MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7%; Titanium Dioxide 2%, Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polymethylsilesquioxane, Isostearic Acid, C4-24 Alkyl Dimethicone/Divinylmethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Shea Butter, Yeast Extract, Quercus Suber Bark Extract, Phytantriol, Dextrin Palmitate, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Cellulose Gum, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG -10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Stearate, Hexylene Glycol. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

on 3/13/2015 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello perfect skin!!!
I've been using vichy dermablend foundation for years..I had acne on my chin and it was advertised as camaflarge make up so I bought it and loved it...now yrs later acne had almost gone..still get odd spot on my chin but that's life. ...but I'm more upset over the scarring...its awful to me and knocks my confidence so much.
But it was time to find a new foundation. ..as my skin had become dry and vichy wasn't cutting it anymore!
So tried a few. ..estee Lauder. ..which I hated (read my review)....revlon colour stay whipped....not to bad but not best coverage (read my review)...kat von d lock it (great stuff...hard to buy in England and way over priced I think)....now enter mac studio sculpt....I love love love this foundation....its full coverage and creamy....and moisturises my dry skin while covering it...leaving it looking dewy and bright and comfortable to wear all day....I've read some bad reviews on this foundation but can't see why if your buying
The right type for your skin....cos we're all different and need different things from a foundation. ...estee lauder...grear for oily skin as is studio fix liquid. ..studio sculpt. ..fantastic for dryer skin types! !!
This is my fav mac foundation. ..but get a sample before you buy it..I did! Although I still got wrong colour. ..I got nc15...really too light but I'll order another in nc 25 and mix them to get right colour. ...but as foundation goes..you cant get better then this for coverage for dry skin....I use a techniques expert face brush which is great for lots of foundations. ...and works well with this one....7/10...only used it for a day or so...heard mac can break you out which I don't need... so if this doesn't do that. ..then this is my new foundation forever! Fingers crossed; )..p.s you get 40ml too...instead of regular 30ml in most high end or drugstore foundations which is loads so it'll last..easy use squeezy tube and looks nice on dressing table too...sleek! X
UPDATE. ..26/3... OH DEAR....had to stop wearing this as it broke me out a bit too much....sad as I loved the dewy finish....never mind onto the next foundation!

on 3/13/2015 8:16:00 AM

I purchased this product after reading all the reviews, I hav Mac face and body which I love but this foundation just gave me spots, I tried it numerous times and the same thing happened I just kept getting breakouts, got colour matched by MAC and they matched me NW25 which was ok in the shop but when I got home it was way to dark they never get the colour right, the finish is ok but very hard to blend and after a few hours it went very patchy I have used many foundation but I won't be purchasing this again I will go back to my Chanel lift lumiere

on 3/10/2015 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

One of my all time favourite foundations! A creamy consistancy foundation that has very buildable medium-full coverage with a dewy finish. I do a lot of makeovers at the weekends and would always consider this foundation as my safe foundation as it works well with every skin type and is always a guarenteed flawless finish, I have yet to find someone who this foundation doesn't look gorgeous on. Pros: Medium - Full coverage Long lasting & doesnt require a powder Suits every skin type Dewy finish Cons: I find that mac yellow tones are never golden enough 36.50 euro is a bit pricey for this foundation but defenitly worth it

on 3/9/2015 11:17:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin and it's been very hard finding a foundation that won't dry out my skin after a few hours. Tried clinique, Dior, Estee Lauder, Rimmel, No7 and Shiseido and for me this one is the best! Have in mind i don't need much coverage as my skin is quite clear but nevertheless, when it sometimes is a bit blotchy it covers it right up!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is actually more a review for the concealer from the Studio Sculpt line but both concealer and foundation are heartbreakingly rubbish. I feel sorry for any sucker unlucky enough to shell out their hard earned cash on this monstrosity. I wish I could be kinder about MAC, but for such an overpriced, overhyped, cold calculating corporation with such terrible customer service, it's hard to feel any sympathy when, lipsticks and eyeshadows aside, they basically charge money for old rope.

I have no idea why so many people raved about this line when it came out: it is awful! I have a feeling most of the rave reviews were bribes...they would have to be. Studio Sculpt sucks!

Studio Sculpt concealer was my first ever purchase from a MAC store, in fact, my first encounter with the MAC store. Yep, the rude, condescending, snotty staff, the overpriced poster paint being sold as makeup...ahhh MAC, how I adore thee. Oh well, I thought. It'll be worth it all for glowy flawless MAC quality skin, right? Wrong!

I paid a ridiculous amount of money for this tiny tub of...stuff. I bought in NC15 back when I was going through my pale and interesting phase. This concealer made my 17 year old baby soft skin look like a 60 year old's. I could swear that this product is made out of powdered chalk and talc mixed together with lard. Firstly, it's dry as a bone, and almost rock solid. You literally have to dig in the pot for a chunk of this gunk. Second, it is sooooo IMPOSSIBLE to blend - this ties in with the first point that it is rock solid. Third: it separates! Literally the greasy liquid part and the chalky pigment actually separated while on my face: half chalk powder, with a layer of oil on top. Nice. Did I mention this stuff immediately creases and turns teeny tiny fine lines into deep Mariana trenches? It also: dries my skin out completely, looks ashy and dull, turns blemishes crusty and covers barely anything. You could not pay me to wear this product again. Not after 3 different friends asked me what was wrong with my skin when I applied this. I would rather use drugstore products for the rest of my life than touch this again. Consider it the black plague of concealers. Please ladies and gents, do not waste your money on any Studio Sculpt products. MAC: discontinue this line ASAP! PLEASE!

on 2/27/2015 9:34:00 PM

Had high hopes only to be extremely disappointed, broke me out, looked thick and cakey. It was hard to blend and despite getting colour matched at MAC, it was still too orange. Wasted $70+NZD on it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After the way studio fix fluid made my skin dry I was shown this product by a member of the MAC team and I ended up purchasing it.

I feel like although the coverage is medium it still struggled to hide some of my blemishes and went on very oily even though I had dry skin. I found it very hard to blend even with the use of a stippling brush.

The duration of this foundation is awful, 4/5 hours after application my cheeks are glowing red through the foundation and it looks like I am bare faced. Not what I wanted after spending £25! Price is ridiculous for the quality of this product. I would not buy again, and it did not make my skin any less dryer than the studio fix. I would like to note i heavily mositurise and use a hydration primer and I feel like founation goes on far too greasy and then dries to a cakey substance.

I have used MAC studio fix foundation for many many years now & I have tried to change foundations multiple times and always end up back with the studio fix, I have quite dry skin and was sick of the matte look I got with studio fix so I asked the 'specialist' at the MAC counter for something more dewy and she pointed me in the direction of the sculpt, I have to say I have never ever been this disappointed with MAC make up.. This stuff has made my pores absolutely enormous and I've never been able to notice my pores before, my skin has completely broken out in pimples after I've just spent a year treating my skin to get rid of the acne I suffered from, this stuff feels so gunky and horrible on your skin, and it literally looks as though you've gone and got a glub of fat/grease/oil from the kitchen and smeared it all over your face its absolutely terrible! I spent about $200 on products when I bought this foundation - I purchased the prep+prime primer and also the mineralize powder. I have used $10 products that have been nicer than these 3.. I'm so un-happy with all 3 of these products and don't think ill ever buy anything but lipsticks from MAC ever again, I'm even turned off the old faithful studio fix that I've used for long. I just really hope this stuff hasn't damaged my skin long term... I will be so upset :(

on 2/23/2015 10:06:00 PM

Got this from my sister two years ago. I've barely used it because I get much better results with mineral makeup. Coverage is medium to heavy, buildable, consistency is liquid and creamy, durability through the day is not great, I do need reapplication every 3 hours or so. It makes my pores GIGANTIC, and my skin get really oily. Price is terrible where I live for the results you get. Pachaging is good, and you can cut it open once it's running out to use the last bits. Won't repurchase.

on 2/18/2015 5:09:00 PM

i do not know why but i am never happy with any of the mac foundation , usually i love most of their products unfortunately not the foundation , this one here after a while it becomes orange on my face it looks just ugly , cakey

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Request: My Current Foundation Routine and Blue,Brown and Gold Evening look by Toni3luv

Top Rated MAC Products