April 19, 2014 | 1066 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Secret Finish

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2006 6:56:00 AM More reviews by marytylermoore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think the formulation is a bit standard, but very effective.

It gives a bright and dewy finish that can brighten up the eye area on its own and highlight area or just make your foundation less matte.

Put some on the fingers, spread and just dab it on lightly with a pitter patter motion of the fingers - don't rub it in.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 5:03:00 PM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wear mineral powder foundation, which if you aren't careful, can leave the juciest young skin looking crepey and powdery. I've been setting it with a mister to get it to look like skin, but this is much nicer. If you have a problem with crepey makeup or want to set your foundation without the powdery fuzzed out look. I much prefer dewy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im probably one of the few who actually likes this. I dont like looking powdery, but I still like what powder does to set my makeup. I just use a drop of this, pat between my fingers and pat on my face, and it gets rid of the powdery look. And surprisingly, it keeps my nose from getting as oily (because my blotting sheet didnt pick up nearly as much oil). Also, it really does give my skin a natural look.. its strange, I use everything by LM for my foundation, and after the secret finish, it looks as if Im not wearing any foundation, but yet I look like I have perfect skin. I think this was precisely what she was getting at when creating her line... Anyway, when used correctly it works and is worth the money, although its expensive. I would repurchase.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:50:00 PM More reviews by tammyhughes

I use this product over LM's powder foundation and like it a lot. It removes any cakey appearance and give an ever-so-slight dewy flawless face. Be warned though, a little goes a LONG way. I use a dot less than the size of an eraser, rub between my hands, and then pat it onto my face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Secret Finish is supposed to "[set] makeup & [leave] the skin with a youthful glow," according to LM's website but I'm not sure how patting a thin serum/lotion hybrid over your powder can do anything but mess up your makeup (despite LM's claims)--I think applying this would make most people look like they've forgotten to touch up their face after running around outside in humid weather. I got a sample tube as an extra in a swap and I carry it around in my purse and use around my eyes during the day if they get tired or crepey-looking (I'm only 24 but have rather dry skin around my eyes), but it's not a must-have for me. I do not wear it anywhere else as it'll just make my powder and tinted moisturizer slide right off. The texture is very light and it absorbs nicely if you pat it in carefully and use just a small bit at a time. There doesn't seem to be a fragrance. It leaves my eyes looking refreshed and the skin more supple and (yes) dewy, but I get the same result if I use my cheap-o drugstore eye cream (Pond's Age DefEye, which has a similar texture). This rather pointless item costs about twenty smackers.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2006 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Tessiepooh

I don't get it. They always try to put this on me when I go to the LM counter. It just makes me look greasy. I have super oily skin. Why would I want to add even more dew to my overly dewy complexion? Maybe this would work for someone with dry skin, but every time they have used it on me, I look like I slept in my makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 8:35:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very curious to try this product, after seeing the love/hate reviews on MUA. It's a light lotion that the MA tapped gently onto my face. I glanced in the mirror, and my makeup was all blotchy from where she had applied it! Needless to say, I didn't buy it and don't recommend it (if an LM MA can't put it on without blotching up makeup, I don't see how I could do it!).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Elisonia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my HG! I was walking around the makeup section of Myers as I like to do, often. Anyway I shall not tell you how I saw two old men kissing but how I found this perfect primer. I was just standing at the Laura Mercier counter waiting for my friend. I never paid much attention to this brand before, never really heard much about it to be honest. So I decided to just test some things on my hand and I put this on and it was an instant WOW factor. It made my skin feel really smooth and tight and it looked much more glowing than the rest of the skin. I did not buy it that day but i just couldnt stop dreaming about it so I went and bought it the next day. After using it a while I can say it truly was love at first sight. Its a perfect start to my makeup routine because it settles into lines and it makes it really nice and glowing. I also like to bring this with me and apply during the day ontop of my makeup to freshen it up. Just perfect :) I mean, okey it is a little expensive but certainly worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Onyxopi

I am so glad I didn't purchase this product. At the LM counter, a MA applied foundation and concealer on me. My skin looked flawless (I ended up purchasing the PF and Secret Camouflage). She then applied the Secret Finish and told me that it was like the "grand finale" of cosmetics. I literally watched her smear all of the other makeup off my face. It was very disappointing and such a waste of good makeup. At best, I would call this product a light moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really a little gem for quick touch ups and for turning cakey hours old make up inte looking decent again. It took me a while to get tha hang of how to use it and understanding what it could really do. But now it is something I always try to keep handy. What it is is really a kind of primer combined with a potent non oily moisturizer that lightly patted on top of your make up can turn an over powdered look into a glowing complexion. There is really no end to what use you can get from this little secret. But I find it does it's absolutely best job patted on top of or even under concealer under the eyes. If you have read any reviews of mine on the concealer topics, you know I'm not a true fan of those, since they usually put way too much emphasize on the lines around the eyes, just making me look older. But with this I can keep it from drying up too much throughout the day or night. You must use it lighly and sparingly though. Otherwise it will just smear around your make up. But once you learn how to use it it will soon become a true little secret friend...

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No