October 26, 2014 | 848 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for over a year now, so thought it's due time I write a review. This is the best of the moroccan hair oils I've tried. I was uncomfortable paying so much for a bottle of oil, so I tried using cheaper brands, but they had the tendency to either weigh my hair down, or not provide any hydration whatsoever. I apply this to my hair when it's damp so it absorbs more of the product, and my hair sucks this stuff right up! It also produces a subtle shine, and is a good product to use before blow drying. I've gone through two bottles in the past year (I have longish hair), and am about to buy my third. I took one lippie off for the exorbitant price!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by heohamzb2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many positive feedbacks I decided to try out moroccan oil. It was not quite cheap at all. After taking a shower I applied some on my hair, and it weight down my hair so much. Instead of making my hair look shiny and glossy, it made my hair look oily and greasy. Would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by BamBlastBoom

SILICONES ARE NOT NECESSARILY A BAD THING.

I went to one of my favorite websites, The Beauty Brains (a website written by a group of scientists who bust beauty myth) to find out whether silicones are generally good or bad for the hair.

I'v also collected the most popular questions about silicones, I came across online and tried to answer them:

Do silicones dry out your hair because it stops moisture from getting in?

No one really knows, but in theory it could happen. However the hair would have to be stripped from moisture, and most often the opposite happens - The moisture you have in your hair is locked IN. So, the myth is partly true, but not necessarily a bad thing!

Can you wash silicone out of your hair?

YES, always. However regular use of products containing heavy insoluble silicones require a special cleansing shampoo to be removed completely, so it really depends on the type of silicones and whether or not you have applied multiple products containing heavy silicones. Some are easily washed out, some aren't!

This is what The Beauty Brains website says:

"The properties vary depending on which particular silicone is in the formula. Some silicones do leave a heavy coating on the hair that can be hard to wash off. Others are very water soluble and do not buildup at all. Dimethicone, for example, is the heaviest of all silicones used for hair care. It provides the most smoothing effect but it is also the hardest to wash out. Cyclomethicone on the other hand, gives great slippery feeling while you are rinsing your hair but it quickly evaporates leaving nothing behind."

Will silicones mask the hair damage, so you won't be able to tell your hairs condition?

YES it will!! Isn't that wonderful? It makes your hair look good!!

.. Cause lets face it, if you don't hide your damaged hair, the only other alternative is to cut it off... and really, lets be honest here, no one wants to do that!

I think it works wonders for my hair, but each to our own - but lets not hate it JUST because it contains silicone.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by najahlasha

I'm sold.... Used it for the first time yesterday and I just used a quarter sized amount (I have thick natural hair and pay special attention to my hi-lights) and I immediately saw a difference! I'm giving away all my other hair products (except my Paul Mitchell skinny serum... Love!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Telerouge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not oily at all, makes hair soft and shiny. Great smell, nice packaging.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my hair super shiny which I love. It gave me that "POP" that I was looking for and turned some heads when I went out LOL!

It really kept my hair healthy and moisturized, helped prevent split ends, and maintained my hairs integrity throughout the abuse that I put it through.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I love this oil! It is not too heavy or oily and it smells great! It works GREAT coupled with the Intense Curl Cream when I wear my hair curly.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Linanxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

ik LOVEEE this product!! My hair just feels so amazing :) it's so soft and shiny but my hair becomes greasy if i use to much of the product or to often and the price O.o it's so expensive! That's why i wouldn't repurchase is, well maybe.... ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by kcarrion

Great product, not greasy, smells great, tames my thick frizzy hair and feels sooo soft. Worth the $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by anotherpartofme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a 5 ml sample a month ago and I've been using ever since. I can see it's going to last me for a long time. It makes my hair so soft and much less frizzy. My hair is thin and long but this product doesn't weight it down or makes it greasy like other people have complained. After I wash my hair, I dry it with a towel and comb it. Then I put 2 or 3 drops of this into my palm and rub my palms together. I put hair between my palms and glide my palms down (I only apply from the middle down to the ends because my hair gets oily at roots pretty fast). That's it! This is better than any hair mask or conditioner that I've ever used! I really love it! It smells nice too.