September 23, 2014 | 1850 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Olay - Regenerist Eye Make-up Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by jentalkin2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm honesty surprised at the bad reviews on this product. I like it quite well so far. I was looking for a non-drying cleanser that is effective at removing makeup and won't irritate my skin. My face gets dehydrated easily - especially from foaming cleansers. I didn't have any problems with the pump dispenser - it's just a larger version of the Regenerist serum bottle and pump. One pump was perfect for my eyes and another pump for the rest of my face. I don't know why this is marketed as an eye makeup remover, though, becuase it's simply a cream cleanser. It has that characteristic Regenerist scent, which I find to be pleasant. I gently rubbed one pump on dry, makeup-laden eyes. After about 30 seconds I used another pump for my entire (DRY) face and wiped clean with a warm, damp washcloth. I was impressed that when I finally opened my eyes not ONE trace of makeup was left on my face - not even my eyes. Granted I don't wear waterproof mascara, so I can't speak for that, but it worked great for regular mascara. The skin on the rest of my face was left extremely clean, soft, smooth and not irritated in the least bit. I took off one lippie only because, as someone else stated, my eyes are left with a slight burn and film - I didn't rinse with water. Next time I'll splash my eyes with water at the end. I've had this problem with other makeup removers (namely Nivea and Clinique TTDO), but as long as I rinse well it doesn't seem to be a problem). I would recommend trying this product as an all-over creamy facial cleanser more than just an eye makeup remover (although it works well for that, too). EDIT: Unfortunately when I tried this again with a heavier face of makeup it didn't pass the toner test. :( I'll give it 3 lippies, though, because it's non-drying and non-irritating and would work well for light makeup removal.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by theused

this is the first eye makeup plus anti aging cream cleanser that i have used,.....and i have to say that i am very satisfied with that results that i have gotten from just one application
my eyes are soft and its cooling......it stings a bit but just rinse well

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2009 5:31:00 PM More reviews by skempy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a member here at MUA for quite some time now (years!) and have never felt strongly enough about a product to take the time to write a review. In the past few weeks, I have found an HG shampoo and conditioner as well as an HG foundation worthy of great reviews - YAY! Oddly enough though, what I also found (and what really motivated me to write!) was this awful product from Olay. Even if what was inside was worthwhile, the pump dispenser needs some serious tweaking. As hard as I try, I cannot dispense the right amount of product without it squirting out all over the place, causing a mess and wasting the lotion. And that's another thing - it's a lotion - which is a nice idea but fails to get the job done like it's thinner counterparts are able to. To make matters worse, while it may contain wrinkle-fighting ingredients, the amount of rubbing you must do to actually remove eye makeup would certainly negate any potential benefit from those ingredients. If, during all the vigorous rubbing you must use to get the job done, you should get even a trace of it in your eye...beware! You will spend the next 30 minutes with an annoying film of lotion blurring your vision. This product was so completely disappointing that I cannot think of even one redeeming feature! I plan on returning it tomorrow. C'est la vie.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by getsinyoureyes

This doesn't do what it claims to do. It claims to remove eye makeup, usually the only eye makeup I wear is mascara and this doesn't even remove that. I tried gently rubbing this into the eye area and then wiping off with a tissue, after all that I find that I am still wearing mascara. I reapply this and rub a bit more harshly with a tissue, half of my mascara is still there and the other half appears to be smeared under my eyes. At this point I said f*ck it and pulled out my regular dual phase Lumene eye make up remover. Thankfully this was only a sample so I felt no remorse when I trashed it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by beddheadd

I tried to like this product. It has a very inoffensive, but very Olay fragrance -- slightly perfumey, but it is not irritating. I thought this would come out as a aloe vera-like gel (clear) but was surprised that it came out as a creamy cleanser. Honestly, while this removes eye makeup, I think it's a cream cleanser in disguise. I'm not sure why they market it as an eye makeup remover. It does not remove the eye makeup more remarkably than any of my cream cleansers...and my entire reason for purchasing it was so I could have a nice creamy eye makeup remover that will take off the waterproof mascara. I like the idea that it is creamy, but would have preferred a dense gel or something, or something that is like the Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover (dual-phase). It doesn't melt the eye makeup off...I still have to put in a little elbow grease, which I dislike because it makes me rub the delicate eye area far too much. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by devildogtess

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed in this product. Way too much perfume, very thick consistency, it did not remove my mascara at all. I will stick with Rimmel eye make up remover, which is cheaper and works well.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by debkrebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use Max Factor Lash Perfection Waterproof mascara. It didnt budge with this eye makeup remover. I normally use clinique's take the day off and it works just fine. I was looking for something less expensive and the claim to help with wrinkles was too tempting not to try. The cream squirted all over and while it didnt sting my eyes, I just didnt perform.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by megbenoit

Love the way this product works....it has the consistency of a lotion. I applied it to a cotton ball and swiped it over my eyes. The makeup came off really well but since the remover is so thick you HAVE to wash you face afterwards. It didnt make my eyes sting and it only took a little bit of the product to remove the makeup. It took all my makeup off though so I would buy this product again for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Though I really like the Regenerist line in general, I have noticed that they have been adding an incredible amount of perfume of late. I like the scent, granted, but a fifth of what they put into these products would be fine. Or, they should make an unscented version, especially for eye makeup removers. This seems to be just as good as my Estee Lauder Take It Away cream eye makeup remover, and leaves my skin without any greasy residue. I also like this because it doesn't cause "blinding" with an oily film as some like products can and do. Overall, a really good eye makeup remover, but sheesh I wish they would go easy on the perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by rubinovaja

I am very excited because I have finally found my perfect eye makeup remover!

I have tried a lot of different ones, and actually, my favorite one is Lancome Bi-Facil, but it is expensive. This one is the second best in my book. Bi-Facil does a little better job, but this remover is considerably cheaper, so it wins.

I have given up on eye makeup removers for a while and started using my regular face creams instead.... They do a great job, by the way, just make sure to use a thicker formula and try not to get any in your eyes - some sting a bit. This one is just like those creams: moisturises with anti-wrinkle stuff, removes all the makeup quickly, no need to blot or rinse afterwards (I used to do that with all of the other eye makeup removers because I was afraid that chemicals in them might "eat" at my delicate skin...). If you get it in your eyes it will sting a little for a fraction of a second, but not really a big deal.

I have been using it for about a week now, and my skin is just fine, no irritation, not dry, not too oily (gosh, I hate oily makeup removers!)
The price I payed was $9, and with a considerably decent size of a tube - it is a deal! I also appreciate the pump dispenser - it gives just the right amount.

This is my update.
I am so annoyed with the stupid pump!
It squirts everywhere!!!
But seriously, very annoying. No matter how careful I do it, it just shoots the cream past my cotton pad (bounces off, actually) and straight on the wall, on the sink...
And, it does sting the eyes.
I have read here on MUA that girls use Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and I am hooked! Thankfully, I have been using this makeup remover for a while so there is only a little left. Won't feel that bad throwing it out. EVOO does the job very, very well and withought the stinging. Plus, it moisturizes like hell and lashes are supposedly growing like grass from it. (Not sure on the latter statement, only tried a few times.)
I know I said, I hate oily makeup removers, but it is not all that bad. Maybe because this in natural and I am just a sucker for natural stuff. Dunno. continued >>