August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by luvdempretties

Studio sculpt is my number 1 foundation, I have tried all MAC foundations & this is by far the best for me. I use it with the MAC sponge or the MAC foundation brush for a perfect finish. Only downside is on a hot day & after all day wear it can slide off at the forehead, suggest a good primer & set with powder for the long wear days.. Great buildable coverage & gives a dewy finish without making me breakout... love it

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this foundation hence I said I would repurchase but probably if I did not find a better substitute as there are a few cons. first of all the packaging is brilliant. application is very easy it goes in very smooth (gel based) and builds up well without becoming too cakey. the colouring is a bit funny I usually wear nc37 but was an nc30 in this foundation. besides having SPF it photographs well. however it does tend to stick to dry patches of skin and really exaggerates them. it also is difficult to use this and cover really purple red acne scares as it does not really disguise the purple tones.it also does not last very well tbh. I wore this with the mac prep and primer base visage, Mac Pro set powder very lightly and urban decay all nighter spray. but it did just about 5 hours which is a first for my dry skin where foundation can last beyond 10 on without powder or spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Amdsalinas

I love this foundation! It's my favorite from MAC! It's a full coverage foundation comparing to the coverage you get from the Studio Fix Fluid. It gives you the same coverage but does not dry out your face, it gives you a more dewey complexion and does not show every crease or line on your face. It's light and does not weigh down your face. It comes in a convenient squeeze tube and is a must have for MAC lovers with dry skin! 💋

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

Everytime the MAC MUA put this on me...it looked crap. They literally painted it on amd made me look like an alien. One day I thought "I think I can make this foundation look way better" so I bought it in NC37. I realised it has a bit of oil in it and gel formula so I figured it need a silky sort of primer. I usually use Revlons or MACs primers but I put it with Rimmels primer. Contoured ...highlighted n bloody hell Wow. This stuff is friggin AHMMMAAZZZZIIINGGG! It makes ur skin look silky smooth n flawless...absolutely phenomenal coverage. I use a good moisturuser ...primer n the blend it in with a buffing brush. To secure it, use a loose powder or mattifying powder etc. Some people say it settles in ur fine lines... I have quite a few lines near my eyes but I keep foundation off them... if u powder it properly it wont be half as bad. Staying power is sadly weak because it has oil. Do blot, use a powder to set and try the fix+ spray by Mac with it. I love studio fix because it stays on all day BUT the coverage n look of this foundation beats it. Im determined that I will make it last 6hours without budging much...when I have achieved it, I will notify all. For the sheer perfection of this foundation...i give it 4stars...nothing makes my skin look as good! C4.5 in Studio fix combo skin, oily nose (damn pores) buy buy buy!! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 8:44:00 PM More reviews by skywardwishes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I visited my local MAC counter to try out a foundation, and the saleswoman helped me choose one to sample. I wanted a fairly thick foundation that wouldn't cake up and that I could use with my beauty blender.
The problems started at the color matching, where the lightest shade they offer is Nc/Nw 15. NC15 was too cool for my skin tone, so we went with NW15. I noticed a strange smell when she was color matching me, but I appributed it to the makeup remover she used on the lower half of my face.
I work in a hot environment and my usual foundation (the Covergirl Clean Whipped) has a tendency to rub off around my nose. I was hoping this foundation would stay put without being too noticable, but I was in for a shock...
First, when I applied it it blended well, however the smell was nearly unbearable. The foundation never set enough to comfortbly apply powder on top (I like a matte face), so that made my face look cakey at the start of the day. I was willing to try another day until I went to reapply my lipstick after my lunch break. I was so horrified to find out that the foundation had settled into the tiny creases under my eyes, exaggerate every dry patch on my face, and even creased on my forehead (Where the skin has NO wrinkles). To make matters worse, the foundation ended up turning an AWFUL orange color that was far too dark for my skin tone. And yes, the foundation on my nose ended up rubbing off anyways.
I'm so glad I only got the sample of this, I would have returned it immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination, acne prone skin with acne scars and visual pores. I usually only breakout on my checks. this foundation is one of my favorites. because the foundation leaves a Dewey look. I use studio sculpt when my face is feeling dry. yes it is a but tricky to blend, however where there is a will there is a way. I spray the fix+ spray over the foundation as I am blending it in and it does the trick. another thing I do is, I use the strobe cream over my primer. Again, first I apply primer then the strobe cream. I wait about fifteen minutes. after fifteen minutes I apply the fountain with an angled brush. if foundation feels too thick I spray fix+ to soften it up a little. I reapply in areas where more coverage is needed. once foundation has dried about 15 minutes I set make up with Mac pressed powder. this product does deliver a dewy look I do not use it for long days nor in hot days. this is a product I use usually any season except summer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Ravenn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tried this foundation out at the MAC counter. It's perfect in terms of matching to my skin color and the consistency is lovely for my skin. That's where the positives end. I tried this foundation on my jaw and my forehead, and I broke out BAD in those spots a day later. I'm only grateful I didn't buy this product, so I didn't waste any money on it. So far, I've just had the worst skin reactions to MAC products. So I'm totally staying away from MAC from here on out. Just a warning to others who have very sensitive skin like I do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:57:00 AM More reviews by makeupjie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My first M.A.C product. Along with the natural powder with white packaging. Brought them two or three years ago. The SA did color match for me, but only turned out to be too orangey and yellow! And base makeup broke me out. And what is worse, the foundation stick to my dry patches (combination skin). I then changed to chanel vitalumiere aqua, and no more break outs (at least not caused by makeup). This experience keeps me away from M.A.C product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Eliana0923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really does what it says it's going to do, love it, gives a nice dewy-ness and it's perfect to apply with a dampened sponge or brush and stays on, the shades are nice and it really gives full coverage, although I wouldn't recommened this for people with dry skin as it may just bring out the dryness (patches) more than even before they're was any foundation put on, other than that it is a good product and would def. recommend to people with normal skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is kinda eh to me. In macs pro longwear im a nc15, but this seems to run light. After I put my powder over top its fine, but thats annoying.

This foundation is very thick in texture (it is a gel base) but it feels heavy on my skin. Its also more sheer, which I find kind of strange for its consistency and feel. It is buildable though. I'd say its for drier skin types as it is very dewy and needs to be set. And I like dewy foundation. I even use a dewy setting spray, but this is very damp looking at first.

Overall, if you dont mind a heavier feeling foundation and like a dewy look this is great. I wouldnt wear it in the summer, but for our dry MN winters its nice.