The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/24/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I have two of these in the pot form. Raspberry and watermelon.
I really love the smell of both, almost like ring pop candy flavors. They are quite sweet but not too overpowering which I really like. I'm really happy with the effectiveness of these. They last long on my lips and they are super creamy and smooth. In the summer I use them on their own but in the winter I usually wear something stronger underneath them. I don't really love the pot but I always have sanitizer for my hands with me so its not that big of a deal. I f you ever have any problems with flaking lips however, I suggest a soft tooth brush with a bit of lipbalm on your lips and brushing them softly for a few minutes. Home made lip scrubs also work well.

on 11/16/2012 7:59:00 AM

smells cute, cute little pot, zero hydrating power, actually a little greasy,price not justified.

on 10/19/2012 8:07:00 AM

I want to love it but every time i use it my lips start to chap. It dry out my lips a lot, I purchased 3 variant but all of them do that same thing, it's non sticky and quiet moisturizing, smells great, has beautiful color, sadly maybe this isn't a product for me :( the packaging is not that nice, you must use your finger to get into the product, a lil bit unhygienic but I personally love the design, really cute :)

on 10/17/2012 8:44:00 AM

one of my most favorite lip balms! :) it smells so nice and sweet that i cannot stop using it! i smells like really really sugary and matured strawberry that it drives me nuts. the only downside of this product is that it can get quite dirty with germs from my fingers because i have to DIP my finger into the balm to get it on my fingers. other than that, the packaging is quite ok! i love this lip balm and i have used up 3 already, and about to get my 4th born lippy lip balm!

It's annoying that you have to apply from the container with your finger, so bacteria and germs get into the container. I love the scents, but I keep it at home and don't use it on the run, since it's not very hygienic. It did moisturize my lips but i felt, like it didn't absorb. But, because of the ah-mazing scent, I would buy it again. If you have chapped lips, this won't help very much.

on 8/6/2012 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had bought the raspberry one which smells great n it is really nice. They moisturise the lips properly, stays for long. Its teeny tiny bit more on the wallet but it lasts like super long so totally worth it. I would like to use the tube ones now.

on 7/30/2012 2:44:00 AM

I do like the smell of these. It applies smooth and gives a nice shine.

It doesn't last very long though, and is not very moisturising - it doesn't help much at all if I have chapped lips.

on 7/28/2012 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've got these in Strawberry, Satsuma Shimmer and Raspberry (which is my fave). I really like the fragrance and the fact that it gives a nice tinted sheen to my lips (not the satsuma one though). They soften my lips and don't dry them out. TBS also has some of these in a lipstick-like tube and I like those more than the pots.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a raspberry lip balm last year when it was on sale. i was going through my makeup the other day and i found it sitting there in a drawer and i started using it because it wanted to get some use out of it before it expired! i guess i forgot how terrible this lipbalm was. i piled on a thick layer before i went to bed and i loved the way it smelled and the gloss and tint it gave off. i woke up with chapped lips! i didnt believe it was this lip balm doing all these horrible things to my lips so i put some more on 20 minutes ago and it just totally disappeared and my lips are dry again. i will not repurchase this product ever again. it regularly costs 7-8 dollars, it is definitely a waste of money :/

on 6/15/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This lip balm is nothing special. The smell is nice, but it is very sticky and it dries out my lips. Also dont like little pots for lip products, prefer the stick form.
Nothing I would like to use on a regular basis.

Popular Lip Treatments