October 24, 2014 | 1816 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by beautycalls09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is really, really shimmery. I swatched it on my hand next to the color stick in "persimmon" (which is pretty shimmery itself) and this is 100% shimmer. It didn't blend very well and had a strong scent. Into the trash bin it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love highlighters and I find myself using this one the most (out of four that I own). First off, it's only a $1!!! Second, although the package is small, a little goes a long way, so it last at least six months. It's pretty thick too (in a good way), so it last all day, excellent staying power.. When I first put it on I always worry that I applied too much, but throughout the day it gives me a beautiful healthy glow that I love. I find powder highlighters don't last as long as this, and for a $1, I couldn't ask for more. I'd love to try other colors b/c this one has been so fantastic. Buy it! I apply it along the upper corners of my cheeks (right near where I apply my blush, down my nose and cupid's bow, and my brow bone. If you try this product for the first time, go easy b/c again, a little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Rlarkin

Love this for my cheeks. Easy to apply (I use my ring finger but just bought a beauty blender so I'll try that too), gives a nice dewy look and stays put. I wouldn't buy a pricey highlighter one when I can get this for $1.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by foxlooseinnyc

I love this product!! For a dollar, whoa it's amazing. I use it with my beauty blender (love that too), and tap on my cheek bones for a nice highlighter. I used to have a very popular highlighter that cost around $20, I'm sure you all know which one (**cough "high beam"), and it still performs the same. Now i love packaging, that usually sways me to purchase more products than I really need. But for a dollar? Really? I'm not one to complain, that a plastic tube is not acceptable. Why drive the cost, and waste? So yes give it a try, it's only a dollar.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by beautygurl011

I overall really liked this product. I gave it a 4 overall because it's a little bit too shimmery on my face. It may work great for other skin tones, but not mine. It's really cheap ($1). It's a little on the small side, but overall it's a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

ELF has done it again! This stuff is great, and I would pay a lot more than $1 for it. Good thing I don't have to.
I know this is a highlighter, but I use it primarily as a shimmery blush. This stuff is definitely a cool pink base, and since I'm so pale, the pink shows through really well. I can't use it to highlight everything, because then everything is pink. But, if you are not bordering on alabaster skin, then you could probably get away with it.
The texture is good, and oddly enough- this stuff smells like fruit loops. No lie!
I'll keep buying this as long as I can find it. Good stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by spookibelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know it's only a dollar, but it's so much smaller than I thought. It's cute, and easy to store, but it's not practical to keep buying low-quality highlighter. It looks nice, but I find the formula sort of sticky and difficult to blend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that the majority of my makeup is not drugstore brands. I typically wear MAC, Guerlain, Chanel, Lancome, and Dior. However, ELF Studio is my weakness, because some of their products are "dupes" for higher-end, and insanely cheap. I picked up the Lilac Petal shimmering whip at Target for $1, because I read on several blogs that it is a dupe for Benefit High Beam at about 1/20 the cost. Well, it is. It is practically identical! A nice pearlescent pinkish highlighter. Slightly more difficult to blend, but for $1 I'm very impressed with this. I will never buy High Beam again!. Overall, this is a great bargain for only $1 and I will probably be buying one for my travel kit as well as a backup for home. If you use or covet High Beam, you'd be insane not to give this a try for $1. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this highlighter. It claims you can use it on eyes, lips, and face, but you can only really use it on your face and eyes (but it creases). I once experimented using it on my lips, but it looked SUPER frosty and terrible. But hear me out... it works amazingly as a highlighter! I use a bit to highlight my cheekbone, browbone, and inner corner of my eye. If you blend it out, it looks beautiful and dewy. From swatches of Benefit High Beam I've seen online, this is very similar to it. It doesn't have any gritty glitter, which is good. It's very small, but you only need a tiny bit of product each time, and it looks cute. The only con I have is that mine has 2 holes in the opening, so it comes out of 2 places, but I can live with it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by NinaJoy

ONLY $1 for an AMAZING highlighter that has great staying power and comes in a package you can take anywhere!

why spend like 30X as much for the Benefits High Beam when this is out?

the name throws you off a little "Lilac Petal" but it's a wonderful neutral pink/frosty shimmer.

LOVE LOVE LOVE