April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jenniferluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

First off, good quality for the price! Super cheap and comes with a lot of product. Unfortunately the packaging isn't very good and the lid comes off very easily (so don't drop this, or you'll absolutely get powder everywhere), and the sponge provided is more of a joke than anything.

Finely milled, does set my foundation well, and doesn't give me a white cast or anything, but--and this is a big but--there's a lot of glitter in this product. Probably the mica, but it really isn't the matte finish (or rather, flat, I suppose?) I was hoping for. As someone with very oily skin, it's really not a good look. I don't notice that it controls oil well either, but with my slick of a face, it's hard to say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

Absolutely love this product. Sure the packaging is dinky, but who cares when the product is phenomenal! You get 20g of product for less than 3 dollars. That's awesome! This product sets any bb cream I'm using and makes me oil free - what's more it makes my skin soft and doesn't cake. I love the way this makes my skin feel. It by no means makes my skin oil free, as I still get oily throughout the day, but it is a great translucent powder that sets my skin and prevents oiliness - at least for a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JadeSalussolia

I LOVE this product! I suffer so bad when it comes to oily skin, I used pressed powders for that and it just looked awful by the end of the day! I brought this product just five days ago, and I wore it to a party the night I brought it and my face stayed matte all night! So I've worn it everyday since, when I get home from school my makeup is still perfectly intact and my face still looks fresh and matte,
I will definitely be buying this again. Only downside maybe is that the colour is a abit light, which I can only blame myself for buying this shade

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Luxxist

I use this powder specifically for catching any "fallout" when applying eye shadows.

Because I am one of those types of girls who prefers to complete my foundation/concealer routine before I do my eye makeup, I am always concerned with eye shadow fallout - and especially so because I'm not the neatest when applying my eye makeup, if that makes any sense.

Basically after my foundation is complete I will sweep a generous amount of this under my eyes and work my magic, and then swipe it away with my trusty fan brush when done. Fallout is gone, my under eye area feels super smooth & my concealer has been set just a little more (which for me is always a good thing). Also worth mentioning, I am an olive-tanned skin girl and never experience any chalkiness on my complexion. Not to mention that the retail price for this is 2.99$ at my local drugstore here in New York City. I was able to grab this for 1.80$ at Rite Aid because they were running an additional 40% off on NYC Cosmetics. Score!

All in all, I find the formulation to be super smooth and almost buttery feeling, it knocks out the messy job with eye shadow fallout & helps to set my concealer as a bonus, and the price cannot be beat with a stick. Seriously. Though the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I store this at home, so really no complaints from me.

Will most definitely purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by elam76873

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Packaging is not good at all. When opening the top to use some of the product I would need to have a paper towel to catch all the extra powder that cumulates under the lid. The powder also looks white on my face which I did not like at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder after reading so many good reviews . It was really cheap . $3 at my local Walmart . So the packaging is alright . You slide/pull the lid off to reveal the sifter and powder . The trick to avoid getting the powder everywhere is to cover all but 3-4 sifter holes. That way you get enough powder out without it being a complete mess . Oh and throw away the little puff. It's useless . Use a really good powder brush instead. Now onto the powder . It's a really nice setting powder . I use it to set my concealer and it works really well. It keeps my face matte and smooth looking . For the price and product I would def recommend trying it . It's a really nice setting powder over all .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Alicepark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't pleased with the product in the beginning because the translucent powder came off as white on my skin, however it doesn't seem as white a couple of minutes later. The powder does well with oil-control and there is a lot of product for $2-$3. The packaging is pretty crappy though. It's bulky and the lid easily comes off. I recommend you leaving it on a undisturbed surface or else the powder will get everywhere. I still prefer the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! DO NOT apply with a powder puff, use a brush or you will not get even coverage. It sets my make up well, and keeps shine away fro hours. The mediocre rating on the packaging is due to the fact that the powder comes too easily through the grate in between the bottom and the top. To avoid this, I suggest keeping the container stationary in your bathroom rather than in your purse or make up bag.