April 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by karissajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that the first couple of days I used this powder, I absolutely loved it. Now though, it's okay-good but not great. I like the packaging quite a bit, it's lightweight and easy to travel with. And so far I have had no problems with the pressed powder breaking off, like almost all of my other pressed powders do so that is a plus.
While it does brighten up my face a bit and gives me some added color while "mattifying" my liquid foundation... it's results don't last long before I'm oily again. So I started using this powder and then finishing it with Palladio translucent rice powder on my T-zone. The combo of those two costs me less than $10 which I love :) :) :)
That has so far been pretty successful, and I will finish with that powder routine until this product is gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Love this powder!! Such a nice, basic powder. I'm a hair lighter than NC15, and I buy Translucent and it looks natural on me. Packaging is cheap as hell but whatever, it's only 3 bucks! GO BUY IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by mlq490

When it comes to powder, I don't have many needs. I want something to set my foundation to give it a matte finish, make it longer lasting, and be my skin tone (I have Warm Beige) to slightly enhance coverage. This worked and is the cheapest powder in my nearest CVS, but it's not like it has amazing coverage or has sturdy packaging or a silky feel. This product is just average, portable and affordable, so I like it, but it's not outstanding in any way.
UPDATE: this is rather chalky... but i still use it, because it does the job. I don't think I would repurchase because I want more coverage in a powder, and this has sheer coverage that isn't too buildable without caking.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this powder in "translucent," thinking it was a finishing powder. Maybe I was wrong and it's just an odd name for a powder foundation? Because it is very light, nearly ghost white, and it is definitely not translucent. If I apply it very lightly I can probably still use it to set my foundation, but I wouldn't have bought it if I had known what it was like.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by FabulousFemme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is decent for the price. It absorbs oil and makes my skin look really smooth. However, if too much is applied, it makes my face look very flat and cakey. I bought the translucent one because it was the only powder that was light enough to match my skin tone. The biggest negative about this product is the fact that it really irritated my eyes. I like to set my under eye concealer, so that was a definite turnoff. As well, if any flakes got into my eyes, they caused tiny scratches to form on my contact lenses. I have never had this happen to me before with any other powder. So in conclusion, if you just want a super cheap powder, this is an okay product, however I do not recommend this powder to contact lens wearers.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely underwhelming, nothing special. Affirms my belief that things that go over large masses of your face are worth investing in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder- even more than my Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Well i LOVE this powder so much more bc I wasnt lookin for the matte look most of the time. (when i want a more matte finish i do use Maybelline Dream Matte) but this powder gives you a more natural finish. more of a satin finish which i love about it since i have normal to dry skin depending apon the weather so more times than not i dont want anything to make me more matte unless im doing a look. this is my favorite powder ever! i love both the Pressed and Loose Powder-both absolutely phenomenal!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by kisstheradio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's cheap, and it works. I wish I could give this a 3.5. I have oily skin and use this as an all-over-the-face setting powder. It's not that great at oil control, but at the price, I can't complain. I find if I apply this with the wrong brush, sometimes my face can look a little chalky - but mostly, it works fine. I'm NC25 and use the 'translucent' shade - it doesn't seem to change the color of my face or anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by TayEmAubLy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this product 6 months ago and i was thrilled about it. It was kinda disappointing. I got it in Translucent since I am quite fair. however once I put it on over my tinted moisturizer, it was quite white, My sister has the same one in beige, and i tried her's on the next day, it matched my skin tone and was very smooth. Next time I will buy the beige one.

Pros: Found my skin tone
Smooth
Cheap

Cons: Not very pigmented
Looks cakey (Translucent one)
Cheesy packaging

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for something to replace my beloved Revlon Colorstay powder and picked this up dirt cheap. I have used this all up now, but I like my colorstay a bit more. I won't lie, this has good coverage and really does add that 'smooth skin' effect. I just find this hard to smooth over my skin. I would buy this again if I was broke or whatever.