Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

3.3

Ingredients for MAYBELLINE DREAM LIQUID MOUSSE FOUNDATION: Water (Aqua), Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, PEG 9, Aluminum Hydroxide, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 11/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

What is with Maybelline and their foundations? I swear they cannot be color blind in the development lab because ivory and the other shades are not pink or orange. So why the shade confusion? I swear that every foundation is tinged with those hues or eventually become that on your face. This product is no exception. So, what did I find right about it? The packaging is simple. It blends easily. As far as airbrushed goes, no it didn't make my complexion look pore less. And it was oily in texture. I don't know why cosmetic companies think that dry skinned individuals need to have a ton of oil in their products because they don't. The only reason I wanted to try this was because when I typed in Maybelline foundations for sensitive skin, this came up. I will say it did not irritate my skin but it had no other redeeming qualities either.

on 11/4/2014 5:22:00 PM

I absolutely am in love with this foundation !!! I've tryed pretty much every drugstore foundation there is over the years. And really I think this is the best one!! I have oily combination skin and this is the only foundation that doesn't wear off or slide off my face even without a face primer. It really does give you a airbrush finish this foundation and a beauty blender !! Omg beautiful flawless finish. Its a medium to full coverage foundation it hides my redness acne and acne scares ! The only complaint I have is that this foundation has a very pink undertone! :( It was so pink that it was almost looked red.. I had to mix it with a very ivory colored foundation with a neutral undertone to even it out maybe I'll get a different color next time and hopefully the undertone isn't so pink other then that I LOVE this foundation.

on 10/29/2014 4:49:00 PM

Pros:
-Blends easily
-Twist and lock top that prevents the product from leaking
-Natural finish, good for oily skin bc it doesnt make your skin look oily
-Good coverage

Cons:
-Makes dry skin or peeling visible
-Doesn't last very long

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go-to foundation.
I think it depends on how you apply it that it looks "cakey". Less is more with this foundation. I use BB creme and concealer under my foundation sometimes and whether I use the BB creme or not, my skin looks flawless and I use my fingers to apply my foundation.

It's kind of pricey but not bank-breaking but considering how long mine lasts (2-3 months).

I love the glass bottle with the pump lid and I love you can lock the pump. It won't leak in my suitcase!

All in all, I would reccommend this product to anyone who was looking to try something to make their skin look photoshop smooth.

on 10/8/2014 10:56:00 AM

Ok, so there are plenty of bad reviews, and I understand why. You need to use a primer with all makeup foundation you use. It reduces oxidization, and makes the skin even. This product, when used correctly, is wonderful! Before this I was using mineral powder, and my friends politely informed me that it's coverage was not great. After I made the switch to this, I received many compliments and I enjoy it too. If you are a person with oily skin, powder your nose and forehead lightly after application. Blot throughout the day if necessary.
One con I'd like to discuss is the color options. They don't have light shades, and I'm very fare. I lightly powder and that makes it a little better.

on 10/7/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! Makes your skin look so pretty! My shade is Medium 2 pure beige and I love the way it makes my skin feel. The texture is perfect. It's not too runny just right. If you haven't tried it I would definitely recommend you to give it a try!

on 9/25/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Awful, so bad it's actually one of the worst I've ever used.
For one, I used their lightest color and it's so dark it makes me look dirty. It clings to any dryness and makes pores look huge. No matter how little you try to use it looks cakey.

on 9/25/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try this because the bottle says 'MOUSSE Airbrush finish'. I thought it might be a lightweight finish, but it's the opposite. It's so cakey, it settles into the textures of my skin. Even with Benefit Porefessional primer, I saw some lines I've never even noticed before!

on 9/18/2014 5:33:00 PM

I bought this foundation after reading the review on Beautypedia and saw it got a Best rating. It's not a bad foundation, it provides light to medium coverage and probably best for normal to slightly oily skin. I used a light dusting of powder over top and it did look really good for a while. I was disappointed my pores began to stand out after a while but maybe a different primer will help. The color selection is terrible. I got the lightest shade, porcelain ivory and it definitely had a pink tinge to it, the next shade up classic ivory had a yellow tinge. I found it applied better with a brush.

on 9/16/2014 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is very smooth and light. It feels really nice on my skin. My only problems would be that none of the colors match my skin, it's kind of difficult to blend, it didn't last very long, and it made my patches of dry skin stand out. I was disappointed because I thought it would be great for my dry skin with the creamy, seemingly hydrating texture, but it was not. Honestly, I think the product would have worked better for me if I didn't have such dry skin. For those with dry skin like me, I'd keep looking for a different product.