October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Light Diffusing Perfecting Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by paquito

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this product with my Meteorites order from Nordstrom. And I wanted to hate it. I really did. I wanted it to break me out and look awful so that I wouldn't be tempted to spend the money on it.

But...I didn't hate it. I used to use Smashbox primers, and I've run the gamut using different kinds but they all either broke me out or turned me into an oil field after a few hours. This does neither. I have combo skin that's can be extremely flaky in some areas and very oily especially around my nose, and this creates kind of a happy medium. And I will say that I only use 1 tiny pump from the bottle for my entire face. So we'll see how long it lasts. I haven't noticed the sparkles that everyone else has commented on, but I do like that it gives my often dull and patchy skin a sort of glow. The packaging, like almost everyone else mentioned, is also gorgeous.

Is this for everyone? No, and the rants against its exorbitant cost are totally justified. I hope to not have to buy again until I have another Sephora coupon. But I do love the product, and I've actually noticed LESS pimples since I started using it, which leads me to believe that my other primer may have been irritating my sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer is the ONLY primer that i will ever use, and let me tell you why.
The Guerlain Pearls Primer gives me a glow like nothing else does. It makes me look healthy and radiant, and really does make my foundation look even and beautiful (not that my foundation needed that boost, since it is wonderful by itself). It does not break me out, keeps my very dry skin from drying out, and it really doesn't take much to cover my whole face with this primer. It has little 'pearls' suspended in gel, and upon pushing the pump, one of the pearls will burst and out comes a glowy, pink pearly substance.
There are alot of products that promise that "wow" factor, but here, i defiantley got it. All I could think was 'wow, i look great!"
This primer is best when used underneath Meteorites ballz. Used together, they make me look like something out of a fairy-tale.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by diabolicrouge

Oh...how I wanted to love this primer! First of all, you cannot ignore the beautiful glass bottle with tiny pearls inside, it is absolutely beautiful just sitting around your vanity. However, packaging and luxe brand name aside, it is quite a mediocre product. I will say though that if you dislike primers with a distinct silicone feel, you may like this. It lacks the smooth, slippery texture that most primers flooding the market today have (i.e. Smashbox Photo Finish, Hourglass Mineral Veil, etc). It feels quite watery in comparison, and also lacks any moisturizing properties. It dries to a satin matte finish on the skin. It also has tiny sparkles in it that aren't so visible in artificial light, but are quite noticeable in broad daylight.

Since I have oily skin, I was pleased that this did not make me feel greasy at all. But for the price, I found that this does not exceed as a great primer, plus the sparkles turned me off entirely. I continue to use it since it would be a waste not to, but I much prefer my Hourglass Mineral Veil or Benefit Pore-fessional to smooth out my skin, and provide a nice canvas for my foundation. Or if you are looking for a luminous effect, I suggest Burberry's Fresh Glow primer, which is $20 less than Guerlain's and performs much better, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to admit that this is something I would never have picked up and tried on my own, as I've never seen the use for primer and the price tag on this is less than comforting. However, I went to try out the Lingerie de Peau foundation and the SA insisted on using this on my skin first. I ended up getting the primer rather than the foundation! I think it looks beautiful alone (with concealer in spots, of course) and under foundation it gives the effect of still seeing skin due to the shimmer and rosy quality... even if you've had to apply quite a bit of makeup. I have to say that I don't think it adds much in the way of making my foundation last longer, although I don't have a huge problem with that anyway. My skin is dry rather than oily, and I do find that the primer has a soothing effect on dry spots and makeup goes on better over these areas than it usually does.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- not erasing my negative review as it would still hold true for less sleep-deprived times. Howevr. Now that I'm a mother I reeeeeally need the boost n glow this gives me, and it does make a noticeable difference in terms of look and longevity of base m/u. The glow does shine through. So impressed that I went and bought a full size ( was using a sample before that lasted months!!) With the full size I am more generous and do 2 pumps of this. It truly makes a difference and I will repurchase!
-'
Very lame. I can name several products that are better, or even just mixing a bit of High Beam into your regular primer or silicone-containing moisturizer will work better. The "pearl" effect is rather frosty+powdery on skin, not glowy. Lame lame lame. No repurchase from me. Do not recommend, but the bottle is pretty. *rolls eyes* reading the positive reviews gives me interesting insight into the human tendency to self-delude... I am guilty of it too, but i guess the reviews are mainly important for those who are wondering if they should spend, whether the results are worth it- answer: no.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by annia316

I am usually very suspicious when it goes to primer. I've had a few but didn't notice any change in the way the foundation stayed during the day. I got the Guerlain Meteorites Primer because its super pretty and its very hyped among German Beauty Youtubers. I had to do a bride's makeup this weekend so I thought I give this a try. I bought the Primer 2 weeks before the wedding and tested it on myself. A little bit primer goes a long way. So one pump was enough for my whole face. I applied MAC's Face&Body Foundation and wend to work. I AM BEYOND AMAZED BY THIS PRIMER! Usually I find traces of makeup on my glasses where it touches the nose within 30 minutes. But not so this time! No make-up residue on my glasses even after hours. That's much more than I expected!! Even the blush lasted longer on me! I tried it a second day to work. This time with a drugstore foundation (Bourjois HEALTHY MIX FOUNDATION). Same with this product. So I used it on the bride .. but we used a sampler I got from the Guerlain sales person (Lingere de Peau) and the bride looked flawless the whole day :) I am very amazed by this primer and would repurchase this anytime. Only Con I noticed: For me its nothing I would wear on a daily basis because I got small bumps on my forehead after using it two days in a row. But its perfect to have for THIS special day :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I've been buying Guerlain products lately & started collecting their famous products, that being said, i didn't miss to get this beautiful looking primer. The packaging stands out among other primers in the market today. As with Guerlain packaging in general, they're classy & some are quite heavy in material. The primer is runny like normal face serums & it has shimmers which came from the pearls. I don't think that this is an outstanding primer but it works great in conjunction with Guerlain foundations. I wore this under Parure Extreme foundation (I have separate review on that) which doesn't have full coverage & the shimmery glow from the primer still stood out. A heavier foundation will make this primer lose it's glory (useless in short) & basically do nothing to change your complexion. It's better to purchase Guerlain Meteorites balls if you're after the glow effect. Given that, this primer can become weak in light-diffusing purposes depending on the foundation used. Another set back is I don't think it's even good for adhering your makeup longer. It smooths the skin coz of its serum-like texture, adds glow & will work better under powder foundation. It's an OK product but not a must-have.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by almetylowy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

almost only pros
"+"
nice texture of this primer - serum-like
doesn't clog pores
very good for oily skin in winter time, works for me (in summer I haven't tried to use it)

"-"
expensive

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by jlin113

Amazingly beautiful packaging, but way too expensive. For a primer of this price I would expect a super satin flawless finish. It did none of that whatsoever. It didn't really have much of a smoothing effect on my skin. I spoke to a makeup artist who advised that I should try applying it on TOP of my makeup as a film to lock and secure it for the entire night. I tried that and it is quite effective in that your makeup doesn't rub onto the collar of your shirt, but be careful because the product is extremely watery so don't rub in or else you might rub some of your makeup off! Would not be buying this again. I prefer the Hourglass Mineral Veil or the Too Faced Flawless face primers over this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is something I got the compulsion to buy one weekend, I've walked past it many times in the past and it's never caused me an issue to leave it in the shop but this weekend I decided I had to have it.
The reason I chose this primer is because it seemed more fluid and more serum like than others, this is aside from the fact it's almost ornamental in design and so utterly gorgeous it makes me want a Marie Antoinette style dresser and the rest of the damn gorgeous guerlain products to go with it!! I also love the scent, it is just divine.

My experience with this product was somewhat underwhelming, but that's ok, because it's what I expected. I feel like products like this have this amazing capacity to inspire massive expectation in those who buy them, they look so utterly amazing that you expect them to transform you. I had this experience with the meteorites balls, but I quickly came to realise that these beauty products are as much about ornamental beauty as anything...not all of them are the "get the job done" products that tend to come in less flashy packaging. I'm kinda cool with that.
Meteorites are subtle glow enhancers, they are NOT going to change anything drastically, they just add a certain almost not really there glow to the skin.

If you are looking for something that is going to highlight your face then I don't think this is necessarily the product for you, try becca ssp - i have it in pearl, you get immediate and instant results that you notice! If you have a heavy foundation, you will not see the effect, i wear mine under tinted moisturiser for a very barely lit effect.

So it kind of sounds like I've got not much good to say about this primer? Why do I like it? I like it because I love my makeup products to be beautiful, I also do not like wearing heavy and thick things on my face, I love Beccas tinted moisturiser because it's thinner, i love this because it's thinner and makes my makeup go on smoother.
I kind of love vanity products that are somewhat magical and look amazing on my dresser. I'm not saying this doesn't do the job, but it might not do everything you expect, it doesn't create a lit up canvas free of all flaws, it preps your skin and adds some sparkle and the pink is undetectable once on the skin - at least on my pale complexion.

I don't find it takes a long time to dry like others and i use one pump, I found it hard to put on my TM after washing my face because my skin was dry and things didn't spread well so this is great to put on and cools my skin as well. This product gives me an emotional boost with it's pretty bottle as well as a physical one with its subtle sparkle. It's that kind of thing that I look for in a product.

I hope this is somewhat helpful if a bit of a scewiff review. If you love beautiful products and thinner primers then try it :-)

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No