September 2, 2014 | 1861 users online

Lip Gloss - Almay - Pure Blends Lip Gloss - All Shades

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Shopaholic818

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Yuck! The only reason I put my eyes on this was because it was on sale for $4! I hesitated between the colors Petal, Peach, and Natural, and settled for Petal. I was very excited to try it out because the color is a really nice nude with hints of light pink. I was also intrigued because it is a "natural" gloss. Unfortunately, it is absolutely terrible!
Like many have stated, the smell is the worst part! It smells like wood, or cardboard, or wax, whatever it is, it smells gross! AND it has absolutely no pigmentation, it's basically a clear gloss, I wished I could've gotten a little bit of nude out of it, even just a sheer tint would've been nice.
I would say the only good thing is that it isn't sticky.
Bottom Line: Don't waste your money, even if you're looking for a clear gloss there are many better alternatives at the drugstore!
I would bring this back to the store, but I'm a little too embarrassed to return something so cheap! :s

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Twentysevenjo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the most DISGUSTING lip gloss I have ever put on my lips. Ironic, because it's made out of much better ingredients than most lip glosses I own. I can't get over the horrible smell and texture. It smells petroleum, diesel fuel, etc. And the first time I used it the color was all separated from the gloss, so i had to squeeze out a bunch of clear gloss in order to get any pigment. thankfully, i only spent $1.75 on this :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by liljenstar88

I got this 75% off at rite aid in peach. The color is great and its not sticky. Color is close to my natural lip color. But like the other reviewers said the smell and taste is quite funky. Its true, it does smell/taste like a wooden popsicle stick! However considering it is 95.8% natural, paraben free, ecofriendly, talc fee, and infused with antioxidants I think I will be able to get past the smell and taste long enough to finish the tube.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

I too bought this for $2 at Walgreens. Maybe I got lucky as mine gloss has no scent or flavoring whatsoever. There was some separating which I easily remedied by massaging the tubing. I got this in Peach and bought it on a whim since I had run out of my got to lip balm (Korres Lip Butters) . I was surprised that for a gloss this moisturizes my lips so well. I am shocked at the negative reviews as product seems to work well for me. But if it smelled as bad as some of the reviewers stated for them I wouldn't be to happy either.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dela_cerna

Yikes. I got this on sale at Walgreens for 2 bucks. I have it in Peony, which is a really pretty nude pink-ish color. Sounds gravy right? Well, it was all good, until I opened it and as everyone has said, the smell. THE SMELL. It totally hits you. I put this on around other people today and I got terribly self conscious because the smell kind of wafted around. Gross. Ironically, it's not supposed to have much chemicals in it, but it smells and tastes unnatural. I can stand many cosmetic smells and not get bothered by it, but this is the only one that I can remember that I really can't stand...so much that I am throwing it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the Peony shade for 75% off at Rite Aid. Yes, when I first opened the tube, there was a lot of separation in the formula, but after giving the tube a good massage, everything had integrated again and the consistency was nice. Smooth and non-sticky.
I suppose I have to address the concerns about the smell. Yes, I was a little startled by it, but it isn't "putrid" or "rancid". Just because this product is lacking the sickly sweet smell of Bonne Bell "strawberry" doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. I understand that these "natural" formulas might separate and they might not smell like roses... but it is a minor trade-off when you consider all of the disgusting chemicals from which you are sparing yourself. So... yeah, it smells like a wooden popsicle stick.

Verdict? I don't think I'll buy this again, and I definitely wouldn't have bought this at full price. But the color and texture on my lips is really lovely.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

I think this product is proof that natural isn't always better. The smell is terrible and offputting. It smells like a combination of wax and cardboard. It's not just that it smells bad, is that the is very strong and very persistent. It's stronger than most glosses that have artificial sweet fragrances. I can only think the smell is because the product doesn't have any fragrance added, although the packaging doesn't state that but I would assume "natural" means no chemicals or fragrances added, therefore what you are smelling are the natural smells of the components of the product. To which I say give me artificial sweetness anyday over this. That said, the colors available are really nice, and seem to be richly pigmented. I have this product in Fig, which is a really great brownish nude color. I want to love it, and if weren't for the fragrance I probably would not only re-purchase but purchase other colors.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:05:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It smells like wood chips with a hint of play-doh. So, like that awesome playhouse you had as a kid.

Thankfully I got this free with the foundation, because I would have been miffed if I actually spent money on this.
I have petal, which looks like a nice light nude pink in the tube, but goes on milky and colorless, feels like it has chunks of sand in it, is sticky, and yes - smells like the described above.

I like the idea. I'm all for slathering less chemically makeup on my face, but this failed to be a quality organic product in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would not buy this again even thought I sort of liked it. I bought mine in the peony shade, which for me would be a flesh,nude looking color. When I first opened the product, I was dismayed at the thick layer of clear....goop at the start of the tube. After squeezing the clear shit out of the bottle, the color comes out finally. The smell is a little odd, but it's not entirely bothersome. The color is sheer, it goes on smooth, it's not sticky or goopy. On the downside, it was almost $5 at target and it smells kind of weird.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got back from a short buying spree and had bought this as the free product when you purchase the pureblend foundation. This lipgloss has such a strong smell I had to wipe it off after applying it. I try to stay away from "natural" products because I know they are going to have some kind of scent but this is Horrible. I can't even describe it like clay with dirt? saving grace on this one is the foundation it has a scent too but that fades and the finish is nice.