Laura Mercier Secret Finish

3.3

Aqua (Water), Propylene Glycol, Octyldodecanol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Sorbitan Stearate, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Bisabolol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Fragrance, Red 4, Yellow 5.

on 8/24/2007 12:14:00 PM

I love love love this stuff. When my primer, tinted moisturizer, mineral makeup, bronzer and blush are in place, I rub a little of this on the ends of my fingers and gently pat it on my face to give it a wonderful glow and set everything. I also may use it during the day to freshen up my look.

on 3/4/2007 1:15:00 AM

I didn't think I'd like this product but I do. It helps to set makeup and instead of a final dry powdered look...a more dewey natural look.
It is rather expensive and there may be other products out there that can do this job for less money. But I still like this product.

I think the formulation is a bit standard, but very effective.

It gives a bright and dewy finish that can brighten up the eye area on its own and highlight area or just make your foundation less matte.

Put some on the fingers, spread and just dab it on lightly with a pitter patter motion of the fingers - don't rub it in.

on 11/10/2006 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I wear mineral powder foundation, which if you aren't careful, can leave the juciest young skin looking crepey and powdery. I've been setting it with a mister to get it to look like skin, but this is much nicer. If you have a problem with crepey makeup or want to set your foundation without the powdery fuzzed out look. I much prefer dewy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Im probably one of the few who actually likes this. I dont like looking powdery, but I still like what powder does to set my makeup. I just use a drop of this, pat between my fingers and pat on my face, and it gets rid of the powdery look. And surprisingly, it keeps my nose from getting as oily (because my blotting sheet didnt pick up nearly as much oil). Also, it really does give my skin a natural look.. its strange, I use everything by LM for my foundation, and after the secret finish, it looks as if Im not wearing any foundation, but yet I look like I have perfect skin. I think this was precisely what she was getting at when creating her line... Anyway, when used correctly it works and is worth the money, although its expensive. I would repurchase.

on 7/27/2006 1:50:00 PM

I use this product over LM's powder foundation and like it a lot. It removes any cakey appearance and give an ever-so-slight dewy flawless face. Be warned though, a little goes a LONG way. I use a dot less than the size of an eraser, rub between my hands, and then pat it onto my face.

on 6/12/2006 4:06:00 PM

Secret Finish is supposed to "[set] makeup & [leave] the skin with a youthful glow," according to LM's website but I'm not sure how patting a thin serum/lotion hybrid over your powder can do anything but mess up your makeup (despite LM's claims)--I think applying this would make most people look like they've forgotten to touch up their face after running around outside in humid weather. I got a sample tube as an extra in a swap and I carry it around in my purse and use around my eyes during the day if they get tired or crepey-looking (I'm only 24 but have rather dry skin around my eyes), but it's not a must-have for me. I do not wear it anywhere else as it'll just make my powder and tinted moisturizer slide right off. The texture is very light and it absorbs nicely if you pat it in carefully and use just a small bit at a time. There doesn't seem to be a fragrance. It leaves my eyes looking refreshed and the skin more supple and (yes) dewy, but I get the same result if I use my cheap-o drugstore eye cream (Pond's Age DefEye, which has a similar texture). This rather pointless item costs about twenty smackers.

on 4/16/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't get it. They always try to put this on me when I go to the LM counter. It just makes me look greasy. I have super oily skin. Why would I want to add even more dew to my overly dewy complexion? Maybe this would work for someone with dry skin, but every time they have used it on me, I look like I slept in my makeup.

on 2/10/2006 8:35:00 PM

I was very curious to try this product, after seeing the love/hate reviews on MUA. It's a light lotion that the MA tapped gently onto my face. I glanced in the mirror, and my makeup was all blotchy from where she had applied it! Needless to say, I didn't buy it and don't recommend it (if an LM MA can't put it on without blotching up makeup, I don't see how I could do it!).

on 1/8/2006 9:12:00 PM

One of my HG! I was walking around the makeup section of Myers as I like to do, often. Anyway I shall not tell you how I saw two old men kissing but how I found this perfect primer. I was just standing at the Laura Mercier counter waiting for my friend. I never paid much attention to this brand before, never really heard much about it to be honest. So I decided to just test some things on my hand and I put this on and it was an instant WOW factor. It made my skin feel really smooth and tight and it looked much more glowing than the rest of the skin. I did not buy it that day but i just couldnt stop dreaming about it so I went and bought it the next day. After using it a while I can say it truly was love at first sight. Its a perfect start to my makeup routine because it settles into lines and it makes it really nice and glowing. I also like to bring this with me and apply during the day ontop of my makeup to freshen it up. Just perfect :) I mean, okey it is a little expensive but certainly worth the money.

Popular Primer/ Correctors