April 21, 2014 | 1088 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Born Lippy Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bloch123

I had bought the raspberry one which smells great n it is really nice. They moisturise the lips properly, stays for long. Its teeny tiny bit more on the wallet but it lasts like super long so totally worth it. I would like to use the tube ones now.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by daisyq28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like the smell of these. It applies smooth and gives a nice shine.

It doesn't last very long though, and is not very moisturising - it doesn't help much at all if I have chapped lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by shopaholic14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've got these in Strawberry, Satsuma Shimmer and Raspberry (which is my fave). I really like the fragrance and the fact that it gives a nice tinted sheen to my lips (not the satsuma one though). They soften my lips and don't dry them out. TBS also has some of these in a lipstick-like tube and I like those more than the pots.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

I got a raspberry lip balm last year when it was on sale. i was going through my makeup the other day and i found it sitting there in a drawer and i started using it because it wanted to get some use out of it before it expired! i guess i forgot how terrible this lipbalm was. i piled on a thick layer before i went to bed and i loved the way it smelled and the gloss and tint it gave off. i woke up with chapped lips! i didnt believe it was this lip balm doing all these horrible things to my lips so i put some more on 20 minutes ago and it just totally disappeared and my lips are dry again. i will not repurchase this product ever again. it regularly costs 7-8 dollars, it is definitely a waste of money :/

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lip balm is nothing special. The smell is nice, but it is very sticky and it dries out my lips. Also dont like little pots for lip products, prefer the stick form.
Nothing I would like to use on a regular basis.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

Ive used this product for years and years. It is truly amazing. I honestly can't say one bad thing about it. It isn't sticky at all, almost the consistency of vaseline. It tastes delicious, moisturizes my lips amazingly, and is the only lip gloss I've ever used that is my perfect color. Ive purchased this many many many many times... probably about 12, and I will purchase it until my dying day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Romanticide

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I probably would repurchase this for the smell and the taste. One pot will last you quite a long time. They provide a fair amount of moisture, but there are better lip balms out there. My favourite would be mango followed by raspberry (which smells and tastes like red licorice).

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by kinta80s

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I would never buy any more lipbalms from the body shop. they all tend to make my lips chapped, leaving them feeling a bit flaky for the entire day. But the body lotions and shower gels are of exception. They're great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by hira287

I always buy the strawberry one. I've been using this lip balm since 8th grade. It has the nicest smell. Very yummy.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These do not work that well for me. I have the watermelon and have been using it consistently as a nightly balm, but when I wake up my lips are still dry. Have been using it for awhile, because I hate for it to go to waste, but I think I am going to switch to something else.

I agree with some of the other reviews, it is almost like a tinted lip balm and not moisturizing or buttery enough for me to use so much, for a tint of color it might work and it wasn't expensive, but it is not what I was looking for at all.