December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Mxlly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smooth skin? Psh. This product isn't that bad considering the price, but it isn't great either. It was the first powder I ever bought and it worked for me at first. But the more I used it the more unsatisfied I became. I realized that the powder was too powdery on my face, it was SO obvious that I had powder on! (I always wore it after applying my foundation) and it wasn't that I was using too much powder, I really wasn't. I bought a new different one, used it the same way, same amount and gave me flawless results compared to this powder.

The powder wasn't obvious under bad lighting, but once you went outside and to other places, under different lightings it was obvious.

The only good thing I have to say, is that the color shade was right, and it controlled my oily T-Zone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Sallamanda

For what I need from a pressed powder, this is just fine. The limited range in colours does not affect me, as my skin is very pale, and so the translucent shade is ideal. I especially love how it lightens my foundation, as I find it extremely difficult to find a good foundation in the right shade. It is definitely an essential item for me.
The only downside is the packaging, which is quite cheap looking... The applicator which comes with it isn't particularly good, either, but when you can buy a whole bag of make up sponges for a pound, that isn't particularly important.
I really like this; packaging aside, the product itself is great, and I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For being DIRT CHEAP, this powder isn't THAT bad. The colour selection is horrible, I think there is like.. 3 shades to chose from. I bought Warm Beige, and it is WAY too light... not even beige at all. But I seem to make it work. It is pretty sheer, but it leaves a nice matte finish, which I love. Sometimes it looks a little chalky, and when using a powder brush, it almost turns into dust and gets everywhere. However, I would purchase again if I needed something cheap and quick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I love how this product does not add color (Translucent shade), which is crucial for me and my pale foundations. Also, it adds a diffused light look and helps hide imperfections and give me that porcelain doll skin look. However, this does not get a "5" because it does very little to control oil :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:23:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

There's nothing remarkable about this product other than the price, considering how little variation in quality there is in pressed powder. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by MAKEUPMAAM

Dupe for MAC Blot Powder? Not really. But this product is pretty darn good. No fall out, unlike my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder (the one with the pink, green, and yellow swirls). I use this powder to set my concealer (Essence Forget it!, which is also a great product). Amazingly, when applied with a light hand, the coverage is just as good as the powder foundation I had been using. The difference is that I look less cakey now. It really sops up the excess oil well. So, needless to say, this is my daily makeup now. No more correcting powder and loose powder for this middle-aged lady. This stuff is unbelievable. I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

I bought this because the loose powder variation was too risky to travel with (crap packaging). I have dark skin (NW 43), and this will leave a slight white cast, even tho its touted as 'translucent'. Its good in a pinch, if you have something to set it with (I always have Fix+ handy), but Ive found more than one touch up during the day using this, will result in an absolute mess. I keep it in my gym bag as a back up after a morning work out, but I have no real intention of using this on the regular. Its good over my tinted moisturizer (which is really greasy), but otherwise, meh. I wouldnt recommend using the puff that comes with it, definitely needs a brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by eqqusole

Bought this in 'Translucent' and it turned my face white. Applicator and case are very cheap and chintzy. You get what you pay for!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that the first couple of days I used this powder, I absolutely loved it. Now though, it's okay-good but not great. I like the packaging quite a bit, it's lightweight and easy to travel with. And so far I have had no problems with the pressed powder breaking off, like almost all of my other pressed powders do so that is a plus.
While it does brighten up my face a bit and gives me some added color while "mattifying" my liquid foundation... it's results don't last long before I'm oily again. So I started using this powder and then finishing it with Palladio translucent rice powder on my T-zone. The combo of those two costs me less than $10 which I love :) :) :)
That has so far been pretty successful, and I will finish with that powder routine until this product is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Love this powder!! Such a nice, basic powder. I'm a hair lighter than NC15, and I buy Translucent and it looks natural on me. Packaging is cheap as hell but whatever, it's only 3 bucks! GO BUY IT!