December 18, 2014 | 1402 users online

Skincare - Body - Homemade Tendskin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by jackjack828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love it. Save me a bunch of money by switching to this. Works well! No more bumps. Yeeeey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 4:42:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read the reviews here and then saw a few how to videos on to prepare the mixture. It has taken a months time, but I finally have no more bumps or new ingrowns and the discoloration from the old ones is going away. This totally works and I am so happy for MUA to show me this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by typicalprototype

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Found this on you tube made it for under 4 dollars. It works great! The 2nd batch I made I didn't follow the instructions I did 3/4ths witchhazel 1/4 alcohol and then 28 asprin. This way it didn't dry my skin hardly at all. And still worked the same if not better then my first batch. This stuff if great! And soo cheap don't waste 30 dollars on tendskin

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:20:00 AM More reviews by MsBasilio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HOLAAAAY THIS STUFF WORKS I was like wait wut... Alcohol..Aspirin..&& ?Witch Hazel?! But I was goin to the store yesterday anyways so I thot Ill jst try it && if it dnt werk ill atleast have the aspirin for headaches, the alcohol for owies lolz, and tha witch hazel for my face. So I bought 70% alcohol, the cheap like 97 cent aspirins && tha dickinsons witch hazel and 2 flip top bottles they were only 99 cents in the travel/trial section so I got home and since Im helllllllla impatient I went to shave my legs and armpitters lolz after that I was exhausted :\ ayyyyyezz lol :D but i took my cotton pads and squirted alittle of the tendskin stuff on the pads and kinda jst patted it on my armpits and rubbed it on my legs and wowwwww!!!!!! I could instantly see the results so then I got brave and put it on a pimple i had on my face and it dried it up I am amzed u dont even know!!!! lolz. Deffinitrly try it!!!
Walmart Prices
Alcohol 70% : 1.00
Witch Hazel : 3.00
Aspirin : 1.00
2 Flip top bottles : 2.00 for both
Estimated Spent for this amaza-zing stuff : 7.00
HOW-TO :
I only got the 3 oz bottles...so If youre like me and got littlebottles lolz thennnnnnnnnn:
-Put the ALCOHOL in one bottle about half of the bottle.
-Put the WITCH HAZEL in the other bottle a little less then half.
-Put 14(not 13 its bad luck)lolz..no seriously..aspirins in the bottle wit tha witch hazel.
-Let tha aspirins dissolve
-Pour the alcohol in wit the Witch Hazel && aspirins
-There ya go!!!
Good Luck!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW!!! I can't believe I have never heard of this. I'm a huge advocate of shaving the "bikini area" (you know what I mean). I just think it's more hygienic. The only downside is the irritation that I get the day afterwards. So after posting a topic on the skin care discussion board about this problem, a MUAer told me about this homemade recipe. There are a few different recipes out there, but I used this...

-Pour 5.5 oz 70% isopropyl alcohol in a small bottle
-Drop 18 uncoated aspirin into alcohol
-Shake a little and set aside
-Pour 2.5 oz witch hazel into another small bottle
-Drop 8 uncoated aspirin into witch hazel, shake and set aside
-After the aspirin has dissolved (took about 5 min for me), pour the
2 mixtures into an 8 oz bottle or bigger. I used a spray bottle from Sally's.

I sprayed this on my bikini area after shaving. It does sting a little but goes away very quickly. The results?? AMAZING!!! No irritation, no little bumps, nothing!!!

The only downside to this is the smell. It smells like cheap booze! Haha!! But the scent fades very quickly and doesn't linger at all. It evaporates really fast and dries in a flash. I would most definitely recommend this. I bought all the ingredients for around $6. What a find!!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

Im really really happy that I found out about this. I'd seen Tendskin and thought about trying it but wasnt ever persuaded to spend $20 on a bottle because frankly, any other bikini cream or lotion had never worked for me so I figured it'd be another waste of money - so I cant really say how it compares to the actual tendskin but upon making up this mixture I was really impressed because it does take away a lot of the redness and bumps - its not always perfect but close enough that most times I will feel comfortable walking around in a bathing suit - and I get HORRIBLE bumps on my bikini line normally. I think a lot of the power in this is down to the aspirin, as I've tried both witch hazel and rubbing alcohol previously with no results for ingrown hairs. I also use this mixture on my face for blemishes....it usually does a nice job there as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by relylawrence

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for some time now, but I've been skipping the witch hazel and seem to do fine without it. This works just as well as Tend Skin for me. And you can't beat the price. I just fill a small container with rubbing alcohol, drop in a few uncoated aspirin and let dissolve. Before use, I give it a few shakes (the aspirin settles to bottom) and apply with a cotton ball. No more ingrown hairs!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I was very skeptical at the beginning, i bought all the stuff from walmart for about 7 dollars (including the spraybottle and measuring cups, good enough for 2-3 8-oz batch), once i put the 18 aspirins in the alcohol, the smell was horrified and i just dumped everything! But after reading the discovery and ingredients of the tendskin company, who said that they discovered this treatment accidentally when a dentist administrating a painkiller for his patients, I gain confidence that the tendskin is probably aspirin and alcohol. So, I did the mixture and used it on my legs with ingrown hairs and razor bumps (red little dots), and it really helps just one application, the red dots are now invisible! Anyways, I still need to use it more often to see if it can take off the ingrown hairs. Will update later!

For the ones who wants to try this: please go to http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/carekate

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by JetLilotai

Ingrowns and and occaisonal body blemish? Fuggedaboudit! This mixture really takes care of them. Not exactly the "magic bullet" for ingrowns the way real TendSkin is, you might have to reapply once or twice. But for the price...who the hell cares? My boyfriend and I constantly reach for this when nasty bumps come calling. Thanks for putting the recipe up here guys!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Mathilde10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think it does a good job of keeping inflammation at bay...and thus in-growns too. However, I need to emphasize that it dries out your skin so you should moisturize generously after using it. (For instance, I still got shallow in-growns on my leg because my skin was so dried out and tightened by the alcohol that the hair couldn't break through.But a good lathering of lotion corrects that.)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No