November 29, 2014 | 1552 users online

Loose Powders - New York Color - loose translucent powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by eunchii16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin, so I needed something that would do some shine control. This powder did set my foundation well but made it look really cakey. Also it made my skin oilier than it was before. It's cheap and good works okay for its price, but didn't really accomplish what I needed it to.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Cat0727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Was looking for a cheap alternative to bareMinerals Mineral Veil, and the verdict is still up in the air on this. The packaging, like others have said, is awful. Powder gets everywhere so be careful- definitely cover all but 3 wholes and keep it in a ziploc bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by emmurtagh

I first read about this product on makeupalley and could hardly believe that it was recommended at all. I guess I always assumed that NYC stuff was super cheap and crappy. However, after reading some reviews and realizing that it was less than $3, I figured it was worth a shot.

Oh my word. It is such a great translucent powder! I can still hardly believe that it is made by NYC and is so cheap. I use it over top of my make-up to set everything, and it does the job perfectly! I have pretty good skin overall, but I do have some areas of uneven skin tones. It evenly covers and gives my skin a great, finished look (without looking powdery). I have the translucent powder and I really do love it. I say I would buy it again, but there is so much powder in the container, I'm more than positive it will last me the rest of my life.

If you're not careful, the powder can get everywhere. Just be careful when you pack it up to travel and when you first open it. Hey, for a great $3 powder, I don't even mind the packaging.

I recommend this powder highly, and and super impressed by the results and the low price!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Super cheap but this powder is definitely not down with us pizza faced ladies.

Wore it a couple of times but my skin got really oily and it didn't cause full blown cystic acne but it did cause whiteheads.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by jenniferluvsmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder. When paired with NYC's smooth liquid foundation my makeup looks good and holds up throughout the day. It doesn't add any color and sets my foundation without making it look cakey. When I apply I actually use the puff it comes with. I take off the clear plastic sieve to get to the product. It's such a good product and it's so cheap...you can't go wrong with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

First off, good quality for the price! Super cheap and comes with a lot of product. Unfortunately the packaging isn't very good and the lid comes off very easily (so don't drop this, or you'll absolutely get powder everywhere), and the sponge provided is more of a joke than anything.

Finely milled, does set my foundation well, and doesn't give me a white cast or anything, but--and this is a big but--there's a lot of glitter in this product. Probably the mica, but it really isn't the matte finish (or rather, flat, I suppose?) I was hoping for. As someone with very oily skin, it's really not a good look. I don't notice that it controls oil well either, but with my slick of a face, it's hard to say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by monicaandree

My favorite translucent powder so far. It blends onto skin so easily and creates a perfectly matte finish. It also has no scent, which I appreciate! I adore the Coty airspun but don't use it due to the smell. You get a very generous amount for so little money. If you plan to travel with this, I would recommend applying tape over the dispenser holes and onto the lid else you end up with a huge mess. I like the dispenser though! I just sprinkle some powder into the cap, swirl and tap my kabuki brush, and buff into skin. Perfect finish every time. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by narwhal4life

Absolutely love this product. Sure the packaging is dinky, but who cares when the product is phenomenal! You get 20g of product for less than 3 dollars. That's awesome! This product sets any bb cream I'm using and makes me oil free - what's more it makes my skin soft and doesn't cake. I love the way this makes my skin feel. It by no means makes my skin oil free, as I still get oily throughout the day, but it is a great translucent powder that sets my skin and prevents oiliness - at least for a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by JadeSalussolia

I LOVE this product! I suffer so bad when it comes to oily skin, I used pressed powders for that and it just looked awful by the end of the day! I brought this product just five days ago, and I wore it to a party the night I brought it and my face stayed matte all night! So I've worn it everyday since, when I get home from school my makeup is still perfectly intact and my face still looks fresh and matte,
I will definitely be buying this again. Only downside maybe is that the colour is a abit light, which I can only blame myself for buying this shade

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Luxxist

I use this powder specifically for catching any "fallout" when applying eye shadows.

Because I am one of those types of girls who prefers to complete my foundation/concealer routine before I do my eye makeup, I am always concerned with eye shadow fallout - and especially so because I'm not the neatest when applying my eye makeup, if that makes any sense.

Basically after my foundation is complete I will sweep a generous amount of this under my eyes and work my magic, and then swipe it away with my trusty fan brush when done. Fallout is gone, my under eye area feels super smooth & my concealer has been set just a little more (which for me is always a good thing). Also worth mentioning, I am an olive-tanned skin girl and never experience any chalkiness on my complexion. Not to mention that the retail price for this is 2.99$ at my local drugstore here in New York City. I was able to grab this for 1.80$ at Rite Aid because they were running an additional 40% off on NYC Cosmetics. Score!

All in all, I find the formulation to be super smooth and almost buttery feeling, it knocks out the messy job with eye shadow fallout & helps to set my concealer as a bonus, and the price cannot be beat with a stick. Seriously. Though the packaging leaves a lot to be desired, I store this at home, so really no complaints from me.

Will most definitely purchase again.