September 16, 2014 | 1863 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Abbott's Perk Me Up Concealer

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this product. My undereyes aren't REALLY dark, but they're dark enough for me to want to get rid of. I use this concealer with another liquid concealer from Mary Kay, and it looks better. The Mary Kay was too yellow and too obvious. But with this EM concealer, it was just perfect. I wouldn't use EM concealers by themselves though. They're too drying and so they show any wrinkles you may have, WHICH I think everyone has some sort of amount of wrinkles, whether it's a lot or a little, we don't really like showing them off. Anywho. This is a good concealer because it not only neutralizes the darkness but it has light-reflecting particles. Very Very tiny, they're not shimmery at all... It just brings light to your eyes.. I'll probably repurchase it when I'm done. I mean it's the only one I use along with my Mary Kay one.

UPDATE: I now hate powder concealers, You have to work real hard for them not to look cakey. It's the undereye, so if you put a little, it doesnt help the darkness, if you put more, it still doesnt help, if you put a lot, it looks cakey.
If you put a concealer under it and then the powder concealer, it's still looks cakey for me!
ahh* it was working until I really looked in the mirror and saw the disaster I was looking at.
Undereyes are delicate and for the most part dry. Don't dry them up even more with powder. Unless u have oil undereyes =/.
Hope this helps.
OH MY GOSH, AND WHEN YOU CRY WITH THIS ON. Instead of the usual mascara black tears running down your face, it's a beige whitish tear running down ur face. Not nice. When I dried it, it left a path of white-ish down my face.
hate it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

Love this for covering up my under eye dark circles! Also, combine a brush full of this w/ EM Mint Concealor = no more redness anywhere on my face. (Mint by itself can leave a whitish cast if applied to heavily. Abbott's combined w/ Mint - great coverage w/no whitish cast no matter how thick I put it on.) :)

HG for me (for reference, I'm fair, blonde w/ blue eyes, fairly normal skin. I usually wear the lightes shades in most ds foundations. EM = beige fairly light + buff linen.)

UPDATE 08/20/10 - on its own, I have found this is too drying under my eyes, so I either mix a bit of moisturizer or I use to set my liquid under-eye concealor which bumps up the coverage level. Still HG!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Horrible for fair skin. Way too dark and orange.
I gave mine to a friends mother. She liked it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by scridsrolls

Flesh toned concealers weren't doing the trick for me. It just looked like I was trying to cover up dark circles. I wanted something that would "neutralize" the darkness...I've heard from makeup artists that a salmon color works very well to reduce blue/purple tones, and that's what this is, so I gave it a try. It works better than anything I've tried. Sunlight by itself was too light and chalky looking to cover anything, but the touch of orange in this really does help...at least, if you have warm-toned skin....this doesn't seem to be working too well for ladies with pink/cool toned skin. It does neutralize the blues. However, the application is a bit sheer, and if you try to layer it it somehow settles into the texture of your skin...it can accent any crepeyness or dryness. But if I apply this with a concealer brush very gently, in two very light layers, patting with my finger to help blend even more, it looks good. Not PERFECT...but definitely better than I would have looked had I not used it. I have already reordered another sample of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by bellapoison

I got this as part of the free EDM sampling kit, which by the way, is a very generous offers with JARS of samples, not just tiny bags.

I have sallow/olive skin with purple/blue undereye circles, and when I looked at this product in the jar, it looked way too orange for me.

But on my skin, it looks GREAT. The coverage is nice, it's easy to apply with a concealer brush. I use it on my lids also when I don't plan to wear any eyeshadow, and it covers the veins in my eyelids.

I deducted one lippie because I don't feel it lasts as long as a cream/liquid concealer. But I recommend giving it a shot as a sample and judging for yourself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Adara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this for my undereye circles, and it covers only a *little* bit. Even though I have fair skin I find that the peach corrector works better by itself (i.e., minus the sunlight concealer). My circles are DARK though, so that could be why. I'd look into this if you have fair skin with slight circles and the peach corrector is too dark for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2008 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sheloves2move

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have pale skin with pink undertones I would stay away from this. This was a terrible under eye concealer for me. I thought the peachy colour would neutralise the dark circles under me eyes but the colour was just way too yellow for my cool toned skin. Even after I buffed in my EM foundation you could still see a yellow tinge under my eyes. I will stick to my Pick Me Up Pink concealer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I bought this product as soon as it came out. Now, I do own other EDM concealers, however I just love when EDM comes out with new products. As, it gives me new makeup options that I can try and see if they would work for my individual skintone.

This concealer is lighter than the EDM Peach concealer. It has a light salmony pink+yellow color to it instead. It really does brighten up the eye area, however I do find that it doesn't do as well a job of totally neturalizing the darkness around my eye like the EDM Peach Color Corrector does.However, I still find it to be a good product nonetheless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

I received a sample of this and I did like it until I figured out that I could use winged butter in intensive with a small brush instead.

This product is not very peachy but it has a tint of it making the lights reflect off the dark circles. I don't have a problem with this looking cakey on me.

It's worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This is THE best mineral concealer i've ever used for my dark circles. I never thought a mineral concealer can actually cover anything but it DOES. It provides a very, very good coverage under my eyes and looks quite natural. But when i touch-up in the evenings, it tends to get cakey. I used to use LM concealer cream, but this EM concealer may even be better and easier to apply. You can use any concealer or foundation brush to apply this. (The only beef i have about EM products is the logo. My BF thought i bought it from TARGET. He said he didn't know Target makes makeup.)