New York Color Smooth Skin loose powder - Translucent

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/31/2013 9:04:00 PM

My favorite powder ever. How I use this is by taking a powder puff dipping in powder then press onto my skin. By doing this its being packed into the foundation therefor doing a better job setting your foundation and staying perfect all day. I never have to touch up, or do i get a powdery finish. I use it over cover girl 3 in 1 (amazing foundation) together you get a beautiful flawless shine free finish for hours. The price is amazing $2.99 at Walmart and you get a ton of product. Only issues are alot of product fall out from the holes and the puff that comes with it is useless. But those are not good enough reasons to loose a lipstick or not purchase it. It's just to great of a powder.
And I'm going to be extremely angry is this product if discontinued.

on 3/25/2013 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, this has to be hands down the worst packaging I've ever purchased. The lid comes off so easily and when I travel I have to carry it in a plastic bag. It just flies everywhere! :( I used this powder with Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (I'm the shade "buff") and I used it for such a long time. Now I'm finally accepting that this might be the reason for the white cast on my already pale face and creasing in my smile lines (I'm in high school, that's not supposed to happen yet!). It's a very good amount of powder for such a low price but the cons outweigh the pros for me unfortunately :( Now I will be trying the Touch Up Veil by Bare Escentuals and hopefully that looks nicer!

Great loose powder.Does what it needs to do at a low price.I would recommend using a shade one level darker than your skin tone

on 3/22/2013 12:07:00 AM

I have oily skin, so I needed something that would do some shine control. This powder did set my foundation well but made it look really cakey. Also it made my skin oilier than it was before. It's cheap and good works okay for its price, but didn't really accomplish what I needed it to.

on 3/7/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Was looking for a cheap alternative to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the verdict is still up in the air on this. The packaging, like others have said, is awful. Powder gets everywhere so be careful- definitely cover all but 3 wholes and keep it in a ziploc bag.

on 1/26/2013 4:52:00 PM

I first read about this product on makeupalley and could hardly believe that it was recommended at all. I guess I always assumed that NYC stuff was super cheap and crappy. However, after reading some reviews and realizing that it was less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

Oh my word. It is such a great translucent powder! I can still hardly believe that it is made by NYC and is so cheap. I use it over top of my make-up to set everything, and it does the job perfectly! I have pretty good skin overall, but I do have some areas of uneven skin tones. It evenly covers and gives my skin a great, finished look (without looking powdery). I have the translucent powder and I really do love it. I say I would buy it again, but there is so much powder in the container, I'm more than positive it will last me the rest of my life.

If you're not careful, the powder can get everywhere. Just be careful when you pack it up to travel and when you first open it. Hey, for a great $3 powder, I don't even mind the packaging.

I recommend this powder highly, and and super impressed by the results and the low price!

on 12/15/2012 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Super cheap but this powder is definitely not down with us pizza faced ladies.

Wore it a couple of times but my skin got really oily and it didn't cause full blown cystic acne but it did cause whiteheads.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

on 12/3/2012 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First off, good quality for the price! Super cheap and comes with a lot of product. Unfortunately the packaging isn't very good and the lid comes off very easily (so don't drop this, or you'll absolutely get powder everywhere), and the sponge provided is more of a joke than anything.

Finely milled, does set my foundation well, and doesn't give me a white cast or anything, but--and this is a big but--there's a lot of glitter in this product. Probably the mica, but it really isn't the matte finish (or rather, flat, I suppose?) I was hoping for. As someone with very oily skin, it's really not a good look. I don't notice that it controls oil well either, but with my slick of a face, it's hard to say.

on 11/14/2012 10:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!