October 1, 2014 | 1433 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Sustainable Shadow Box

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by mzpinkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the Urban Decay product I've ever own and so far it's ok. I was debating on either getting this palette or the Vegan one. When I asked the sales person, at Macy's, which one I should get, she told me this one since there's more colors. So I listened to her and tried the colors and the colors were pigmented (which I like) and very shimmery. I used half baked, twice baked, YDK, and midnight cowboy rides again to get the "natural" look for my eyes and it ended looking shimmery and glittery. I didn't like midnight cowboy rides again because all the glitter ended up all over my face and I tried to wipe them off, but couldn't.
Overall, this palette is ok to have especially if your new to Urban Decay. The potion it came with is good. I might actually buy the regular size later. I won't get this palette again since I'm planning to buy their other palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by NssjPryncess408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So shaved a point off cause the swivel part of the case broke so i have to use a rubber band to keep it closed securly..other than that..i love this palette.its one of my most used palettes compared to my ud ammo one..everyshadow in it is gorgeous..even the infamous UZI shade..with to me takes some patience to work with.and layers..i use it in the inner corners of my eyes for a night time look..my faves from this palette are YDK,FLIPSIDE AND GRIFTER. They are all gorgeous but those are my faves. This is a nice variety palette in my opinion.probably wouldnt repurchase since i have enough makeup to last a lifetime lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:25:00 AM More reviews by bellcutie7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

rating: this shadow pallette was pretty nice! i was so in love wiht it when i saw it at ulta and i just had to get it! it has 10 really nice colors:
YDK (shimmery bronze)
Flipside (teal shimmery)
grifter (pink with glitter)
VZI ( white with chunky glitter)
twice baked( very dark brown and shimmery)
midnight cowboy rides again ( chunky - glittered gold)
flash (shimmery almost-matte purple)
oil slick( shimmery black)
kiddie pool( shimmery light blue)
half baked (shimmery bright gold)
and it comes with a pretty nice quality brush (it is a little small)

it also has a really earthy design on the cover
and it has a mirrior.

the only thing that was holding me back was the price. it was i think 36 dollars and that just seemed like too much for a pallette this small.
well, i learned to love it. i ended up buying it and i am very happy with this product.

tha packaging quality is not- so - great compared to some of thier other palettes out there.
1) they dont have a normal cover, not like the ones that you just lift it up. these have a brad type thing to keap the "cover" in place and it swivels around when you want to use it.
2) because of this, they had to raise the cover so it wouldnt touch the eyeshadows when you open it. this can cause way more bacteria because it can go in your eyeshadow 24/7, now.
3) the swivel cover will just take up alot of space.

and thats all :)
i wouldnt buy this again just because i will pprobably not use my whole palette! (well, maybe)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by MrsAJGraveS

PROS
-Beautiful colors
-Good value
-Gorgeous packaging
-Eco friendly
-Quality shadows
CONS
-Packaging can be cumbersome
-Super chunky glitter
-Should have come with a full or at least travel size UDPP instead of the sample size
-included brush is useless, should have been an eyeliner.

OVERALL
Like many others this is my first UD pallet. I walked into Ulta and it was a sure thing lol, I had been wanted to try UD for a while and thought this would be a great Christmas present for myself lol. When I got to play with it I first noticed the packaging, it is a beautiful bamboo box, and I though it was creative how the top swings, although that can be annoying when the pallet is in use. I love the colors, I'm not a huge fan of mattes and I am a sucker for golds so this was right up my ally.

IN PRACTICE
All the shadows have nice pigmentation, except for one; Uzi. This shade has so much glitter that there is little actual shadow, never the less it is still really pretty. Also all of the sakes are shimmery, and a few are down right glittery! The fall out from the glitter can be a huge pain, but there is no reason to complain about it when you can clearly see that the shades are glittery when you buy it, but it does bear mentioning that you have to work around that when you use these shades. Overall I enjoy all the shadows; Half Baked, Twice Bakes, and Oil Slick being my favs.

FINAL THOUGHTS
I really love this pallet and would purchase again, I do think they should include a larger UDPP, and leave the brush out all together, or replace it with an eyeliner, but I didn't by it for either of those things so they are small potatoes.

Hope this was helpful :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by msmonmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first shadow palette I had ever purchased. I really bought it because at the time (2008 I think) it came with a full sized UDPP. I figured that made it a pretty good deal. I really like YDK, Oil Slick, Twice Baked, Half Baked and Flash. I haven't made much use of Kiddie Pool or Flip side but I like them both. I really don't like Uzi or Grifter. The glitter chunks are really annoying. I want to like Midnight Cowboy, but I don't. Overall I've enjoyed the palette, but now that I know what I like I might buy single shadows of the colors I like and the Naked palette which wasn't out at the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Nayelley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went into Sephora around June and saw this palette. I had never used Urban Decay, but had heard so many great things about it's products. My dad actually bought me this, so I can't remember the price. Maybe a rough $36?
The palette comes with ten different colors. I'm a glittery person, so I have no problem with the colors being so shimmery. They're all very wearable, I've come up with many different combinations just using this palette. But there's two eyeshadows that I find pointless, Midnight Cowboy Rides at Night and Uzi. Those are very hard to work with. One of the reasons I wanted this palette was because I thought that Uzi looked beautiful.
The packaging is also really nice, but I don't like how I have to turn it around each time. The first time I opened it, I almost broke it because I was trying to lift the top up.
Plus, it's eco friendly!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by MaNDiiB00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

colors are beautiful but omg i didnt know they were going to be so glittery!! if you like glitter this is for youu because the shadows are vibrant with a primer but if you dont use a primer youve got to layer these babies just to get it show up good and im pretty light skinned...hate the fallout its so hard getting the glitter to rub off but other than that the colors are pretty im just more into matte shadows. ohhh and yeah the packaging is garbarge the top is broken off cause whatever was holding it in place got loose somehow .. they shouldve just made it where it was able to snap shut and keep it shut!! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bad packaging, awesome colors. Whenever I use this shadows, I do my eye makeup first, they use a setting spray. Wipe under your eyes or wherever else the glitter gets to(Damp cloth or baby wipes). then proceed with primer, foundation...etc.Lovely results without any hassle!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by BlueEyedPanda

This is the second UrbanDecay palette I've bought, and I think I'm hooked. The shadows are highly pigmented and go on very smoothly and blend well. The only thing that I hate about their palettes is that there is always a few shades with a TON of glitter. Fall all over your face when you blink no matter what you try to do to prevent it glitter. There are some every-day shades, maui wowie (glitter filled), and half baked and twice baked, and then there are much more vibrant, beautifully pigmented shades. Oil slick is the only shade that has glitter that doesn't spill all over your face. The screw at the side gets really loose over time, so you have to tighten it occasionally.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by lafemmetopaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. Its my first UD palette. My favorites from the palette are: Kiddie pool, YDK, Flipside, Oil Slick, Grifter and Half Baked.

I love the glitter palettes but one had to use them correctly. You have to "pat" color on top the eye lid. Also, Uzi is a great highlighter and eye opener(a touch inner corner of eye). Also, Uzi lightly patted over YDK is beautiful.