such a small bottle but it seems to go a long way. Don't think I'll ever be trying anything else again.

LOVE IT <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by anitahsieh

Going on, this sunscreen, feels really matte. Make sure you do not over work it on the skin or else it will flake up. I wear it under my BB creams and foundation, I really enjoyed the feeling of initial application and the mild oil control it gave my complexion. Plus no break outs from this and I am currently on my third bottle. Unfortunately I do not plan to repurchase after I am done because it turns yellow with sweat. In the past two months I started going to the gym wearing this sunscreen under tinted moisturizers and BB creams. After I am done my work outs, I would see that areas where I sweat the most had become yellow (my forehead, upper lip, "side burns", and neck). I;ll reserve this for my 'rest' days I guess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This sunscreen was recommended by my dermatologist so first thing in my mind is this thing must be good. Iíve been using this over the week and turn out to be a disappointment. Noticed there are tiny red spots on my cheek area during the day. As soon as I wash it off in the evening, my face looks fine. So it must be the sunscreen since I havenít tried any other new product.
The texture is white milky lotion which is similar to most Japanese sunscreen. It doesn't leave any white cast on face like other reviewers. However, it's a little oiler than my previous sunscreen, Anessa.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

Horrific ingredient list: this for me is enough for dislike it! I will skip it to an eco-bio one

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I picked this up the other day at my local CVS and so far I am absolutely loving it. Sunscreen is a staple in my morning routine and I love the high-quality ingredients this particular one contains. I have very oily skin and I've found that using this as a primer helps keep my face significantly more matte throughout the day. It has a strong chemical scent to it that I can't say I enjoy, but it's not an issue because it dissipates almost immediately after you apply it. I haven't noticed a white cast in photos or anything of the sort, but for reference I am NC20-complected. It's a bit pricey, but you get a lot of product that will last you ages.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:57:00 AM More reviews by mariapenu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using this in January and I am dying to find something else to replace it urgently!
My face looks white after applying it (all day long, not just the first minutes), I can't stand it. (After one month since I opened it, it smells nasty, like petrol).
I have been experiencing some skin problems for the past 2 months (acne, redness and now flaking skin) and I'm not sure if this caused me to break out like this or it was something else... The thing is I have always been acne-prone, but I never used sunscreen before and the pimples were not that many (manageable with some LRP Effaclar AI).
After starting to read a lot about proper skin care, I thought "well I'd better start using some SPF, after all, I don't want to add to my problems by skipping it", right?? Well.. I used 1 tube of Avene SPF20 lotion for combination skin (which burns for a few seconds) and started getting more pimples, but I thought it must be from other products I was using and I couldn't give up SPF and risk agravating them.
Then, after a lot of research, I bought this LRP Anthelios 50+ (European version), hoping I would get the best protection without any side effects. I was wrong!
As I said, now that it is winter my skin is drier and I look so so bad, I'm embarassed to go to work, but because I don't know with what to replace this sunscreen, I keep using it until I decide (maybe City Block, I don't know?) and, let's face it, get the money to change most of my products for this winter weather.
Am dissapointed and desperate to get my old skin back!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by TwiPixie

after a very bad sunburn on my face, leaving ugly sun spots all over, I just had to buy this, no matter the cost. Mainly because my face reacts to every other sunscreen I ever used, within an hour I have itchy bumps on my face but not with la roche posay.
One very important thing is to SHAKE IT! Seriously, if you dont shake it dont even bother pouring it. Once you shake the bottle it comes off very liquidy (if not, return it!) and flat white. I really dont enjoy it right after I put it on my face because it does leave a white cast and a sort of wet look, you can feel it on your skin. But after it sets and skins in (5-7min) I cant really see it that much or feel it. That doesnt mean it vanished though. I would apply makeup before its set because it just slides off, it doesnt stay, and yes, I know its a pain to wait in the morning.
The package is pretty but a bit awkward. I find myself juggling it in my hands to put the cap on after I use it but its not a deal breaker.
This has very good ingridients and everyone needs sunscreen so I will continue buying it until I run into something better. In the summer, when I am at the beach I will go for something less fluid and more "i can tell you are wearing sunscreen" because I dont want my sun spots to ever see the light of day again.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

I don't know if the bottle I got was defective or if this really sucks, but it not only leaves a white cast on my face, it also comes off in tiny little rolled up bits of white flakes resembling tissue paper when I try to rub/press/massage the stuff in more to get rid of the whiteness. Also, even if it didn't leave such a mess on my face, it tends to make me look a bit shinier/oilier. An utter waste of money.