November 29, 2014 | 1174 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually wear Studio Fix Fluid foundation but I wanted a change so I turned to Studio Sculpt. I like this foundation a lot, it has medium to full coverage and it gives my face a matte and flawless finish. It hides all imperfections and the colour match is spot on. The only problem is that this makes you look oily after an hour or so, whereas Studio Fix Fluid does not. I don't mind it too much but if you're a person who has super oily skin I would stay away from it :(

Overall I would give this product a 7/10

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gabrielledx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

On first impressions, this foundation was great. M.A.C is a brand that I've grown to trust over the years because of its huge following and products that many swear by. Since I didn't have too good of an experience with their Studio Fix Fluid foundation, I turned to this. At first, this foundation looked flawless on my skin. I have always used liquid foundations as I have dry skin, this foundation appealed to me as it had a mousse like texture to it. I thought that this foundation would keep my skin hydrated. Within an hour, I had excessive oil all over my face. This had never been a problem before this foundation. No blotting or powder application could fix this. I gave it a chance and tried many different techniques including; using less product, powder, primer and different application. On a positive note, it was a perfect colour match for my pale skin. If you're looking to purchase this foundation, I recommend trying the foundation at your local store/counter and wearing it for a full day. I've given up with M.A.C foundations but their concealers compensate for the troubles I've had.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by sammi980

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like to spend the most money on foundation because a bad foundation will make me break out... that being said I am very happy with this foundation. It is full coverage and does ok with blending and contouring. A negative with this foundation is that it is NOT an all day wear. At one point your face will feel greasy so after about 4 hours I take it off and reapply. Even though reapplying is tedious I found it made for better skin because I washed my face in the middle of the day and put on new makeup. I will buy this again, it is my favorite full coverage foundation of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by melissa1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

A few years ago this didn't work for my oily/combo skin but since Estée Lauder changed their double wear formula I have had no choice but to seek for a new holy grail! I was always a fan of MAC Studio Fix but wanted something a little more dewy looking for spring/summer so thought I'd have another go with the Studio Scuplt. I also found out that this is MAC's highest coverage foundation, beforehand I thought it was Studio Fix. I am now in love with this one, i buff it in and it is buildable which I love! I also find that initially it appears tacky but then soon dries but not do much that I appear cake like I have a soft dewy finish and this doesn't make my pores have oil break outs through the day like the new DW does!! People have said that us oily girls need to set this but I haven't even had to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by jilliemax

I have combination skin (T-zone) and absolutely love this foundation. The color I've been using (NW20) is a great match for my skin my tone (fair with pink undertones). I like a foundation color that neutralizes the redness in my skin. This foundation gives a radiant, even toned appearance, without being matte, but at the same time not really dewy. Another plus, is that I don't find my T-zone to be as oily by mid-day as it was with other foundations (Had been using Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but coverage was just okay and never really had the perfect color match). I find MAC Studio Sculpt really stays put all day long and into the night. I've noticed some reviewers have had trouble with application of this foundation. This is not a foundation to be applied with fingers. A very little goes a long way. The trick is to dot a small amount around one section of the face at a time and blend with a damp cosmetic sponge. By applying this way, you will get great coverage, but also a light, even finish.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by ashleylouisexx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was dying to try this foundation for ages, got matched in MAC and looks flawless. Got home and looked like i had Jaundice :( thought i would still give it a try as i could make it work with some bronzer. After 5 hours my face was greasy and the coverage had dissapeard around my tzone - very dissapointed!! However loved the packaging. Would not re purchase... still searching for my HG!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'll start by saying I'm very pro mac! They have some fantastic products; this is not one of them. The bottle itself is great, a plastic squeeze tube great for hygiene and use, but that's where it stops. I have skin that is normal in summer and quite dry in winter and I went to mac to look for a foundation that wouldn't cling to all my dry winter patches and the mua recommended this, saying that it's meant for dry skin. He tried it on me paired with a primer and a setting powder. Loving how it looked I bought it. I got home about an hour later and boy had my face changed, I looked like an oil slick with patchy missing foundation and caking around my nose and dry patches. I will be returning this and getting something else....

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Ellam77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the worst foundation I've ever used. It was high coverage but had an awful cakey finish and felt suffocating on the skin. It emphasised every dry spot and made my skin break out terribly. Save yourself and your skin the trouble.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Fishface182

This is a brilliant product. It has great coverage without making you look plastered, and makes my skin look perfect. I have used this (sparingly, I admit) every day for over a year and it's still going strong. I look forward to putting this on in the mornings as it gives me such an amazing complexion, and with that - confidence! I would recommend this to anyone - the perfect foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I got it like a week ago and I am soo happy that I finally got my hands on it, it's just the BEST foundation I ever had, beats my previous HG L'oreal True Match. Seriously, I'm so in love with this foundie, better than anything else I ever tried, I mean, Estee Lauder, Guerlain, MUFE, Max Factor, Revlon, I mean, every single foundation will never ever live up to Studio Sculpt. I actually wanted to buy it like a year ago, when my friend was wearing it and it looked so flawless on her, but then I was like what's the point if I got so many foundations, but after clearing up and finally throwing away makeup stuff I didn't use for ages, I had a huge splurge in MAC and I am so happy, I'm in love.

You can go from sheer coverage (using damp sponge) up to full, it builds up so beautifully and even if you put on a lot, it still looks natural, seriously I don't how, but it's perfect.
I don't even add any illuminator, like I used to, 'cause this one gives you a gorg glow just by itself. It's not matte, but it's also not dewy like some people think. It's a true satin/velvet finish that MAC actually mentions and it just lived up to all my expectations, if not more, and actually I'm suprised it did, but anyway I feel like I am gonna use this forever, as long as I don't find something even better (which I bet, I won't).

Only thing I would recommend is to set it at least a bit with translucent powder, because I feel like even if you're not oily, it might transfer on clothes (when you hug someone etc), but I feel like every foundie should be set, otherwise it's just a mess, so I hope this helps someone out there :)

(I got shade NC42)