E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua(water), Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat), Butylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Yellow No. 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090)

Okay so I'm not a big liquid eyeliner girl.. Embarassing to say but i just can't seem to make a straight line with it. :( I heard lots of good things about liquid liners that have a felt tip. So when i was at the department store, i ran into the ELF counter and found this little darling.. It's so cheap so I thought what could possibly go wrong? If it was good then good for me but if it was bad then i didn't really lose too much money right?

So for my thoughts.. The packaging is cute. The price amazing. It's around 200pesos which i think is about $3 or something I guess. When i swatched it at the counter I was so amazed on how easily it glides and how good the color payoff is. The packaging says waterproof but i have to slightly disagree on that. It wasn't. When i went home and washed my hand, the swatch just washed off. Easily. So i was a bit worried when i put it on my eyes the next day. So i lined my eyes, again very impressed with the color and how easy it was to apply. For the first time in like forever, i was able to perfect a cat eye!! I was so proud of myself.. My only worry was the staying power. After the end of the day, it was still there but it did fade a bit on some parts but mostly still okay.

So i rate this 5 on packaging, price but just a 3 on quality. Would have wanted more ataying power but i do really like it and would repurchase once finished unless i find a better one that is.

on 1/25/2014 7:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this to see if it could be a replacement for my HG liner while it was out of stock.

And while it's a lovely shade of black, and it's pigmented with one swipe. And it's easy to control it is by no means "waterproof" nor is it water resistant. I swatched it on my hand let it set for a minute then ran it under warm water and it just washed off without any scrubbing, or even touching it! It just rolled off!

I wish it lasted longer, and wouldn't melt off because it's a lovely liner! As it's so cheep i'd say give it a try and see if it works for you!

on 1/19/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It worked great the first time I used it. But it dried out very quickly. The brush isn't that great either. I guess you get what you pay for...

on 1/15/2014 10:18:00 AM

My everyday basic liner for work. Easy to use, nice pigmentation, oh and did I mention it's $1.00!?! It's probably not water-proof, but I have yet to test that out. A few others mentioned it's a little stiff, but that's one of the reasons I like it! I am able to make a nice, straight line every time thanks to that stiff tip. I usually buy 2-3 at a time and will continue to do so.

on 12/24/2013 6:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Buyer beware: This is one of these products where you get the quality that you pay for.

I grabbed this eyeliner because like many others, I saw that it was very cheap. I'm always on the lookout for potential dupes, or cheap makeup that I can play with and figure out what works for me before I buy high-end brands. E.L.F. had some great makeup that worked for me in the past as well. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case with the eyeliner pen here.

This eyeliner pen is definitely not waterproof despite its label. I tested it by drawing a line on my wrist and letting it dry before running water all over it. I only rubbed it very gently, and it completely washed off. I've tested other waterproof eyeliners this way and some of them actually stayed on no matter how hard I rubbed at it. If you want something that's actually waterproof, don't get this eyeliner pen. I can guarantee it will not last beneath watery eyes.

I did like the pigmentation of the eyeliner though. It came on dark, but not too dark - you can use just one layer if you prefer lighter black, or you can build it up. I also liked how the tip is very thin. You won't end up resembling Taylor Momsen if you draw a line on your eyelid. In addition to the cheap price, these are the reasons I bumped the rating over 1.

If you're a beginner then it won't hurt you to try this out for practice - $1 to $2 really is not much to lose here. But if you're more experienced and you simply want some good dupes, I definitely do not recommend this product. It's not something I'd buy again.

on 12/9/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Horrible, it just so bad. It will not go on correctly, it looks faded and like it barely even there. At least it was only one dollar.

on 12/3/2013 1:25:00 AM

I prefer a good waterproof pencil BUT picked this up when I saw it because it was so inexpensive. I really like this pen. I get a perfect line, and one that I can build on easily if I'd like it a little thicker. It's precise enough that I can get that perfect little upturn at the corners of my eyes without it looking like a crazy blotch and gentle enough that i can line the inner rim of my lower eyes without irritation. It maybe doesn't last quite as long as some of my other products, but when it wears it just fades some- it doesn't streak or smudge all around my eyes which is a BIG bonus to it.

on 12/2/2013 9:58:00 PM

I'm not sure why this product has such bad reviews. I use mine nearly every day and have not had a single problem with it. I use this to get a really bold cat eye. I love the fact that it's a pen and not a brush, it goes on nicely and you can layer it if you want to. Mine lasts me all day, even after a 9 hour work day and going to the gym after. And to all those people saying it runs our quickly...it's a DOLLAR. Did you expect it to last you a year? You buy two or three at a time and it will last you a while and still be cheaper than a lot of other liquid eyeliners out there. I will definitely continue using this product.

on 12/1/2013 9:42:00 PM

I love this pen. It has great color and it's pretty easy to put on and it doesn't smudge.the only downfall is that it doesn't last all day.

on 11/18/2013 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This pen works pretty good for only $2. I own it in the Black. It lasts all day on my eyes. And, I have never had any problems with it running or smudging. It is supposed to be waterproof. I have never cried while wearing it yet. So, I cannot say whether it really is waterproof or not (at least on my eyes).

I buy multiples of this product. Because, it will dry up after a while, and its always good to have a backup on hand when such does happen.