La Roche Posay Anthelios Xl SPF 50+ Fluide Extreme (for face)

3.6

Euro 2015 version:AQUA / WATER DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE ALCOHOL DENAT. GLYCERIN DIMETHICONE ISOHEXADECANE BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE OCTOCRYLENE SILICA DROMETRIZOLE TRISILOXANE ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ZEA MAYS STARCH / CORN STARCH C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE BIS-ETHYLHEXYLOXYPHENOL METHOXYPHENYL TRIAZINE ISODODECANE PHENOXYETHANOL ISOPROPYL LAUROYL SARCOSINATE TEREPHTHALYLIDENE DICAMPHOR SULFONIC ACID SILICA SILYLATE LAURYL PEG/PPG-18/18 METHICONE PEG-8 LAURATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL TRIETHANOLAMINE DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE TOCOPHEROL DISODIUM EDTA DODECENE PROPYLENE CARBONATE POLOXAMER 407 ZINC GLUCONATE PERLITE.

on 5/31/2013 12:38:00 AM

I like this a lot, despite some bad reviews. I use it as moisturizer/sunscreen/primer. I have comb skin, that has been breaking out lately. When I went with my boyfriend to get a facial at Dermastore, she said it's because the moisturizer(Olay complete, she didn't know what I was using yet.) was to strong for my face, and I have sun sensitive skin. She recommended this, since I've been getting white pimples and more freckles.
This feels really soothing on my face like Avene products do, I guess its the water in LRP products, that really give it that oomph. I use barely any at all. It goes a long way for me, I pay special attention to my nose cheek area, where most of my freckles are. It does cast a white shadow, but honestly I like it, I feel my face is less red and has a nice french girl skin vibe going on. Once I put my make-up on it goes away. If I put to much Athelios on, it feels like it leaves a resides. Less is def. more with the product, I get good results with a thin layer. It's is a good base for my foundations I currently wear-Vichy Dermablend, Mac Studio Fix, and Revlon Colorstay.
What I love about this product is the matte finish, I get a little oily on my cheeks. Not anymore. It's great it works great with my skin, and my dry patches. At first it rubbed them off and left easer like shavings on my face, but it was my dead skin. It only happened once. My face isn't breaking out anymore since stop using Olay Complete, I hope this 8 month phase is over, I never use to break out.
Im happy with this product. I would recommend this to any person with similar skin as mine. Everyone needs to protect their face for UV rays, and sun damage!!!!! I haven't gotten a burn on my face yet, and I live in a hot hot hot tropical climate. Even if you don't burn doesn't mean your skin isn't being damaged so always wear SPF protection. Even if it's cloudy you still can get burned/sun spots!

on 4/20/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

the white sunscreen patch looks good only on cricketers... i don't know to judge the effectiveness of a sunscreen, because what happens with sun exposure is a long term side effect, so basically you just have to bathe in sunscreen and hope your skin is being protected from possible damage. i have used so many brands of sunscreen and no matter what the brand and SPF you still have to reapply if you sweat or wipe or over prolonged exposure... if not even the most awesome sunscreen can't protect you from a burn...

so the only factors that help us pick up a sunscreen are the texture, how it wears under make up and stuff... maybe this is a wonderfully protective sunscreen, who knows? but it leaves a white mask, like face paint... it doesn't absorb to well... i live in extremely humid weather conditions so i stand right in front of the aircon after i apply sunscreen and no matter what i do it doesn't absorb, it creases around my eyes and neck and my hairline looks like i am a granny in disguise... it streaks and doesn't sink in even after repeatedly massaging it into the skin (that is the opposite of what you are supposed to do with a sunscreen- sunscreen must always be applied with a light hand and not massaged in like a moisturizer)

and don't even ask how horrible make up looks on top of this... it drastically alters the shade of your foundation...

so ya... maybe this sunscreen is good... but just like all healthy foods don't taste bad, i don't think i wanna put up with this sunscreen.... and definitely not for this price tag... neutrogena ultra sheer is so much better at less than half the price.

on 3/19/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like the thin consistency of this sunscreen. However this sunscreen leaves an unappealing white cast. Now I have to add another step to my routine (mac msfn) to avoid looking like a sick version of Casper. My search for a HG sunscreen continues.

on 2/25/2013 7:42:00 AM

I find this to be almost greasy and not worth the extra money. I'll use it up but won't buy it again.

Was looking for a facial sun cream as I've got pale skin, and I was becoming concerned at the amount of freckling that was appearing in the summer. I've also tried city block, but that gave me spots, so I was keen to try something else.

Application initially was fine - but it sort of sat on my skin, leaving a bit of a residue, and even worse, if I rubbed it, or applied anything (BB cream, foundation, powder) over the top, it went sort of bobbly / flaky on my skin. (like the bits of rubber you get when you use an eraser).

However the upside is that it works fine on my boyfriend's bald spot (as did the city block - he's not fussy) so my beauty product fails at least have some practical use.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

before this one i used the worst sunscreen on planet-garnier- cause i was at holiday and my sebamed was over! and i had lots and lots of acnes and white spots, and then thank god i realise this one, and my skin gets better after i change my skincare rountine. I really love the texture of this product. Some days i dont even need to put make up on because it has this sheer layer on skin and a little bit powder sense. İ will definetly recommend this product to a friend

on 8/8/2012 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used the Tinted version of this for about 2 months now, but only when I am going to be outside for longer than say 1/2 hour. I used it on long bike rides and going to the beach, gardening outside, etc., all in very hot, humid and sweaty conditions.

PROS: Wears like iron, stays on, does excellent job at preventing darkening of any hyperpigmentation (better than my Shiseido Perfect UV Protector spf50+/PA+++, which is far more matte), does not break me out, does not irritate.

CONS: Shiny and sticky. Never really dries, remains sticky.

This is a thin milky fluid that is tinted to somewhere between the color tan and calamine lotion, but the tint and the fluid pretty much disappear when you rub it in. Don't count on this for coverage. It's sheer.

I have very oily, sensitive and acne prone skin. This does not break me out at all, or cause any rxns, but remains quite sticky and does not dry matte on me. I look pretty shiny and overly moist.

Applying powder over it helps, but it seems to suck in the powder and the shine starts coming through shortly thereafter. I end up powdering a zillion times, and I'm still sticky and shiny. As a result, I only wear it when sun protection is my goal. I would never wear it to, say a business meeting, unless the meeting was an all day outdoor event.

It works great and I do have some acne scarring and PIH, so if I'm going to be outside for any length of time I will put up w the shine and stickiness for its effectiveness. However, the minute I find something better at preventing PIH w/ less stickiness and a more matte finish that doesnt break me out, I will drop this like a hot potato.

04/17/13 UPDATE: Having tried many other ss's and compared them to this, I am noting that many, many other ss's marketed as oil-free, matte finish, or for oily skin, made my oily but mature skin look dry, wrinkly, and flaky, and made mu pile up in each pore. In comparison, the shininess from this LRP is a small price to pay for skin that looks perfectly smooth, flake-free, and poreless. While I don't like shine, I like looking old, wrinkly, whiteish, and flaky even less. So as far as making your skin look younger and smoother, even if it's shiny, this LRP ss wins hands down.

PS to the reviewer who was disappointed that it did not contain Mexoryl - it DOES but ONLY if you order from overseas - the US version sold in US stores does not contain Mexoryl in this version/spf.

on 6/17/2012 6:12:00 PM

This broke me out. I should mention that I am very sensitive to sunscreens. I'd hope this would work, but it didn't. The only thing I've found I can use is Clarins sunscreens.

on 6/6/2012 4:52:00 AM

I got this for $10 off at CVS when they had a special. I had heard great things about the brand, but was disappointed by the greasy finish this left on my face. After using it I would try to set it with powder to give my face a matte finish, but it left it sticky. My brushes were still goopy the next day. If you want to try this I recommend L'Oreal Sublime Sun SPF 50 for face because it has the same ingredient list but was slightly less shiny. I much prefer the La Roche Posay tinted sunblock, which allows me to go without makeup. Also, this product doesn't contain mexoryl, which protects against UVA rays for several hours. I was under the impression that it did when I bought it but it contains cell-ox shield instead.

on 6/1/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The best facial sunscreen I have ever tried. Doesn't irritate my face, doesn't break me out and doesn't make dry patches any worse. I haven't burned using this yet, so I can vouch for the protection. Goes on well under make up but I would recommend wearing your normal moisturiser with it. I really like the texture of this product- a light fluid rather than a traditional cream. It absorbs better than most sunscreens I've tried.
Expensive for such a small bottle but it seems to go a long way. Don't think I'll ever be trying anything else again.

LOVE IT <3