October 24, 2014 | 1742 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick - Pink About It [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by DNS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love these matte lipsticks. I just find that you need to be sure your lips are well moisturized and that you blot it well after. GREAT Vintage look!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Due to the recs here, I bought this. If you are used to understated lips, this may be a little shocking, but if applied lightly, I think you will like the look. I actually hate red lips - I usually do a browner tone or MAC 'O', but this is a really pretty summer shade that it not too bright.

I also have the Mauve one, which is pretty, but I think it will be much better in the winter when I am super pale.

This shade is good with a tan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by candyrivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is such a great color! It's a bright coral pink, I'd say it was a warm tone lipstick as well. Whenever I wear this my grey eyes really pop for some reason. This makes my lips look so kissable and really brighten ups my face. I'm a N25 and it looks perfect. I think very fair and tanner tones would look great in this as well. I just think that this wouldn't really flatter cooler tones. The color pay off is good, I went about 3 hours after needing to reapply, that's with running errands and talking a lot. The down side I found it that you need to have conditioned lips before you apply this or it can emphasize lines and dryness. Also I would highly recommend wearing foundation/concealer or a lip insurance, because I found that this lipstick can be hard to "stick" onto lips, but no longer had this problem after applying foundation to my lips first. Also if you're hesitant or prefer something other than a red lip, this is a beautiful alternative. It gives you the same classic and classy effect. It think this is a great elegant and summer color. I would repurchase!

Also this is extremely close to Nars Niagara lipstick. Nars seems a bit more red and darker, in my opinion, and the finish is a little different as well. I actually prefer this over Nars though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by miserlymom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this lipstick to be a nice, bright, matte pink without being over the top or in your face. It does have, perhaps, a touch of coral to it..so it is a warmed tone pink. It brought a lot of warmth to my face...a fresh, summer, brightness. I found I like wearing it best with minimal color elsewhere. Mostly a nude eye, but lots of mascara and this lipstick, with a touch of bronzer. I applied a layer, blotted the excess off, then swiped a second layer. It lasted for a very long time! It doesn't feel thick or uncomfortable on the lips. Its quite lightweight. I do apply a balm underneath because I tend to have VERY dry lips, even with the most moisturizing claims out there. So, I do wear something to both prime my lips and also lock in moisture. I like that this gives a nice classic kind of look without going red. I didn't detect any scent to this lipstick. The packaging is nothing super special, but it does the job and I like that I can see the lipstick through the clear window at the top of the lid. I'd repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this along with Strawberry Suede when it was BOGOF. I much prefer this color over strawberry suede on my yellow nc30-ish skintone.This is a bright, but not too bright pink with a dab or rose tones. I find this rather drying, BUT I use it over E.O.S lip balm and it's perfection. The EOS balm is not so slick that the lipstick gets everywhere, but it's moisturizing enough that the l/s doesn't settle into fine lines. Perfect for summer! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't purchased a Revlon l/s in nearly 20 years but due to the rave reviews here I had to try this. First of all, I'm a dinosaur who loves to coordinate my lips/toes and nails during the summer months. Shoot me and make me into glue but I worship at the altar of cosmetic visual continuity during hot greasy humid summer months when IMO I tend to look unpolished. That said, this color and formula is what caught me, bright pink and matte. I haven't worn matte l/s since the early 90's courtesy of the now d/c Chanel l/s that I loved but apparently no on else did. The matte finish is what makes this color elegant, if it weren't for that this would look idiotic and cheap, matte is so sexy and modern. This is lighter in texture than those but lovely nonetheless, no waxy heaviness that one associates with matte's of the past. The color coorinates perfectly with OPI Chapel of Love n/p for which I purchased this and looks striking against my very pale glowy PPP complexion. This color is bright pink with equal parts cool and deep peach-ish flamingo pink, having no shimmer and being quite long wearing, unless of course your eating something greasy. I have tried this on clean exfoliated lips with Blistex and without. Both options wear well but Blistex contains SPF which I need. I also line my lips with a coordinating color, yes another dinosaur habit which makes this look even more finished. I have been so visually accustomed to MLBB colors that this seemed shocking at first but now I am so infatuated with the girly-ness of this color that I actually apply this before cleaning my litter boxes and vacuuming. Also, I'm so tired of l/g and ultra greasy lippies that have been vogue for so long that a change to matte looks very contemporary and urbane which I suspect the matte trend will roll over into e/s and blush for Fall. One cannot feel lousy when wearing this color. Memo to Revlon: do not d/c this or alter the formula.

12 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This colour is straight-up Betty Draper, a retro-bright corally pink similar to NARS Niagara (though NARS Niagara is a little softer and more orange). Beautiful shade, and the Revlon Matte formula is very nice indeed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 1:49:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This color is insanely pretty! Very very bright. Pinky coral is the best way to describe this. My camera can't even pick up the color, It comes out glowing and blurry lol. I was very surprised that It looks brighter on my lips than It does in the tube. This looks beautiful paired with a peach blush or just bronzer. Nude eyes are a must as this is very attention grabbing. Pigmentation is fabulous. Texture is great, just glides on.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by xflobjox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've just bought this so this is a first impression but so far I really like this lipstick. The texture is lovely and smooth, the colour is buildable. I never ever venture out of my nude lips (think mac myth) so this was a real step out of my comfort zone in time for summer. On my olive, tanned skin this colour compliments really well and I can tell I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this. This is leaning more towards a natural red on me, but I think layered with a pink gloss this would really come into its own!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Xandrra

This is surprisingly an MLBB colour for me! If I apply just one swipe my lips look brighter and pronounced, without looking garish or over the top. It surprisingly looks quite natural if you don't use too much.

It shows up more coral than pink on me and I love it! Such a beautiful colour! It doesn't glide on as smoothly as the pearl lipsticks, but I'd repurchase regardless