MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 5/6/2015 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to like this, there are so many MAC fans on MUA that I assume they must know what's good. I have mature skin and the artist at my local MAC store matched me with this foundation in NC25, which is a very good match (I just tossed a bottle of Dior Nude that I was talked into by a hyper-gregarious SA that was just too dark and too orangey pink for me). And the coverage is very good, especially if you're having a bad skin day. That's about all I can say that is good. I find it very hard to work with, even with the MAC foundation brush I spent $32 on. It's very thick, and seems to cake up and look chalky and patchy. It's still a bit too matte for my tastes, but worse, it settles into line and creases and really shows my pores. I prefer not to wear powder because, well, I'm 55 and don't want to look like I'm in an open casket. I think I was better off with my Chanel and MUFE liquid foundations.

on 5/1/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! I keep coming back to it. I have loved Chanel Perfection Lumiere, which has been my HG up to now, but I think MAC Studio Sculpt looks more like real skin on me. It covers well and lasts all day if I don't touch my face. I have a great match in NC25. What more can I want?

on 4/21/2015 12:03:00 AM

First MAC foundation I like. Actually doesn't break me out and looks pretty good with my oily skin texture. It is a bit thick and hard to blend. But since it is full coverage just do a little bit at a time and you'd be surprised how well it works!

on 4/19/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My favourite winter foundation! A beauty blender works best to apply and blend this creamy gel-consistency foundation. Using a brush will make application difficult!

PROS:
Glides effortlessly over skin
Does not accentuate my dry patches, eczema and/or troubled skin
Offers medium to full coverage
Dewy, natural finish
Blends seamlessly
Amazing range of shades

CONS:
Tends to transfer or rub easily, even after setting with powder
Price

Would purchase again... although my current tube has not run out, even after years of usage!

on 4/9/2015 12:01:00 PM

This product does have very good coverage I shall give it that but it is very hard to blend and makes my face look very caky and over done. I would not repurchase this product because it was very expensive for me and I much prefer true match which is 1/3 of the price

on 4/9/2015 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I cannot describe how much I love this product. To start off it works for me as a foundation, concealer and powder. Therfor I don't have to go out and pay a lot extra for my powder. Finding foundations have always been hard for me because they tend to get caked up and cling to my dry patches. this doesn't do that at all. It blends nicely and covers my acne. It's also the only foundation that has never broken me out.
I would recommend this product to people with dry skin over people with oily skin. This is an amazing three in one product and I'm really happy that I found it.
I would 100% buy this product again.

on 3/20/2015 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. I have dry sensitive skin with a lot of redness. Most heavier coverage foundation are quite matte which is not good for dry skin and I had high hopes for this.

On the postives the NC15 color is brilliant and paler than most NC15 from other foundations. You also get 40ml and the packaging is really practical.

My problem with this is that it feels really awful and and doesn't look like skin at all. It's super hard to blend and it's way to noticeable. Quite frankly I will stick to light fondation now and assume the redness. Still beats looking embalmed.

on 3/13/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello perfect skin!!!
I've been using vichy dermablend foundation for years..I had acne on my chin and it was advertised as camaflarge make up so I bought it and loved it...now yrs later acne had almost gone..still get odd spot on my chin but that's life. ...but I'm more upset over the scarring...its awful to me and knocks my confidence so much.
But it was time to find a new foundation. ..as my skin had become dry and vichy wasn't cutting it anymore!
So tried a few. ..estee Lauder. ..which I hated (read my review)....revlon colour stay whipped....not to bad but not best coverage (read my review)...kat von d lock it (great stuff...hard to buy in England and way over priced I think)....now enter mac studio sculpt....I love love love this foundation....its full coverage and creamy....and moisturises my dry skin while covering it...leaving it looking dewy and bright and comfortable to wear all day....I've read some bad reviews on this foundation but can't see why if your buying
The right type for your skin....cos we're all different and need different things from a foundation. ...estee lauder...grear for oily skin as is studio fix liquid. ..studio sculpt. ..fantastic for dryer skin types! !!
This is my fav mac foundation. ..but get a sample before you buy it..I did! Although I still got wrong colour. ..I got nc15...really too light but I'll order another in nc 25 and mix them to get right colour. ...but as foundation goes..you cant get better then this for coverage for dry skin....I use a techniques expert face brush which is great for lots of foundations. ...and works well with this one....7/10...only used it for a day or so...heard mac can break you out which I don't need... so if this doesn't do that. ..then this is my new foundation forever! Fingers crossed; )..p.s you get 40ml too...instead of regular 30ml in most high end or drugstore foundations which is loads so it'll last..easy use squeezy tube and looks nice on dressing table too...sleek! X
UPDATE. ..26/3... OH DEAR....had to stop wearing this as it broke me out a bit too much....sad as I loved the dewy finish....never mind onto the next foundation!

on 3/13/2015 8:16:00 AM

I purchased this product after reading all the reviews, I hav Mac face and body which I love but this foundation just gave me spots, I tried it numerous times and the same thing happened I just kept getting breakouts, got colour matched by MAC and they matched me NW25 which was ok in the shop but when I got home it was way to dark they never get the colour right, the finish is ok but very hard to blend and after a few hours it went very patchy I have used many foundation but I won't be purchasing this again I will go back to my Chanel lift lumiere

on 3/10/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my all time favourite foundations! A creamy consistancy foundation that has very buildable medium-full coverage with a dewy finish. I do a lot of makeovers at the weekends and would always consider this foundation as my safe foundation as it works well with every skin type and is always a guarenteed flawless finish, I have yet to find someone who this foundation doesn't look gorgeous on. Pros: Medium - Full coverage Long lasting & doesnt require a powder Suits every skin type Dewy finish Cons: I find that mac yellow tones are never golden enough 36.50 euro is a bit pricey for this foundation but defenitly worth it

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products