September 23, 2014 | 1050 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Fez

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by sarawthouttheh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first Nars shadow purchase, made the other day! I'm in love, and of course, want to give Nars all my money now. Whoops. The packaging is great, and there is a LOT of product. About the color... I am SO glad I chose this over Galapagos. I swatched both and just hated the visible glitter in Galapagos. It felt kind of cheesy to me. This is perfect, and gives me an amazing smokey eye. I have brown hair and brown eyes... and a brown smokey eye really makes me features pop, as strange as it sounds! I put that I would repurchase, but I probably won't have to, because I feel like this is going to last forever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gabbeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my one cracked, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by izzybella

Fez is a warm coppery bronze brown shimmer. I'm not a fan of bronzes because they tend to be too warm on me but Fez came in the Pleasures of Paris palette and I tried it because it was there. Superb silky pigmentation and easy to blend, but it had a tendency to make me look sickly. I'd very much prefer a brown like Mekong or the darker shade in the Cordura duo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 5:58:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Its a nice autumn roasted brown/bronze in my opinion. I got this in the Fall of '09 and it really warmed up my face and I love the softness of this eyeshadow (It has cracked in the pan however, kinda sad because that doesn't help with application) I blends nicely and makes my dark eyes look very mysterious and sexy. *Note, you don't need alot of this product to get a nice shade. I use it in the crease and sometimes all over the eyelid. I dont wear liner with this. Its not as interesting as Galapagos. I at first wanted Lola Lola but that shadow just made my eye look like it was bruised. I will buy it again since it is a nice fall colour and wearable to work. It does the work of Woodwinked & Bronze by MAC but all in one single eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In reading the make up board, I've seen the name FEZ come up a bit. I have NARS galapagos and it is my favorite brown, but I wanted to try this.

This is not as dark, its a more muted bronzey / milk chocolately e/s. VERY nice. Blendable, highly pigmented - shimmery. I like NARS e/s, I find them long lasting, they pick up on the brush nice, easy to blend, the color in the pan is the color it is.

I don't find this to be as unique as Galapagos. I did put I would repurchase. I doubt I will ever use this all up, but I am not sure I would re purchase at this point as I think this color is a little average. Maybe as time goes on, I will change my mind. I do NOT regret buying it, but not sure if its a repurchase.

EDIT - what a hater I am. I love this e/s. I use it a lot. Its actually kind of bumped out poor old Galapagos.. LOL. Its very very wearable / buildable. I really really like it !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love bronze eye shadows and this is one of my two favourite bronze e/s (the other one is NARS' Key Largo). I bought Fez to create my evening smokey-bronzed look, while I use Key Largo for the daytime smokey-bronzed look. As most NARS' e/s, this e/s is exceptional quality and I can create my new signature smokey eye quickly. All I do is put some e/s primer like Too Faced e/s Insurance, let it dry, then I sweep Fez over my eyelids below the crease, add black liner on my waterline and black mascara and I am done. Takes less than 5 minutes and looks gorgeous!
Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful brown: mid-toned, golden, bronzey/taupey, with no orange tones. Unlike many browns, Fez does not look muddy on my skin. It has enough depth to make my eyes stand out, but it's not dark enough to make me look ill. Can be worn alone as a sheer wash, or layered for more drama. If the brown side of Cordura was too warm and dirt-like, I'd suggest Fez.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by coquette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Fez kind of reminds me of MAC's Mulch. It's a bit lighter, but it's in that same gold/red/bronze family. It's extremely pigmented and easy to blend. The texture is very soft, which I love and hate at the same time. Mine has already cracked! I have a feeling this happens with a lot of Nars shadows, so be careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by samanthamaeee

This eyeshadow was my first purchase from the NARS cosmetic line. I purchased mine at Sephora at a hefty price tag of $22 dollars (correct me if I am wrong), but it is definitely worth it!

Inside the attractive packaging is a small mirror and A LOT of product. NARS eye shadows contain 2.2g versus a 1.3g in a MAC eye shadow. Fez is an easy to wear dark brown shade with fine golden shimmers. It is very soft, easy to blend, and extremely pigmented.

The only downside is that it is somewhat delicate. I took this with me in my purse to school and found it shattered!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by marisol24

I love this eyeshadow! very pigmented and it's great for a subtle bronzey smoky eye. A bit expensive though but overall it's a great shadow.