L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth 26, Decyl Glucoside, Parfum/Fragrance, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 7, Polyquaternium 10, Methylparaben, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oceate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11 15 Pareth 7, Benzophenone 3, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Glycerin, Trideceth 12, Laureth 9, Linalool, Tocopherol, Limonene, C12 13 Pareth 23, C12 13 Pareth 3, Benzyl Alcohol, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rosmarinus Officinalis Oil (Rosemary), Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 7/18/09

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I have fine, wavy hair and not a lot of it, so almost anything can weigh my hair down pretty easily. Since I have highlights and they're prone to fading, I thought I'd try something sulfate free to keep to color from fading. Washed my hair with it and let my hair air-dry as usual. My hair has never been left so flat and lifeless! I mean my hair is thin but this shampoo made it look 10 times worse. I would not recommend this to anyone, unless you have naturally amazingly bouncy voluminous hair and you could stand to lose some volume. I could wear a hat for hours and smush my hair down and it wouldn't be that flat. Never used a worse shampoo!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have to add my two thumbs down to all the negative reviews for this shampoo. Everything bad that is in every other reviewer's comments is exactly right. This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. As background: I have the driest hair on the planet (permed, colored, blow dried, curling ironed) so I was hoping that this product would A) Moisturize my hair and B) Make my color last longer. I have only used this product twice and could already see and feel the negative results (and did not need to try it again!). After the first wash, I noticed that my color had faded quite significantly, something that it does not do with any other shampoo I have ever used. (It usually doesn't start to fade that badly until the second week. For reference, I use a semi-permanent color.) After the second use of this product, the gray roots were completely showing through. It was almost as if this shampoo instantly washed the color out - something that has not happened with any other shampoo I've used. As to the moisturizing effect: Again, with my dry hair I expected it to feel softer; however, I did NOT expect the weighed down feeling that I got by the end of the first day after using this nor the greasy, dirty feeling the next morning. I have not had greasy-feeling hair since grade school! Now for the smell, this stuff smells HORRIBLE! It has an earthy, manly, pine-tree kind of smell that does, indeed, last and overpower any other product or perfume you may use. And the smell WILL last into the next day. The only good thing about this product is the pretty tube that it comes in (although I can tell that would be a negative as well once you get to the end of the tube because there will be no way to get all of the product out thereby wasting some). So, all in all, this stuff is going straight into the trash (I'd return it if I had the receipt) and I would definitely NOT recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I tried these a long while ago. I instantly hated the smell. It was such a deep smell that I felt like the scent was lingering around me all day like a bad odor. The line did nothing for my hair, and I believe I tried a few different ones. Specifically the ones in the green and purple container. I hated the line, period.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was recommended to me by the SA at Sally's. I fell in love with this from the first time I tried it, and I've been using it ever since. It leaves my hair soft and silky, and moisturizes it without making it flat or greasy. I can skip conditioner when I use this, and I've basically abandoned all of my other (higher end) shampoos. They are sitting in the cabinet collecting dust. I recommend this. For reference, my hair is long, straight and fine.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I love this line, and it gets the job done. My hair always feels silky and smooth. I have blonde hair with red highlights and it maintains them well. You technically don't even need to use conditioner. As for the smell, its not that bad as people make it out to be. I gave it a 3 because some of the chemicals seem to be misleading and that is my biggest con. I have to say though I have been using this product for a while and I haven't had any problems.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a wonderful sulfate free shampoo. Smells great, lathers well & works great. Does not dry out my hair or strip it of its oils but does clean well. Most sulfate free shampoos do not lather, this one does...and well! Also smells really nice & cost less than $6.

Highly recommended!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!! I've been using this shampoo and conditioner for about 2 weeks and my hair has been falling out like crazy! It has been breaking and the ends look like someone hacked them off with a pair of gardening shears! Don't waste your money.

This isn't really Sulfate-Free. Its kind of misleading which is why I'm giving it such a low rating. It cleans fine and I was able to comb my wet hair with no issues (using the accompanying conditioner).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a wonderful shampoo. I use it in combination with the conditioner in the same line. These products leave my dry, damaged hair feeling healthy after using. (no residue, no heavy feeling) I can actually run a comb through my hair. It feel clean, soft, and healthy. There are many higher priced items that don't work nearly as well as these. I highly recommend!! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very satisfied with this product--it smells great and it's sulfate-free. I've found that when I use a sulfate-free shampoo it is necessary to always use a conditioner. When I've used the conditioner afterwards, this product leaves my hair feeling smooth and shiny. I would definitely repurchase