December 19, 2014 | 1286 users online

Loose Powders - Almay - Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by lovecoma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this in the shimmer version because I don't like a truly matte finish. I thought this would just be a more luminous finish. Nope! Mine has large hunks of glitter. It looks stupid. I'm exchanging it for the matte version. Will update when I've tried that one.

ETA: I got the none shimmer version and really like it. It doesn't leave that "dusty" look or pick up the small baby hairs on my face, problems I'd had with my previous powder Rice Powder. I will say that if you're super oily, this WILL NOT work for you. I'm only slightly oily in my T-zone late in the day and I do notice that sometimes I can feel it coming through. I never visibly look oily but if I touch it, I can feel it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by larsonwendy

I have the shimmer powder and it's got a nice shimmer to it that's not too disco-ballish. I shake the powder into the top part and buff it on with a brush and I find that it takes a couple of shakes and taps to get enough out. I think it's pretty cool that it's paraben and talc free, I also like that the packaging is recyclable. Since I discovered that Jane has a similar product I may not buy this again unless it's on sale. It's not a bad product, but I would like to see some changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Not to be harsh about this product, but I have a real issue with companies marketing their powders as 'translucent' when in fact they're NOT! Maybe it's my fault for assuming that any drugstore brand powder will be truly translucent, but it's very annoying for people who are very fair-skinned, and don't want to have their face be a different color than the rest of their skin. If the powder has a pigment to it, just say so...and I'll pass by it...but marketing it as translucent seems like false advertising. I'll stick with my Laura Mercier Translucent Powder...since it's actually translucent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by sparklesprinkler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This powder is very natural looking as its very make up is natural. This powder is perfect for winter. I don't recommend using this powder during the summer. I can see how this would not soak up oil. For winter time, this powder is perfect. I myself have the oily T zone. During the winter I cannot use the same foundation & loose powder as I do in the summer. Winter time makes my skin typically drier. It is very very soft feeling on the face as well. Only weird thing is it makes my face itch. :-( Perhaps that will pass....

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 9:37:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was given a 3 because I"m stuck in the middle. The product DOES give a nice healthy look to the face, BUT, with my oily t-zone, I needed to reapply throughout the day to absorb oil. On my dry/normal cheeks this was perfect. My only problem with this is that it made my skin look ashy. I'm a fair complexion, in between pale and light skin, but it just washes me out.

The price was not something I like either. $15 CAN and the package is horrible. I threw out the puff and ended up pulling the sifter out. There is a decent amount of powder in the box, but most definatly not worth $15.

I will not buy again as its a bit over priced and did not look good on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by babydollala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in translucent matte and it comes on as a smooth natural matte finish...not fake cake-y look. I really like the product! i love that it is almost all natural and it does not clog my pores or break me out. My face does not look oily throughout the day, but i dont have very oily skin to begin with. What i ABSOLUTELY HATE about this is the packaging. Sure, its cute, but the process of getting the stuff out and onto a brush is such a task! (the puff thing it came with is crap so i dont use it.) If anyone else has tips to make this process easier, (ie. where/how to transfer/is it press-able)please let me know! I would buy it again when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by britney54

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this powder today, because I needed a new finishing powder and I didn't want a powder that had talc in it. I got the translucent shimmer, because I don't like the matte look. I didn't get to use it much - I just tried a little bit on when I got home to see if the color was alright. But so far I like it, it's nice and smooth and I like the shimmer! I especially love the fact that it's natural and has no parabens, talc, etc. I also love the packaging, it's super cute!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 6:57:00 PM More reviews by megathon

I bought this powder in the matte finish. I really dislike it. This product turns my slightly-oily face into an oil slick when I use it as a finishing powder (I've tried it over liquid, pressed powder, and loose mineral foundation, all with the same result). People with oily skin should probably steer clear of this (especially for the $14+ price tag).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Neither here nor there. I was looking for a good setting powder for my mineral makeup as I get shiny throughout the day and wanted something in matte formula. I bought this stuff and it was just ok. It did the job of what the mineral veil did for me....it did ok, but didn't last more than an hour before the shine came back....and it left a powdery look on my face. Additionally, I think the packaging is just awful. First off, the little powder puff that comes with it is a joke and not usable, so I tried using my ecotools brush. Then, it is extremely difficult to get the powder out of that little opening that they give you. Not to mention that the entire thing is so bulky, so if you need this throughout the day to control shine, it's not a very compact and can be hard to lug around in your make-up bag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by asr2005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This worked better on my skin tone (NC 42-43) as a highlighter...it was very shimmery, so just a little bit went a long way. On my skin tone, I would not use this as a finishing powder, but it did add a glow when i dusted on my cheeks. I didn't use the puff, however...I used an EcoTools blush brush instead. Also, I feel like this packaging is kind of bulky, especially if I'm traveling.