September 18, 2014 | 1763 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Blue Skies bubble bar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 12:35:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my fav bubble bar for so many reasons.

- A great bubbler. I use approx 1/6 of this big boy in my normal sized tub and get more than enough bubbles.
- Amazing colour. Tip - take it out of LUSH paper bag and put it in a sandwich baggy when storing. The paper will suck out all the colour.
- Relaxing scent. Love love love patchouli and frankincense!

I don't like to use more than a 1/3 of normal sized or 1/6 of the larger ones as it makes my skin itch. Also makes the water feel slimy and soapy IMO.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by glowkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I may be in the minority here judging by the reviews below me, but I absolutely hated this bubble bar! I tried to like it, but just couldn't. The scent is horrible. It reminds me of dirt. Who wants to take a bubble bath in dirt? To make matters worse, my boyfriend hates the way it smells and when I get out of the tub, he says "Eww. You took a bath in that stuff again, didn't you?" Also, my own father smelt me one night after I took a bath with this and asked me why I smelt like dirt. I'm serious. I'm not a fan of this at all. The only good thing about this bubble bar is that it's really big and thick, so you can get a lot of bubble baths out of it. But I don't want a lot of bubble baths out of it because I hate the smell! I'm so glad I didn't buy the shower gel of Blue Skies. Whew! That would have been a huge disappointing waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Patchouli. This is nice because it is not very "earthy" smelling. Its just nice. And you can get at least three baths out of it....which makes it right for the price. More for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by fr0stbitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds -- so named because that's what the bathwater looks like: sky blue with big, white mounds of soft bubbles (er, clouds).

This is one of the larger bubble bars, you can stretch it as far as eight baths. It smells very strongly of patchouli and frankincense with just a dash of cinnamon, nice and relaxing. Being a patchouli lover, this is my bar. It makes the water silky too, of course, with cream of tartar and those spicy essential oils. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 4:24:00 AM More reviews by EnjoyTheSilence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this bubble bar is big! Having read reviews prior, I decided to not use the entire bar in a single bath. I cut it into 4 portions & therefore used 1/4 of the bar for 1 bath. It smells of patchouli (of which I happen to be a fan!) as well as a little cinnamon & frankincense (a hint incense-y & woodsy.) It's not an overpowering scent, IMO. The water turned a lovely tropical-ocean blue; a hint of turquoise in there. I bet the color would be even deeper/richer if you use the entire bar! There were tons of bubbles with this bubble bar, unlike Marathon Bar. I added the Ceridwen bath melt & that helped turn the blue water a milky shade of Tiffany Blue...pretty! I may be odd, but I don't think the color blue goes well with the scent of patchouli (I envision earthy green or wine, instead), but that's quite all right. This is a great bath product! My skin didn't feel terribly silky (before adding Ceridwen), nor the water soft (like you get with the bath bombs), but I still like Blue Skies & will buy again after using my remaining 3 chunks!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2007 1:20:00 PM More reviews by kelticmaddox

This is a great bubble bar! Gave my bath lots of bubbles, and I only used 1/3 of the bar! I did take a lippie off however, because I don't love the smell and it wasn't that strong in the bath. I bet alot of people will like the smell however, and I definately didn't hate it, I just didn't love it. Its a light and sweet patchouli scent. You can definately smell the patchouli along with some citrus and maybe cinnamon, but it isn't a harsh patchouli smell. I bet those who typically hate patchouli wouldn't mind this at all. I won't buy it again just because I want to find a bubble bar with a better scent for me, but I will definately use up the rest of my bar and enjoy the relaxing bubbles. I didn't really notice any moisturization from this, but I don't know if its supposed to moisturize or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2006 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Tessiepooh

Finally, a Lush product I like. I was starting to wonder if I would hate everything I ordered from them, but this product was actually quite exceptional. I used a third of the bar, and got tons of fluffy bubbles which lasted forever. I probably could have gotten away with a quarter of the bar. This also turns the water a pleasant, calming light blue hue. My skin felt nicely conditioned after using this. The scent is wonderful, also. Patchouli is something I really have to be in the right mood for, but when I'm in the mood for it, I will definitely be reaching for more of these bubble bar slices. I took one lippie off for the high price, because even if you cut the bar into quarters, it's still over 2 dollars per bath, which is ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2006 2:55:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LUSH products are fun but too expensive. I was laughing at their newspaper when it describes one of their products as an "affordable 40 minute vacation". Yeah I guess if you consider sitting in your tub a vacation. whatever. I just sit there and think how I wasted $6 on a big fizzy thing that disappeared in 3 minutes and left crap all over my tub for me to scrub out after I was done. Nice vacation. Anyway - this bubble bar was one of the more fun products I picked up. It was a huge hunk of blue and white swirly soap-bar like product that I broke into 1/4 pieces. I crumbled one of those pieces into the water and watched as my tub filled up with a decent amount of bubbles. Not too bad at all. I think I would actually use the whole bar in one sitting because I would love a tub overflowing with bubbles. My dream come true! It softened the water so my skin felt nice afterwards too. Alas, this was fun but I think they are way to epxensive and not worth the money. I can get the same bubbles with any other product thats 10 times cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2006 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Scrangie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite bubble bar next to Christmas Kisses. It's a monstrous bar, heavy and thick. It's swirls of blue and white and pretty to look at. The scent is a strong earthy, patchouli spice scent, without being dirty or smelling like hippies. For the record, I hate patchouli. A small amount of this bar will produce tons of bubbles, a lasting scent, and relaxing azure water. I can easliy get 4+ baths out of one bar. This is the first LUSH item I have repurchased, and I always keep them on hand. Relaxing, fragrant and beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2006 9:29:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this.Amazing scent,very spicy.You get TONS of bubbles with these babies,so get ready.I only broke a bit off of my bar and I couldn't beleive my eyes.Bubble overflow!And they last forever.And best of all,they don't leave a ring around your tub like some bubble baths can.