April 17, 2014 | 1854 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

I prefer the studio fluid for my combination acne prone skin, but this is an excellent choice for someone normal to dry who wants full coverage while still feeling light. I do still like this for a more natural look, not for all day wear on my skin type

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Siobhan88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My 40something skin is mostly on the dry side, especially in the winter. My favorite foundations eventually start showing the flakiness and dry patches mid-winter, so I switch to this a few months of the year. Though the consistency is unusual, it is very creamy, moisturizing, and a little goes a long way. I use UD's optical blurring blush to apply for a light to medium coverage. It does nicely evening out skin tone, but you might need a concealer from more troublesome areas like dark circles. It leaves a dewy finish that is quite nice, but I set it with MAC MSF Natural due to it taking longer to set. With a primer, it usually lasts most of the day. It isn't transfer-proof, but on the other hand, it is never gets all over my collar or coat. I like a variety of foundations for their different finishes and coverages. This isn't an HG for me, but it is the best thing for me in the winter that doesn't transfer all over or accentuate my dry skin. MAC Face and Body would be my next choice for winter foundations, but that formula is more sheer. MAC has a new moisturizing foundation that might work for some, but I haven't tried it. For reference, I wear this in NW20, and my non-winter foundations include MAC Studio Fix liquid, MAC F&B, MUFE HD, Smashbox Halo liquid, or Guerlain Lingerie de Peau.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:24:00 PM More reviews by titilayo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

To be honest. I stayed away from this foundation for a while. I thought the colours were a little weird compared to the other Mac foundation. But recently I fell in love with it. Its made for people who have dry skin and want full coverage but I have Oily skin and it gives my skin a nice beautiful Glow. If you guys want to see what it looks like on my skin here's a link to my Youtube tutorial using it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tvall

Pros:
I like the finish, love the packaging, I like the amount you get (40ml), like the natural sheer finish (yet its still medium coverage)

Cons:
It just seems to sit on my face, say after and hour of application I would wipe my finger across my face it would come right off on to my finger tip.
It doesn't entirely cover blemishes.

Its not a bad foundation at all, its just not 'wow' or holy grail material.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by muacocx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I visited my nearest M-A-C store and got advised to use this foundation as it has a satin finish and won't cake up in the dry skin that I suffer with. I have overall been really impressed with this product the pros are: how light it applies and feels, how little you have to use, the coverage(medium to high) and the density whilst it sits on the face. The cons are most definitely the smell it's like a really mild curry smell it isn't pleasant at all and another is the price id expect the packaging to be much more sophisticated and sleek like other mac products but I guess it's what on the inside that counts this is definitely one of my favourite foundations I would recommend

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really dry, sensitive skin, so one of the MA recommended this foundation for me to use. First, I love the packaging. It has a squeeze tube that allows you to dispense as little, or as much product as you want, and it keeps it sterile at the same time. This tube could last you a long time. It has a really moisturizing, creamy, thick, full coverage formula so you only need the tiniest amount or you will look like you caked it on. It seems like it would be the perfect foundation for dry skin. However, I couldn't wear this foundation for 1 day without getting at least one zit on my face. I even proved it to my sister by showing her my skin before and after I wore it. It also accentuated some of my dry spots, and I thought it looked worse than just wearing powder. I really wanted it to work, because it sounded like it was just what I was looking for, but it didn't cut it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Sarahsponda

Ummm if you have oily/acne prone skin like I do, I would not suggest this AT ALL! Breaks me out every single time!!! However, if you have normal or dry skin, I bet it works wonderfully..

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Jlouise123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation runs very orange, its really thick and gloopy and if your not careful quite greasy looking- you just set this with a powder otherwise it slides around and wears off extremely fast. It's a full coverage and you only need a tiny amount for your whole face, I find it oxidises so I would buy a shade lighter than usual. I apply it with a beauty blender, I press it into my skin using a bouncing motion- if I use a brush I get a streaky finish and if I use my fingers I find it sheers out to much. Do not use this if you have oily skin this is for dry skin, its very moisturising. I'm not in general a huge fan of mac to be honest but this is ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by ekristensen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this foundation for around a year and honestly I have no idea why I stuck with it that long. It's extremely creamy so while that factor means it provides good coverage, it also means that it feels very thick and greasy on the skin; I was constantly breaking out when wearing this and I have since discovered it contains dimethicone (a big no-no for my skin and for avoiding acne in general). I've since thrown it out and will not be using it in the future.

PROS
- Fairly good coverage
- Long lasting

CONS
- Sits thick on the skin
- Skin looks shiny throughout the day, despite powdering & blotting
- Cheap-looking tube that gets dirtied/smeared with product easily
- For me, causes spots

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

If you have combo skin or even slightly oily skin DO NOT PURCHASE. I am not sure what the MAC gal was thinking when she recommended this to me, but it is the worst foundation and idea I have ever used on my skin. I have combo skin and sometimes dry in the colder months, and this foundation sets really dewy anyway, so it made me look like an oil slick. It is full coverage, and that's about the only great quality it has. On combo skin it does not sink it, it just sits on top of the skin. I usually wear Pro-Longwear or Studio Fix and will stick to those. If you are combo or oily - do not purchase.