September 17, 2014 | 1600 users online

Powder - Lancome - Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Corina1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in matte porcelaine delicate 1, I think the lightest color they had. I have very oily, acne-prone skin and I often have issues with makeup wearing off and caking up. This shade covered all my redness. The finish is is really pretty. If I wear it over foundation I look flawless, but natural. If I wear it only over sunscreen, it gives a mediem coverage and still looks matte.

The coverage seems to last about half way through my day. It does not do much of anything for shine. My redness doesn't show through, but I have to reapply every 3ish hours to de-shine. It does not get cakey though! I love the sleek little compact, although it applies nicer with a brush. It's very powdery smelling, but doesn't bother me.

I love the finish of this, but would not repurchase because it's too expensive to leave me shiney. And it does not contain suncreen(which could be a positive for some).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by IceDoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this product, but am extremely disappointed :( I found a great color match for my fair skin with cool undertones, but I find this product had very little coverage and a very poor lasting power on me. It does nothing to control any shine whatsoever on me, and my skin is not oily in the least! If anything it is normal/slightly combo. I have been applying this over a cleansed, toned, and moisturized face, and while it doesn't look cakey or unnatural, it just looks kinda flat. Does nothing to brighten up my skin or really even out the skin tone much (I have very slight redness that is still very visible after applying this) I will not repurchase this product. I'm going to stick with my Holy Grail Powder Foundation Chanel Double Perfection. It is far superior to the Lancôme in my opinion in every area (coverage, oil control, lasting power, etc) . If your torn between the two def go with the Chanel. It's more expensive but worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by leandraheartsmakeup

I love this powder! I use this everyday on top of my foundation and concealer and it sets it. It does give you extra coverage which I don't mind. It does have a floral smell to it, personally, I like it and it doesn't irritate my skin, but that's just me. It lasts all day and keeps my face matte but not overly cakey if you use it right. I'd definitely repurchase if I run out, but it is a little expensive..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyde

This powder is the best I have ever used!! I have very bad breakouts and have oily skin but The dual finish powder is amazing for my type skin. It does a fantastic job of being full coverage yet I barely use any (a little goes a LONG way!) It also comes in MANY different shades and my powder is perfectly my shade. However, it does have a smell to it but it is honestly not bad at all; other people tend to way over exaggerate it! But overall, I LOVE this powder!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by psyche_07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is going back to the Lancome counter. I asked for a setting powder, and the saleswoman recommended this powder. The overpowering old lady scent really puts me off, and the finish is so matte that it looks terribly unnatural on me. I got the powder in the lightest color, and it has a pinkish cast that makes my face look red. I don't find that it lasts particularly well, as I have been using it for touch ups on my foundation throughout the day, and within an hour or so, the touched-up area is again in need of a touch up. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for years (about 8). It is my HG and I use it everyday. I haven't mastered the art of the wet application though. When I do use a wet sponge it changes (hardens) the powder and you have to loosen it to use it. When you compare price per gram it is actually very close to powders you find at a drugstore. My biggest problem is that it doesn't last as long as I would like it to. My forehead is very shiny (not oil, although I have oily skin....it's more of a squeaky clean type of shine if that makes any sense) and the powder doesn't keep it matte for very long. It is my most favourite item of makeup. It last forever and makes my skin look flawless!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I don't hate this product but they don't carry the unscented version near me and HOLY monkey this stuff stinks like my grandma's rejected makeup drawer. It is SO overpoweringly floral old lady smell. Now I love older ladies but I do not need my skin smelling like that.

I do have combo/oily skin and this stuff doesn't work as well as I would like. Just alone after I cleanse, tone, moisturize and apply a primer...it just looks patchy some days. Other days it looks great but you never know til you actually get into applying it. But like I said before the smell keeps me from wanting to grab for it.

I will probably give this away or something because I just can't stand it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Taravolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have been using this for 5 years now after drugstore foundations no longer cut it for me. Your skin is so fun in your thirties...lol.. Anyway, this goes on like a matte finish. Does not cake and I feel like everything cakes on me. Does not sit in any of your fine lines. I feel like my skin is almost flawless. I have sensitive skin and I never break out from it. It also comes in a fragrance free which I usually get but I bought the fragranced one by mistake and I never had a problem.You can put it on wet or dry but I find when I have done the wet in the past the powder gets that shiny stuff on it and then eventually it starts breaking. The sponge applicator alone is to die for. I actually save all the ones from my previous compacts and wash them and save them for other stuff. Tip: Don't throw away the plastic cover thing that comes in it. Keep it to store your sponge so your compact doesn't get ruined from your dirty sponge. This is one thing in my makeup bag I cannot live without.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by algebra101

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Arenal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this off and on for many years, and recently returned to it after receiving my color in a swap.

I am not sensitive to scent, so I've never noticed any particular fragrance in this product. I generally use mine as a setting powder, applying with an Eco-Tools powder brush. It gives a very natural and non-cakey appearance, and lasts all day. It gives me an airbrushed appearance.

Considering how long a compact lasts, the price is fairly reasonable. I think it's one of the best in the market.