Cover Girl Exact Eyelights

3.1

on 2/10/2013 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My favorite mascara!
I always like the natural look, and usually skip mascara just because my eyes look bigger without it, but I love using this mascara, it does give me some sort of light to my eyes, they just seem brighter, I only like the waterproof one; it's long lasting and it keep my lashes curled throughout the day and it's also easy to remove when I cleanse my face. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone looking for a natural look.

xox.
ALY (:

on 2/9/2013 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I don't wear makeup every day, so I end up keeping things like mascara for longer than I should. Having not purchased a new mascara in waaay too long, I bought the Exact Eyelights thinking even if it didn't really make my eye color pop, I still needed new mascara, and I didn't notice a huge price difference between this and the rest of the Lash Exact line.

When I got home to try it out, I couldn't believe how disappointed I was. I bought the Black Ruby for green eyes. When you look at the mascara itself, you can definitely see the "ruby" tint to it, however, on my eyelashes, I didn't notice it at all. I have naturally thick and dark eyelashes. Perhaps on lighter lashes it would be more noticeable. But when comparing one eye with mascara to the other eye without, I didn't notice any difference in eye color. What's worse was I barely noticed any difference in my lashes period, even after multiple coats. Probably due to the ruby tint, my eyelashes didn't stand out as much as they do when I wear jet black mascara. Not only that, but my lashes clumped, and I didn't experience any volume, length or curl from the mascara. The only way I could tell I was wearing any on that eye was because of the clumping.

I then put some of my old Lash Exact lengthening mascara on my other eye to compare. And even though that mascara is years old, it still looked WAY better. The lashes fanned out, no clumping and were darker and more noticeable. Even after curling and brushing both eyes, there was a very noticeable difference between the two mascaras (with the Exact Eyelights looking worse.)

I'm pretty disappointed in this purchase. When I buy a drugstore brand, I know I'm not going to be getting the same quality as something from Sephora, but the Exact Eyelights didn't even stand up to another mascara from the same Cover Girl line. It was a waste of money because I can't see myself wearing it ever because my lashes honestly looked better without it than with it.

on 1/22/2013 6:35:00 PM

This was my first tube of mascara. I just starting wearing makeup and I didn't want to wear something too much too soon, so I went for a more natural, subtle look. This mascara was perfect for a first timer and a person who wears makeup for years.
This mascara didn't give great volume and length, but enough for your eyes and lashes to enhance your beauty. The packaging was simple and great. CoverGirl is known for their giant brush and tubes and is sometimes a turn off for me. This product was a nice difference.
Even though I have tried more mascara now, I would purchase this again for a more natural look.

on 1/7/2013 10:36:00 PM

Oh my, this mascara turned out to be everything that I loath and try to avoid in a mascara.

It is dry, it makes my lashes look like creepy spider legs, and it made my lashes hard, stiff, and crunchy. Trying to take it off was awful - it was like I had dried egg on my lashes. The only thing I don't know is if it migrates to the skin under my eyes - another loathsome mascara hate - because I didn't wear it longer than a hour.

I was looking for an everyday mascara - no fuss. Wanted to get another Full and Soft but Shopper's didn't carry it any more. Bought this one on sale because I've used the CG Professional before so I thought this one might be fun to try. I bought the Black Gold for my Hazel eyes (I have gold flecks in my eye colour so I couldn't wait to see the effect- there was none).

I loath when mascara makes my lashes all different lengths, coats them in a creepy spider leg look, and blunts them at the end. I want glossy, soft, tapered points and I want my lashes to maintain their relative length - not have one or two lashes stick out longer than any of the others - ugh!!!

I couldn't comb out or brush out the dry clumpy coating. Even EVOO had a hard time getting it off my lashes. Forget it. I'm going back to Bourjois mascaras.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've bought this product off & on for the last 5 years. I love the way it makes my eyes look, as the rest of the reviewers what they say is true. BUT the last couple of months I have not had luck with this product. The mascara flakes/clumps, breaks off into my eye, & I wear contacts. Very painful. I've even started losing lashes. Plus I get racoon eyes & it started staining making me look like I haven't slept in months. So I changed. I will miss this product, but I'm sure I'll find something else.

on 12/18/2012 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Best mascara i've used in my life. Like seriously... I freaking love this mascara. Its volumizes lashes, makes them thicker and it is water proof! Can't get any better than that!!

on 11/16/2012 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the best mascara I have used by far. I have experimented with other drugstore mascaras and I mean all of which claim to be "waterproof, smudge-proof" etc. However, those other mascara's would be watery and heavy and pull my curled eyelashes back to its naturally straight position. I have been looking for this mascara's even better version in any other brand, but I haven't found anything comparable. And in addition to it's waterproof and smudge-proof effectiveness, I need a mascara will a small brush but long bristles because I have small Asian eyes. This mascara provides most of what I look for in a mascara however, I wish it was just a little more smudge-proof. I get some dark shadow but not as much as the other mascaras I've tried in the drugstore and department stores.

UPDATE: 3/7/13 After I wrote this review I purchased a new mascara which works better therefore I'm changing this overall rating from 5 to 4.

on 11/2/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am surprised at the low rating of this product. I have short, delicate, easily clumpable lashes and this is great for me. If you hate products like lash blast, give this a try.I am not personally a big volume seeker, just lengthening and separating. the wand is small and easy to use. It is very water proof and the only mascara I have found that will not end up in a dark ring under my eyes.

on 10/7/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really like this mascara. It goes on very smoothly and removes easily as well. There's no clumping, and it really adds a lot of length and volume. I have it in black gold and it really brightens my eyes, and I like how it enhances your lashes but doesn't do so to the effect of looking like you're trying too hard. My friends all ask what mascara I use and I get tons of compliments... definitely will use again.

on 7/6/2012 1:30:00 PM

I've been a CoverGirl mascara wearer for years. The brand seems to work the best for me. I wore Professional (regular) for years, then I went to the Volume kind in the fat orange tube. It flaked alot and I wasn't very happy with it. I just got contacts and needed to go to Waterproof, so I bought several different brands and began trying them. Waterproof Exact Eyelights for Hazel eyes was the third and final trial mascara. I love this mascara. It doesn't irritate my contacts and doesn't flake. It builds volume for me and the color is subtle. It works very well for me. Thanks!