Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/4/2015 1:35:00 AM

Stay away if you have fine lines under eyes/ running from nose to mouth. It dries too matte and will exaggerate those lines. Not too effective in covering pores either ( guess this is without silicone). Using a brush with circular and anti circular motion helps concealing those pores on the cheek better than just using fingers.

Light to medium coverage.

I am using this just on the cheek, and shiseido powder all over the face afterwards.

on 1/25/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

pros:
- semi matte finish
- match color
- no breakout
- blurry effect (pores)
- cheap!!
- medium coverage
- last for 3-4 hrs
- great oil control

cons:
- oxidize (sometimes); used for summer only
- i cant put any colored powder underneath, it made my face a little bit darker, i suggested that you better use this with translucent powder since its oxidize

on 1/18/2015 5:20:00 AM

I have tried so many other "cheap" brands of foundation and nothing compares! It's good coverage and it lasts so long, especially for someone who wears make up everyday. Only downfall is that the bottle is glass, so it makes getting the bits that won't come up the tube nearly impossible!

on 1/16/2015 7:40:00 PM

WOW! Move over all other foundations I've used before. I've recently decided to stop spending $$$ on make up and skin care products so I checked out the reviews and decided to try this product. I love this foundation above all the others I have in my arsenal right now (Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effects; Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish; Marcelle BB Cream; Physician's Formula Super BB: L'oreal BB cream). This foundation outperforms them all and never gives me any grief. I have this in Light (2) and though it looks pretty dark in the bottle it's the perfect shade for my fair/slightly ruddy complexion. One pump dispenses just a little amount, which is all I need to provide sufficient coverage, and it blends perfectly - never cakey, never emphasizes any flakey areas, stays fairly matte throughout the day, doesn't melt off my oily prone skin, lasts all day, doesn't change colour, and makes my skin look amazing. (I added a photo to show you. I'll be 56 in a few months. :-) )

on 1/12/2015 11:36:00 PM

This is a really good foundation. It covers nicely and it leaves a nice, natural finish. I bought this product years ago and after using many other foundations, i decided to go back to this one. I did not remember what foundation color i bought last time but i decided to get Light because my foundations of other brands were also Light. I tried it on and i immediately relized that it was MUCH darker than light. it looked more like a medium. But if you pick the right color then it is an AMAZING foundation and i recommend it.

on 12/31/2014 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVES: pump bottle for sanitary delivery; natural-looking shades for fair-medium skin colors; light feel on skin; light-medium, buildable coverage; no detectable odor; does not irritate my skin or cause acne.

DEAL-BREAKERS: none

COLOR REFERENCE: I have tricky neutral skin color with both pink and yellow undertones. Kind of similar to the late Princess Diana's English-y Caucasian tone. My skin doesn't tan too easily nor too deeply at all.

I can wear two colors in the LIGHT color spectrum: Nude Beige Light 3.5 (pinker) and Nude Light 4 (yellower). Both look good on me, each highlighting a different undertone in my face. I'm probably more partial to the Nude as it seems to both neutralize the red better and give me a bit of a healthy glow or warmth to my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Shocked at all the low reviews. I have sensitive skin and have a hard time finding the correct shade. The shade I got in this was perfect. It looks nagural. Not too heavy. Buildable. I love a natural look. Never thought to try this in the past cause of all of the bad reviews. Glad I did.

Edit :1/2/15 I enjoy mixing this with the Mac studio sculpt foundation. Perfect. & I set with cover girl loose powder.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Oxidized immediately. Highlights my enlarged pores and wrinkles. No staying power, comes off with barely touching my face. Midway through a 12 hour shift (I basically work out for a living) lots of sweating and dirt, it seems to turn into a greasy, filthy mess and what hasn't slipped into your pores, slides down your face. Powder will not save this foundation. Horrible.

on 12/6/2014 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Seems like the hunt for the perfect foundation will continue forever. I was frustrated by some really, really bad color matches made for me at the counters of high end brands so I took to the drug store. This foundation is one I hadn't really seen a lot of buzz about but the color looked better than the sample of Double Long Wear I had in my purse so I bought it. It comes in a glass container with a pump and dispenses the product reasonably (neither too much or too little) and I can ease up on the pump action to get just a smidge. Pause here to muse on why some high end foundations don't have such pumps if they can be included on a product which costs a fraction... Anyway, the color Caramel - Dark 2 looked ashy right out of the bottle but not on the skin. The coverage is medium to full and easily built up to full where needed. For the first application I didn't use a bullet-proof pore filling primer and had some orange peely areas which I fixed with a light rub of setting powder. Powder on top of the satin finish was a bit much until I set it with UD Chill setting spray. Despite building it up in some areas and adding powder I wore it comfortably for over 8 hours without once feeling like I had a ton of makeup on. When I looked in the mirror I could see it, if you know what I mean, but not in a horrible way. It doesn't look like skin in the areas you build up but it's a rare foundation that does when its piled on. I had the usual glow about the nose and found a blotter sheet works better than powder to eliminate shine. It did move a bit when I applied my bronzer after the setting powder so I now set it with a setting spray before going on with blush and bronzer. I used a brush but this is the type of foundation you can grab when you want to run out of the house quickly for an errand and need something you can smear on with your fingers. It reminds me of Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24 (but isn't as drying) in that respect. Because it moved after it was supposed to have set I wouldn't chance this without at least one pass of setting spray. Pleasantly surprised by this foundation.

on 11/30/2014 4:33:00 PM

I bought this foundation a little while ago and only needed one use from it to decide I hated it. I did use it for a little while after that because the drugstore was out of my shade in my normal foundation so I needed a backup until I could get my usual stuff. The lightest shade wasnt light enough for me and it oxidized and turned me orange. It didn't cover up anything really and made my skin dry. The good thing is that it does have a pump, if I remember correctly the pump didn't have a lock on it so if the lid fell off in your makeup bag, it could easily get everywhere. It was also nicely priced but not even worth it.