December 21, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Quadra - 14 Mystic Eyes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 6:30:00 AM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first Chanel eyeshadow...I like the lighter 3 colours, don't see myself using the darkest brown too much...unfortunately the 3 colours that I like are not that well pigmented. It is much lighter after application, which makes it more suitable for daywear. The combination of colours is lovely, but due to the pigments I won't be repurchasing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This is my first Chanel quad, and I do not know why I waited so long to get one. The colors are fabulous. They all go together really well (that's my eye in the pictures), and stay for a full 10 hours (maybe even longer, I just take my makeup off by then) over primer. They have a subtle shimmer that isn't over the top, just enough to keep the colors from looking flat. The US version has a .24oz net weight, which means each shade is .06oz, the same size (or I think maybe even bigger) as a MAC shadow. I am in love with this quad, and hope they never d/c it. There will be many more Chanel quads in my stash very soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 9:04:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I feel spoilt for life by this quad; I thought I just could not pull off eye shadow until I got it. Will I ever find another set of e/s that blend as beautifully, stay put for as long w/o primer, AND come in such versatile, wearable colors?

I have already used this quad to create looks for work and nights out with friends. Truth be told, I will be wearing these shadows at my wedding next month. Expensive for sure but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by teago

Absolutely gorgeous!

Gorgeous packaging and selection of colours.
Can make a neutral eye, or a darker smokey eye or each shadow can be used on there own as a wash which is what I like about an eyeshadow!

I dont know what else to say that hasnt already been said!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by catpower9

This is the best quad ever. I use every color. The combo can give a subtle look to a dreamy smokey eye. I love it so much that I plan to buy another for back up. I have cool coloring in a MAC NW 20 range bit this would work on a various skin tones of fair to med dark complexions. I do think it is expensive but it is one makeup eye compact I use most often.

This looks great on various hair color, eye color and skin tone.

I hope this is never discontinued .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by kaylnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this Chanel eyeshadow quad! The first time I saw it was on a youtube makeup tutorial. I went to the makeup counter and I have to say it was the prettiest quad of them all. Very versatile with all the colors, can be worn many different ways. Must have for the makeup junkie! Pricy but worth it......

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by marie28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this quad by Chanel! There is so much versatility with the combination of colors. I use the med.brown/bronze shade during the day for a soft, smokey eye. If I want to feel a bit more glamorous, I'll line my eyes with the Chanel espresso eyeliner and smudge it with the dark brown shade, increasing the color towards the outer corner of my eyes. The pink shadow is a beautiful highlighter. No one can go wrong buying this quad...it's expensive, but worth every penny!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by Mac789

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a general rule, I do not buy eyeshadow quads, because they seem to uniformly contain at least one color for which I have no use. Although I have been known to purchase a quad or palette for a single color, these purchases tend to occur at much lower price point than the Chanel quads sport.

When I first saw Mystic Eyes, I figured that two of the four colors were useless. The mid-tone, milk chocolate brown and the light pink are nothing I wear, and yet, in that mania that overtakes the shopper who lives 100 miles from a decent store, I bought it anyway.

Turns out that the mid-tone brown has a greenish cast to it (a plus) and looks wonderful washed over the silvery shade. The pink is a highlighter color with very little pigment (a plus) and gets as much use as the rest of the shades.

When I first started using Chanel shadows, I had some issues with application. Certain of them--and this is true of the Mystic Eyes quad--had little payoff using a brush, didn't spread well with a sponge, causing me to apply them with my fingers. This works, although it seems sloppy and inelegant. Other Chanel shadows have too much payoff (Silvery) and warrant a brush application.

I was worried that the silver color might be too light for my pale skin; it isn't, and when washed with the brown it is glorious, a combination of icy and warm tones that reflects greens, golds, silvers, and blues. The dark chocolate color is a superb liner when used wet, and it lasts all day without flaking or smudging.

The quad has impressive versatility, making for a number of looks. Any two of the shadows can be paired off for a duo-tone look. All four can be used at once, or you can join three together; they all work together without any tonal clash. They can be used dry for daytime or wet for night, or, as I use it, dry for wash and wet for lining. As is true with all Chanel shadows, there is no glitter, only reflection.

This is a cool/warm palette that should suit most skin tones. Highly recommended and well worth the price. continued >>

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took a while for this quad to grow on me. The first few times I applied it I thought it was not working. I then applied the palette with a primer (Mac paint pot in Bare Study) and it just turned into HG material. It can be used for day time or for night time (the darker colours look just amazing with hazel eyes).

The eyeshadows last all day and do not crease. Highly recommended!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by daisy888

It has been years since I have purchased eyeshadow from Chanel. I had a few quads back in the day, but then ended up regretting most of my purchases as from what I remember, they were not all that pigmented considering the cost and then stayed clear of Chanel prodcuts for a long time. Well, I recently decided I wanted a nice neutral palette that wasn't plain brown. I looked at the Dior quints, Shiseido duos and Chanel quads (I wanted something with nice packaging!) and came across this. Well... i have learned a very valuable lesson in make-up shopping, and that is to resist impulse purchases and take a couple of weeks to consider my options. This quad is perfect! It is neutral, as many others have mentioned, consists of a pale pink shade, a shimmery taupe-y silver colour, an antique bronze-ish brown and a deep plummy brown. Funny enough, I was worried that the silver shade would not work on my olive skintone, as many greys simply do not, but it did since the shimmer gives it some dimension and it's a somewhat warm silver colour. The pale pink colour isn't quite as pigmented as I would have liked, but the other three go on very pigmented and true to the colour you see in the pan. Having used Benefit fy eye and a MAC shadestick as a base, as i do with all my shadows, the colours stayed put through a 12 hour day with minimal creasing on the inner corner but no slipping. And the application was super easy as all the colours blended very easily. There was a fair amount of fall out, but nothing Scotch tape cannot remedy! I will definitely repurchase this again as neutral has never looked so good!.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No