October 23, 2014 | 1184 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - concealer brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at CVS for about $2.50 on Clearance.

I already have (and prefer) my beloved Everyday minerals Eye kabuki, but this is an admirable concealer brush to have on hand. It does a great job feathering out concealer without irritating my eyes. Also cream for cream eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by TwinkleTwilight

I use a mixture of foundation and concealer on my face because layering makes my skin look cakey, along with the fact that I put on powder afterwards. Also, I use my products sparingly, so the areas where I needed to use my mixture were small, blemished, red areas or undereye circles, so I bought the concealer brush.
This brush performs very well, it blends extremely well, is soft even though not too loose or flappy, which is good because the skin under my eye is sensitive. Overall, I would buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by emilily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the five pieces set and so far this is my favourite out of all the brushes! It was so much fun to use, I dotted concealer on my face and then used the brush to spread/stipple it over blemishes. It turned out fantastic and it was so easy to do, the brush was dense and firm, but did not feel uncomfortable on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore this brush and received it when I purchased the 5-piece set (I figured it made more sense to review each brush separately). I agree with one reviewer that the bristles feel a bit stiff, especially when compared to the other brushes in the set but I believe this is something that will change when I first wash the brush or use it over time. It blends liquid concealer very well and I also use it to dab a bit of my powder foundation around the red areas of my nose and where old blemishes are. It is a high quality brush that feels light in the hand, but not flimsy. The price is also great considering the quality. I highly recommend this entire line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the Ecotools brush line. Hate their packaging. (See my other Ecotools reviews for that rant.)

This is a review for the 1230 concealer brush that can be purchased individually. It is a bit larger than the brush that comes in the 5 piece brush set.

I use this to build a extra layer of my mineral foundation (Honeybee Gardens) over blemishes and around my nose. It's also good for cleaning up around my eye area. It washes up well with shampoo, although I wipe it with a damp washcloth after each use. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by ericaXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Iv never had a concealer brush this large before but im officially a convert! The quality is amazing (as are all the eco tools brushes) and covers wonderfully. I use this brush with my MAC studio finish concealer and its perfect. It picks up a little product and apply's a nice thin layer and gives it an airbrushed look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this brush as part of the 5-piece set but I would not purchase separately. In fact, I love the rest of the set but through this brush away. The bristles are so stiff that they actually hurt my face! Plus it's a bit large for a concealer brush. Bummer, I like the rest of the set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I received this from a swap and this brush comes from one of the 5 piece set. This is a pretty nice brush and to begin with, I have the Bobbi Brown's, Coastal Scents Synthetic bristles one and a random brand synthetic bristle e/s brush which I actully use for concealer.

Out of all I have, I like Bobbi Brown's over this when I need to cover some smaller face blemishes as it has a smaller brush tip than the Ecotools and allow more precise application.

As for undereye concealer purpose, Ecotool's wins out Bobbi Brown's for this being slightly softer and is good for blending my concealer our by dabbing outwards. However, the coverage is a bit heavier than the random brand synthetic bristle e/s brush I own probably becasue of the thickness. The Ecotools is thicker in terms of the bristles - mind you I'm not talking abt the bristle width span - try checking out the brush from sideway and you should get what I mean. I have to be mroe careful when loading the brush with concealer. On the bright side, because of the brush thickness, I can actually go into the eye corner easily with the brush sideway. Anyway, the Ecotools is not pricky against my skin, while the other one is pricky occassionally depending on the angle of application when using the stupid brush.

As for the Coastal Scents Synthetic bristles one, I think it totally cannot compare with any of the brushes I mentioned. The bristles is pricky on my skin. Also, it has a much wider bristle span the Ecotools. Maybe good for larger blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I like this brush because it's not miniscule like every other concealer brush out there. It's very full, not flat and is super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Kitten27

This brush is of excellence quality. The hair on the brush is very soft, doesn't bleed dye, and doesn't shed. The brush itself it larger than most concealer brushes but it's great for blending concealer under the eyes and around the nose. For the price, quality is superb.