January 24, 2015 | 1851 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by coralred31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best mascaras I have found and it's quite mind blowing to me, as this mascara is just $3 in the US. I am a major avid mascara fan, I'm always in the search for discovering new, amazing, delivering mascaras, which is also a pain sometimes. Usually I end up with a mascara that either turns your eyelashes into a glob of squashed up mess, spidery lashes, or the mascaras that uncurl your curl. This specific E.L.F. mascara does none of the above! What I look for in a mascara is that feathery look, soft lashes, and a beautiful light refreshing curl. I have a tendency to continuing re-curl my eyelashes with my mascara curler, and alot of the times a mascara that I use is too harsh, too heavy, so the build up lands on my mascara curler. Well, not this one. I continue to re-curl my lashes, and it is still soft, nothing is left on my curler. I just really enjoy using this mascara. It may not be voluminous or dramatic, but with a couple more strokes, I'm sure I could achieve that look. Not heavy, very simple, very classy. Truly amazing. I recommend for soft, velvety lash look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

I was so surprised to see such bad rating, wondering if this product only works on me! Though it makes my lashes look like having snowflake on the top but I use it as a 'base' for the real black mascara, so it's no problem.

Anyway, after a time using it, my lashes do improve the thick and the length, it also gets stronger because it doesn't shed anymore when I remove make up! It helps to remove the waterproof mascara with gentle.

Also, love the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by sawmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so surprised by the bad ratings. I bought it without reading about it, and I'm glad I did. The wand is a little long, which is weird, but I like the brush. It doesn't have tons of product on it since the bristles are separated more than most brushes. That works for me because other mascaras cause a lot of clumping. I find I can control this easily. And I get long lashes from it, not necessarily really thick unless I do multiple coats. I like it, and I have bought it twice. Can't beat the price. I would say I like Clinique lengthening mascara more, but I can live without out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by caz5000

It was OK. I didn't find it did much for lengthening the lashes but it did make them look slightly thicker.

I like the packaging and the wand was a lot better than the big fat one that came with my current mascara (Bad Gal). I wish I could combine the lengthening properties of Bad Gal with the wand of ELF though.

EDIT: I changed this to 4 lippies because it stayed on really well. A good mascara, but doesn't lengthen much

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by arosica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it. I do feel like there is length and volume added to my lashes. (I have pretty long/thick lashes, so most mascaras make my lashes look good.) This doesn't smudge or flake. And no clumpy, glued together lashes! I find it easy to remove, but I use olive oil to remove my eye make up, which has melted off even the most difficult to remove waterproof mascaras. I will keep using and re-buying.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by lelts666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Itīs an ok mascara. It does lengthen and give some volume, but removing it is difficult. It doesnīt flake, but smudges a bit.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by haleyanna19

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I hated the cheap feeling of the wand and brush. The brush is wayyyy too harsh, and I couldn't get my eyelashes evenly because the wand was so awkward. Used it one and then chunked it. Spend your 3 bucks somewhere else! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by mandm082

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are some e.l.f. products that I really like, but this mascara is not one of them. You're definitely getting what you pay for on this one. Length? Kinda. Volume? Not so much. Next time, I'll just spend the few extra dollars for a better mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by silverwing

I have mixed feelings about this mascara. It is not a bad product, but it is not true to its name and that is where the problem is. It adds a little length but no real volume.

What this is a nice mascara for a more natrual eye look. If you are looking for something to add a little natural looking length and darken the lashes a bit, then this is a product to try.

I also liked that it did not clump or flake.

I probably would not buy this again because I prefer a more dramatic look for my eyelashes.

I can see this as a good product to steer towards people who are just starting out with makeup. If your teen wants to start wearing mascara, this may be one to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Terrible. Waste of time and TGI $3.... dont waste your time trying to build and volumize. ICK.