Everyday Minerals Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 1/27/2009 11:44:00 AM

Love this for covering up my under eye dark circles! Also, combine a brush full of this w/ EM Mint Concealor = no more redness anywhere on my face. (Mint by itself can leave a whitish cast if applied to heavily. Abbott's combined w/ Mint - great coverage w/no whitish cast no matter how thick I put it on.) :)

HG for me (for reference, I'm fair, blonde w/ blue eyes, fairly normal skin. I usually wear the lightes shades in most ds foundations. EM = beige fairly light + buff linen.)

UPDATE 08/20/10 - on its own, I have found this is too drying under my eyes, so I either mix a bit of moisturizer or I use to set my liquid under-eye concealor which bumps up the coverage level. Still HG!!

on 1/13/2009 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Horrible for fair skin. Way too dark and orange.
I gave mine to a friends mother. She liked it.

on 12/15/2008 1:48:00 AM

Flesh toned concealers weren't doing the trick for me. It just looked like I was trying to cover up dark circles. I wanted something that would "neutralize" the darkness...I've heard from makeup artists that a salmon color works very well to reduce blue/purple tones, and that's what this is, so I gave it a try. It works better than anything I've tried. Sunlight by itself was too light and chalky looking to cover anything, but the touch of orange in this really does help...at least, if you have warm-toned skin....this doesn't seem to be working too well for ladies with pink/cool toned skin. It does neutralize the blues. However, the application is a bit sheer, and if you try to layer it it somehow settles into the texture of your skin...it can accent any crepeyness or dryness. But if I apply this with a concealer brush very gently, in two very light layers, patting with my finger to help blend even more, it looks good. Not PERFECT...but definitely better than I would have looked had I not used it. I have already reordered another sample of it.

on 12/4/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as part of the free EDM sampling kit, which by the way, is a very generous offers with JARS of samples, not just tiny bags.

I have sallow/olive skin with purple/blue undereye circles, and when I looked at this product in the jar, it looked way too orange for me.

But on my skin, it looks GREAT. The coverage is nice, it's easy to apply with a concealer brush. I use it on my lids also when I don't plan to wear any eyeshadow, and it covers the veins in my eyelids.

I deducted one lippie because I don't feel it lasts as long as a cream/liquid concealer. But I recommend giving it a shot as a sample and judging for yourself.

on 11/6/2008 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my undereye circles, and it covers only a *little* bit. Even though I have fair skin I find that the peach corrector works better by itself (i.e., minus the sunlight concealer). My circles are DARK though, so that could be why. I'd look into this if you have fair skin with slight circles and the peach corrector is too dark for you.

on 11/3/2008 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

If you have pale skin with pink undertones I would stay away from this. This was a terrible under eye concealer for me. I thought the peachy colour would neutralise the dark circles under me eyes but the colour was just way too yellow for my cool toned skin. Even after I buffed in my EM foundation you could still see a yellow tinge under my eyes. I will stick to my Pick Me Up Pink concealer.

on 10/21/2008 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as soon as it came out. Now, I do own other EDM concealers, however I just love when EDM comes out with new products. As, it gives me new makeup options that I can try and see if they would work for my individual skintone.

This concealer is lighter than the EDM Peach concealer. It has a light salmony pink+yellow color to it instead. It really does brighten up the eye area, however I do find that it doesn't do as well a job of totally neturalizing the darkness around my eye like the EDM Peach Color Corrector does.However, I still find it to be a good product nonetheless.

on 10/15/2008 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and I did like it until I figured out that I could use winged butter in intensive with a small brush instead.

This product is not very peachy but it has a tint of it making the lights reflect off the dark circles. I don't have a problem with this looking cakey on me.

It's worth a try!

on 10/15/2008 4:55:00 PM

This is THE best mineral concealer i've ever used for my dark circles. I never thought a mineral concealer can actually cover anything but it DOES. It provides a very, very good coverage under my eyes and looks quite natural. But when i touch-up in the evenings, it tends to get cakey. I used to use LM concealer cream, but this EM concealer may even be better and easier to apply. You can use any concealer or foundation brush to apply this. (The only beef i have about EM products is the logo. My BF thought i bought it from TARGET. He said he didn't know Target makes makeup.)

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products