November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*EDIT* I'm sorry to stay that I can no longer wear Mauve It Over as it has begun to goop up on my lips. I'm really bummed about this because I absolutely love it otherwise :( I've dropped the score from a perfect 5 down to 3.

Mauve it Over has replaced MAC's Velvet Teddy as my most amazing lipstick...I didn't think this was possible...when I wear Velvet Teddy get complements from women AND men about how great my lips are (and my lips really aren't anything special, it's the lipstick that makes them look amazing)...what woman doesn't love that? But Mauve it Over gets the complements, it flatters my complexion more and the formula is better (doesn't dry out my lips, wears wonderfully and I can sheer it out), it goes with everything, no scent or taste...oh, and it's less expensive, what's not to love? I've got several tubes and plan on repurchasing forever.

Compared to MAC's Velvet Teddy:
    Not the same color although very similar (Velvet Teddy is touch more brown), different enough that I'll keep a tube of Velvet Teddy even though Mauve it Over will get more wear. Mauve it Over seems to pick up a little peach and hence, work with the ruddy parts of my super pale skin better, like another reviewer said, seems to brighten my face (Velvet Teddy doesn't do that). I also agree that I don't quite know where Revlon gets "mauve" from...it's more of a browned-peach-nude on me. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by catpopulation

I have 2 favorites from revlon first one is this beautiful mauve color (nude with a little hint of orange) and the other one is into the red (gorgeous dark red color)
    mauve is a match made in heaven for my skin tone, this seems to brighten up my complexion, and at the same time looks very natural, LOVE THIS

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by christialle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In the tube, Mauve it Over looks quite brown, but on a swatch, you can see the orange/peach undertone more clearly. This works on me ONLY if I cover up all redness and pink undertones in my skin, then it is okay, perhaps not the most flattering, but a wearable darker nude.

If you have a warmer skin tone (neutral/yellow), I think this would be fabulous. The formulation is good, though I like my mattes with a bit more staying power, but if you like sheer, moisturizing lipstick but with a matte texture, you will love this.

I wish Revlon expanded their color line in matte, and made it more widely available. It is so hard to find this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a lovely lipstick, but where Revlon gets "mauve" from is anybody's guess. It's more of a pink with a slight brown tinge to it. I didn't even realise it was called mauve until I looked at the name when I came home as the tester looked pink.It's matte but not drying, It has a very slight gloss to it which makes it glide on easily.I also have this in pink pout which reminds me of my Mac creme cup lipstick. The mac one is more glossy as it is a cremesheen. Lovely lipsticks , great price ,as good as the high end ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

OMG I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! I have found my perfect nude, finally! The color is not at all mauve. It's more of a slight brown with a pinkish tone. As far as the texture goes, it glides on smoothly, which surprised me. Usually matte lipsticks are a bit chalky. My lips are very pigmented and this color doesnt wash me out or make my lips look brownish. Ulta was also having a sale so i got it for only $3!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Update: So it seems Revlon have discontinued this now. I mean seriously? The most wearable shade in the matte line- why do you do this to us?!?!?

Whoever put 'Mauve' in the name of this was either colourblind or having a laugh- there is not a hint of mauve in this, not even a teeny tiny ickle smidgen of it, unless of course by mauve you mean brown :)

The colour of Mauve it Over is a warm mid-brownish nude. It isn't light, it isn't dark it is right slap bang in the middle. There is maybe the slightest bit of coral/orange to it on my lips. It is a matte formula with no shimmers or sparkles of any kind. I have to admit if I had only seen this in store I would have passed it by- but Lisa Eldridge (who is essentially my cosmetic messiah) is a big fan of this shade and in some ways I think you only really get to 'know' your makeup when you try a bit of everything, not just what immediately catches your eye.

So, formula- It feels lovely and soft- you won't find this tugging on your lips to achieve a decent coverage. It is quite pigment rich and, crucially, it applies really evenly without needing loads of 'work' to get it to look good. I found with Nude Attitude (another shade in this line) you really need a brush but M.I.O is surprisingly low maintenance. It blends really fantastically with my natural lip colour and feels quite lightweight.

I really do like this lipstick; it is quite "90's" but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Provided you don't pair it with heavy lip liner and brown tones everywhere else- it has the potential to be part of a chic modern look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So my holy grail lipstick is MAC Kinda Sexy ..it is the perfect nudey pink and covers my pigmented lips perfectly. I was curious to see if their were any dupes for it and came across this one. It is very similar although Kinda sexy is a little more pinkish. This color will work on any skintone and cover any pigmentation really well. Really worth the price & I can use this one daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMFFGGGGG THIS IS MY PERFECT LIP COLOR!!!!!!
    ITS MATTE!
    ITS MY PERFECT NUDE!!!!!!!!!
    ITS DRUGSTORE!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS CHEAP!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh its so perfect and its not the kind of nude that makes me look ghostly:D LOVELOVELOVE , Gonna get an extra one of this to put in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My natural lip colour is darker than this, so this made me look rather dull, especially since it's matte. I used a lip stain underneath, and alternatively have also mixed some darker lipsticks to make it look a little better. Lip gloss also appears to help, but i guess that defeats the purpose of having a matte lipstick.

It's a lot creamier and softer than my other Revlon mattes. Strangely, it also seems to be dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Jloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick today and i love it!!! i heard about all the reviews and i had been searching for a pretty nude lipstick for days!! the color is very pretty and natural. It makes your lips feel moisturized and makes them look fuller and plumpier! i think it would suit any skintone and even if you have pigmented lips this is for you! i highly reccommend this lipstick!