The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm

3.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I found this little thingy tucked in a drawer, collecting dust and being all depressing.
So, I popped the cap and smoothed on a layer of the watermelon flavor, a sheer, pinky gloss. It was surprising thick, not sticky, but thick, and smooth like butter.
The smell was pleasant enough, like watermelon-flavored gum, but it wasn't long before my lips began to peel and get dryer and dryer with every application.
I've had this stuff when I was a kid, pretty cray, right?
And, yes, it does give you a delectable, tasty shine, but it makes your lips soooo dry! It'd only good for playing with when you're a little kiddy, not to become a staple or must-have of any other woman's makeup bag.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this lippy when i was 10, and i got the strawberry one. It does moisturising but slowly fades after 30 minutes or so. It gives me a hint of reddish pink color that looks transparent on your lips, and of course a bit glossy effect. I adore the scent, but when i accidentally licked the balm, the taste is 'oh-so-terrible'. Now i have been using a half jar of it and never touched it again, since i tend to lick my lips everytime.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I have two of these in the pot form. Raspberry and watermelon.
I really love the smell of both, almost like ring pop candy flavors. They are quite sweet but not too overpowering which I really like. I'm really happy with the effectiveness of these. They last long on my lips and they are super creamy and smooth. In the summer I use them on their own but in the winter I usually wear something stronger underneath them. I don't really love the pot but I always have sanitizer for my hands with me so its not that big of a deal. I f you ever have any problems with flaking lips however, I suggest a soft tooth brush with a bit of lipbalm on your lips and brushing them softly for a few minutes. Home made lip scrubs also work well.

smells cute, cute little pot, zero hydrating power, actually a little greasy,price not justified.

I want to love it but every time i use it my lips start to chap. It dry out my lips a lot, I purchased 3 variant but all of them do that same thing, it's non sticky and quiet moisturizing, smells great, has beautiful color, sadly maybe this isn't a product for me :( the packaging is not that nice, you must use your finger to get into the product, a lil bit unhygienic but I personally love the design, really cute :)

one of my most favorite lip balms! :) it smells so nice and sweet that i cannot stop using it! i smells like really really sugary and matured strawberry that it drives me nuts. the only downside of this product is that it can get quite dirty with germs from my fingers because i have to DIP my finger into the balm to get it on my fingers. other than that, the packaging is quite ok! i love this lip balm and i have used up 3 already, and about to get my 4th born lippy lip balm!

It's annoying that you have to apply from the container with your finger, so bacteria and germs get into the container. I love the scents, but I keep it at home and don't use it on the run, since it's not very hygienic. It did moisturize my lips but i felt, like it didn't absorb. But, because of the ah-mazing scent, I would buy it again. If you have chapped lips, this won't help very much.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had bought the raspberry one which smells great n it is really nice. They moisturise the lips properly, stays for long. Its teeny tiny bit more on the wallet but it lasts like super long so totally worth it. I would like to use the tube ones now.

I do like the smell of these. It applies smooth and gives a nice shine.

It doesn't last very long though, and is not very moisturising - it doesn't help much at all if I have chapped lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've got these in Strawberry, Satsuma Shimmer and Raspberry (which is my fave). I really like the fragrance and the fact that it gives a nice tinted sheen to my lips (not the satsuma one though). They soften my lips and don't dry them out. TBS also has some of these in a lipstick-like tube and I like those more than the pots.

Popular Lip Treatments