October 1, 2014 | 927 users online

Nail Tools - Sephora - Glass Nail File

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 10:29:00 PM More reviews by sephoraqueen

Glass nail files are the way to go! Never again will I go back to emery boards, or those silly foam things. Glass boards keep your nails from snagging, and give you a pretty even file. It's got my vote!

Just be careful not to drop them.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

This is awesome. I've been making more of an effort to take care of my nails now, and the first step was to buy a glass nail file. Let's just say I can never go back to the regular emery board! Before, I was filing my nails with the emery board and it just seemed like the edges were really rough. With the glass file, it's super smooth. Watch out though, it files the nail a bit quicker than a regular emery board, so make sure you watch how much you file off if you don't want your nails too short. This is super easy to clean, you just rinse with water and let it air dry and it's ready to go. I didn't believe people at first when they recommended this was so much better, but from the get-go when I first filed with it, I can never look back now! By the way, it is made with glass, so I'd be a bit extra careful with it. You can't just throw it around like the old emery board.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this two weeks ago, because of the good reviews, but I do not like it at all. I find it difficult to use. I have another one,from another mark, which was half of the price, but 10 times better. I regret I've bought it. I gave it one lippie because it is pink :).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 11:16:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

I heard a lot of talk of glass nail files on the nail board and that was all new to me. I'm just begining to do my own nails again and skipping the salons. With salons, they use boards and drills (I had acrylics). Wow, since doing my own natural nails w/ this glass file, I'm amazed of how gentle it is! I noticed with the boards, they literally sawed my nails and made them look even more rough. This glass file is expensive but it is worth it. Plus, it will last a lot longer than those $2.00 cheap boards.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 6:41:00 PM More reviews by KathySkates

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this nail file. I will never buy another emery board again. I cannot believe that I didn't try this sooner. I read about it on one of the boards and saw it when I was out browsing at Sephora. It does such a great job of filing with precision and without tearing your nail's edge. When it gets dull you are supposed to rinse it with water and it is supposed to be like new again. I haven't had to do that yet. I am fearful of dropping it though so I store it carefully in its plastic case when I am finished with it. I may purchase two more for work and my car because I cannot stand a chipped nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by aguadora

Yipee! I got this on sale for 10 QAR each. (around $4). Which made it cheaper than the other glass files I've seen around here, and it works pretty well. I even bought a backup, in case I break it. But this seems like a "buy once, use forever" product, which I like. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did not find superior to a regular plastic file. I guess it should have been obvious (it is called glass) but I did not expect it to shatter into a million pieces when I accidentally dropped it- face it, you are not super graceful when you are picking things up with freshly manicured nails

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by DLux

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very nice nail file. Tired of regularly buying emery boards, I splurged on this file today and am very happy with how smooth it has made my nails. It doesn't require much effort to use, and seems very durable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by steph_mark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i had another glass file previous to this one (la crosse, from sally) and it was alright. i never got why it was supposedly *so* much better than a metal file. i have sorta crappy nails after biting them for 24 years of my life, but finally, they're pretty healthy. the la crosse glass file didn't seem to help lessen the breaking or the peeling for me like it did for some, so i was about ready to give up.

when i was in sephora for my birthday i saw their glass file. i was away from home, so i actually needed a file either way, so i decided to go ahead and splurge the $8 to get this one. let me tell you, my expectations weren't all that high, but WOW. i was amazed at how much better the sephora glass file was vs. the la crosse glass file. even though i go to NB nearly every day, i seriously thought that all glass files were the same. i stand corrected. sephora's glass file really is all that and a bag of chips. next time i order online or i'm in store i will definitely get a second one to go into my bag. LOVE THIS.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Khristeen

After learning that glass nail files would cause less breakage in my nails i never looked back. The glass nail file by Sephora is amazing makes my nails look fabulous!