Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 1/7/2013 10:36:00 PM

Oh my, this mascara turned out to be everything that I loath and try to avoid in a mascara.

It is dry, it makes my lashes look like creepy spider legs, and it made my lashes hard, stiff, and crunchy. Trying to take it off was awful - it was like I had dried egg on my lashes. The only thing I don't know is if it migrates to the skin under my eyes - another loathsome mascara hate - because I didn't wear it longer than a hour.

I was looking for an everyday mascara - no fuss. Wanted to get another Full and Soft but Shopper's didn't carry it any more. Bought this one on sale because I've used the CG Professional before so I thought this one might be fun to try. I bought the Black Gold for my Hazel eyes (I have gold flecks in my eye colour so I couldn't wait to see the effect- there was none).

I loath when mascara makes my lashes all different lengths, coats them in a creepy spider leg look, and blunts them at the end. I want glossy, soft, tapered points and I want my lashes to maintain their relative length - not have one or two lashes stick out longer than any of the others - ugh!!!

I couldn't comb out or brush out the dry clumpy coating. Even EVOO had a hard time getting it off my lashes. Forget it. I'm going back to Bourjois mascaras.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought this product off & on for the last 5 years. I love the way it makes my eyes look, as the rest of the reviewers what they say is true. BUT the last couple of months I have not had luck with this product. The mascara flakes/clumps, breaks off into my eye, & I wear contacts. Very painful. I've even started losing lashes. Plus I get racoon eyes & it started staining making me look like I haven't slept in months. So I changed. I will miss this product, but I'm sure I'll find something else.

on 12/18/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Best mascara i've used in my life. Like seriously... I freaking love this mascara. Its volumizes lashes, makes them thicker and it is water proof! Can't get any better than that!!

on 11/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the best mascara I have used by far. I have experimented with other drugstore mascaras and I mean all of which claim to be "waterproof, smudge-proof" etc. However, those other mascara's would be watery and heavy and pull my curled eyelashes back to its naturally straight position. I have been looking for this mascara's even better version in any other brand, but I haven't found anything comparable. And in addition to it's waterproof and smudge-proof effectiveness, I need a mascara will a small brush but long bristles because I have small Asian eyes. This mascara provides most of what I look for in a mascara however, I wish it was just a little more smudge-proof. I get some dark shadow but not as much as the other mascaras I've tried in the drugstore and department stores.

UPDATE: 3/7/13 After I wrote this review I purchased a new mascara which works better therefore I'm changing this overall rating from 5 to 4.

on 11/2/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised at the low rating of this product. I have short, delicate, easily clumpable lashes and this is great for me. If you hate products like lash blast, give this a try.I am not personally a big volume seeker, just lengthening and separating. the wand is small and easy to use. It is very water proof and the only mascara I have found that will not end up in a dark ring under my eyes.

on 10/7/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really like this mascara. It goes on very smoothly and removes easily as well. There's no clumping, and it really adds a lot of length and volume. I have it in black gold and it really brightens my eyes, and I like how it enhances your lashes but doesn't do so to the effect of looking like you're trying too hard. My friends all ask what mascara I use and I get tons of compliments... definitely will use again.

on 7/6/2012 1:30:00 PM

I've been a CoverGirl mascara wearer for years. The brand seems to work the best for me. I wore Professional (regular) for years, then I went to the Volume kind in the fat orange tube. It flaked alot and I wasn't very happy with it. I just got contacts and needed to go to Waterproof, so I bought several different brands and began trying them. Waterproof Exact Eyelights for Hazel eyes was the third and final trial mascara. I love this mascara. It doesn't irritate my contacts and doesn't flake. It builds volume for me and the color is subtle. It works very well for me. Thanks!

on 5/25/2012 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Average mascara..I'm just using it because I don't want to waste it. I can't even really tell the difference it supposedly makes for each eye colour.

It doesn't do much in terms of lengthening, volume, etc.

on 5/20/2012 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my. Me and exact eyelights... we've had a time. This used to be my hg, you see. Back when I was so naive, so young.

I used this for years. I for some reason loved it. But I went through my own horrible mascara stages, of when I would wear TONS and it looked like spider legs... yeah. I've obviously had my own mascara issues.

But coming back to this product now after using Maybelline's Full n Soft mascara for a while, I realize how cruddy this stuff is. Honestly, it's better than a lot of mascaras, but it's not as good as full n soft (my new hg). It's ok. My favorite thing about this mascara is (for the waterproof one) its waterproofing qualities. Man, I've never seen a more waterproof mascara. I could go swimming and it'll still be there, basically the same.

Also, this stuff flakes a little. Eh. It's just so meh. And kinda expensive.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was my first mascara. I got it when I was very young, so I didn't know it was that bad back then. But now when I look at pictures, it added no oomph what-so-ever. No volume, no length, just blackening. Plus, the gold specks in the hazel one were all over my face! I decided to go back to the store and buy it again and see if it was just because i was terrible at wearing mascara, but NOPE! Waste of my money. It did the same thing. When i tried to curl it, it just made an obvious like sending the lashes in many weird directions. I would not recommend this, because you can get better mascaras like the covergirl lengthening or volumising, or even faslies mascara for the same price. Covergirl, what were you thinking?