August 1, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte lipstick in Mauve It Over

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ToriaM

OMG I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK! I have found my perfect nude, finally! The color is not at all mauve. It's more of a slight brown with a pinkish tone. As far as the texture goes, it glides on smoothly, which surprised me. Usually matte lipsticks are a bit chalky. My lips are very pigmented and this color doesnt wash me out or make my lips look brownish. Ulta was also having a sale so i got it for only $3!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Whoever put 'Mauve' in the name of this was either colourblind or having a laugh- there is not a hint of mauve in this, not even a teeny tiny ickle smidgen of it, unless of course by mauve you mean brown :)

The colour of Mauve it Over is a warm mid-brownish nude. It isn't light, it isn't dark it is right slap bang in the middle. There is maybe the slightest bit of coral/orange to it on my lips. It is a matte formula with no shimmers or sparkles of any kind. I have to admit if I had only seen this in store I would have passed it by- but Lisa Eldridge (who is essentially my cosmetic messiah) is a big fan of this shade and in some ways I think you only really get to 'know' your makeup when you try a bit of everything, not just what immediately catches your eye.

So, formula- It feels lovely and soft- you won't find this tugging on your lips to achieve a decent coverage. It is quite pigment rich and, crucially, it applies really evenly without needing loads of 'work' to get it to look good. I found with Nude Attitude (another shade in this line) you really need a brush but M.I.O is surprisingly low maintenance. It blends really fantastically with my natural lip colour and feels quite lightweight.

I really do like this lipstick; it is quite "90's" but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Provided you don't pair it with heavy lip liner and brown tones everywhere else- it has the potential to be part of a chic modern look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell1019

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So my holy grail lipstick is MAC Kinda Sexy ..it is the perfect nudey pink and covers my pigmented lips perfectly. I was curious to see if their were any dupes for it and came across this one. It is very similar although Kinda sexy is a little more pinkish. This color will work on any skintone and cover any pigmentation really well. Really worth the price & I can use this one daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

OMFFGGGGG THIS IS MY PERFECT LIP COLOR!!!!!!
ITS MATTE!
ITS MY PERFECT NUDE!!!!!!!!!
ITS DRUGSTORE!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS CHEAP!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh its so perfect and its not the kind of nude that makes me look ghostly:D LOVELOVELOVE , Gonna get an extra one of this to put in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by melam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My natural lip colour is darker than this, so this made me look rather dull, especially since it's matte. I used a lip stain underneath, and alternatively have also mixed some darker lipsticks to make it look a little better. Lip gloss also appears to help, but i guess that defeats the purpose of having a matte lipstick.

It's a lot creamier and softer than my other Revlon mattes. Strangely, it also seems to be dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Jloves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought this lipstick today and i love it!!! i heard about all the reviews and i had been searching for a pretty nude lipstick for days!! the color is very pretty and natural. It makes your lips feel moisturized and makes them look fuller and plumpier! i think it would suit any skintone and even if you have pigmented lips this is for you! i highly reccommend this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Spend a lot of time and money finding a nude lipstick that fit me, and HERE IT IS. I'm kinda fair so when I put the nude lipstick on, it make me look like, i dont know.... Dead person??? But with this one, I'm alive. Natural, elegant, I'm falling in love with it:)))))

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by 90sprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is EXACTLY my lip color. I was going through my make up and trying to minimize my collection, and I was pretty close to throwing this lipstick away. Nothing is wrong with it (I love the Revlon Matte line), but I never use it because it matches my lip color perfectly, so why bother? I put it on to make sure I didn't want to keep it, and changed my mind. It evens out my lips and makes me look more polished so I'll keep it on hand. It's a nice formula and I love matte lips. I doubt I'll be reaching for it very much, but it's nice to have just in case. I think for someone with darker skin than myself this would make the perfect, natural-looking nude, and I highly recommend it. It's just way too close to my natural lip color to really do anything for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick. I got the shade sight unseen from a popular beauty wholesale website. I first heard about it through Lisa Eldridge's videos. When I saw the shade in the tube, I was worried it'd be a bit too dark for my pigmented lips and would look too drab but I'm really happy to report that it's the perfect MLBB shade. When I first put it on I asked my mom what she thought about my lipstick and she just said "It doesn't look like you put anything on."
When I look at it, it looks like an opaque beigey coral color, the shade looks incredibly natural on me, no lip liner needed.
However, the best part about it is it isn't a pink nude! I have tons of nude pink and beige pink lipsticks. With my complexion (MAC NC 35-40) corals look more natural and that's why I'm so happy with this lipstick!
The shade "Mauve it over" is completely misleading as there is no mauve, purple or grey in this AT ALL.
The formula is a bit drying though, I will admit. It dries on my lips to a matte powdery finish but I still feel a bit of a creaminess when I rub my lips together. It does wear a very long time so I'm happy with that. It does accentuate flakes and go into the lip lines (which I have a lot of) so you have to exfoliate and moisturize before putting this on. Sometimes I use my face or eye primer on my lips before and it works well at keeping it looking smooth.
I want to mention that even if you pair this with a lip balm or a gloss, it'll still go into your lip lines if you have a general problem with matte lipsticks doing that (I do). You have to remove it, moisturize, blot, then reapply. It doesn't clump though (a huge problem I have with most matte lipsticks), so I'm keeping it!
*Edit* I just wanted to mention the prohibitive price of Revlon where I live. It's like $10 here (exchange rate) for this lipstick. WTF Revlon? Seriously.

If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 8:26:00 PM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I absolutely LOVE this lipstick! I reach for it over my pricier lipsticks because of the texture. It is matte, meaning no shimmer no sheen but it is not drying whatsoever.